2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
saihtam
Brian McDermott's optician

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Post by saihtam »

Talking about Norway, would love to after Jonas Wind. Big strong and prolific like Haaland.
https://www.transfermarkt.com/jonas-win ... ler/391004
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

In other news, West Brom lost so no harm done by Bamford being terrible at the job he gets paid to do.
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Polkadot »

saihtam wrote:
Talking about Norway, would love to after Jonas Wind. Big strong and prolific like Haaland.
https://www.transfermarkt.com/jonas-win ... ler/391004
Norway and Denmark stoppes being in a union together in 1814 :thumbup:

Wind does look a real gem, but he had a knee surgery in august and haven’t played since. Don’t really know what it was for, but a big knee surgery in that age could be limiting his career...
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

HalifaxWhite wrote:In other news, West Brom lost so no harm done by Bamford being terrible at the job he gets paid to do.
You do know this thread is transfers and squad discussion. Let's not drag the forum down to childish one liners whatever you think.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
saihtam
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by saihtam »

HalifaxWhite wrote:In other news, West Brom lost so no harm done by Bamford being terrible at the job he gets paid to do.
They are in a bit tad worse run than we are currently.
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

Leeds United are said to be battling it out with both West Ham and Norwich City to sign Rayo Vallecano winger Adri Embarba. He began his career in Real Madrid's youth academy. (Mundo Deportivo)
Seem to be casting net further afield.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

The longer we leave it the more clubs will hold us to ransom over the price.

I think the biggest problem we have now is clubs know we are desperate for a clinical striker. So any approach for one will be met with high demands. If PB had been finishing his chances recently and we were looking for someone to replace Eddie then I feel we would have someone by now. As it stands we approach and they quote outrageous prices as they know we are desperate. We have no second striker but also our first isn't a good finisher.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

HalifaxWhite wrote:The longer we leave it the more clubs will hold us to ransom over the price.

I think the biggest problem we have now is clubs know we are desperate for a clinical striker. So any approach for one will be met with high demands. If PB had been finishing his chances recently and we were looking for someone to replace Eddie then I feel we would have someone by now. As it stands we approach and they quote outrageous prices as they know we are desperate. We have no second striker but also our first isn't a good finisher.
'The longer we leave it'? Do you think we cause these problems for ourselves, mate?

I don't think that really applies, certainly nowhere near as much, when it's loan deals anyway. Clubs don't usually offload players who are doing well for them, in January, and I don't think we're prepared to spend big at this stage.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

I have just read on another forum that 32Red Bankrolled Wayne Rooney's move to Derby? Surely a sponsor can't favour one particular team in the same league with the same sponsor? Can't see it being true tbh?

Just looked it up. It seems like its another loophole regarding ffp? Rooney is wearing the number 32 has part of the deal. Time for them to back us as well? If we have them plastered on the front of our shirts can't see a problem with a big name player they bankroll wearing the number 32?
blackpool white
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by blackpool white »

really? If forest win tomorrow they will be 1 game away from taking second spot from us

we do not need to get ahead of the baggies, just stay ahead of the chasing pack, in that task was made much harder by the impotent bamford.

did you see the goal Chris Wood scored the other day........now there is a striker!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/football/ ... -leicester