2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
ilkley62
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Post by ilkley62 »

Positive or Negative, fact or fiction I find most posts from everyone an interesting read.... keep going :D
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Otherworld »

It’s not that long ago when we would’ve been relieved to see the window close without us selling our best player...
Sovietmule
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Sovietmule »

Otherworld wrote:It’s not that long ago when we would’ve been relieved to see the window close without us selling our best player...
As much as anything else I've read on here, Otherworld's post sums up how far the club has come in the last two seasons.
superfox
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by superfox »

Sky Sports reports the Adams deal is surely off now:

Southampton have told Leeds that Che Adams will not be leaving St Mary’s in this window.

The Saints believe the striker is happy on the south coast and has no interest in going anywhere, amid reports of a second offer.

Manager Ralph Hasenhuttl already effectively ruled out Adams moving to Elland Road earlier in the window, and the club believe Adams has no interest in going.

Hasenhuttl said: “I wouldn’t consider loaning him out. I need every player especially in an attacking position as we don’t have many.”

Seriously hope that we move on to the next one.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

superfox wrote:Sky Sports reports the Adams deal is surely off now:

Southampton have told Leeds that Che Adams will not be leaving St Mary’s in this window.

The Saints believe the striker is happy on the south coast and has no interest in going anywhere, amid reports of a second offer.

Manager Ralph Hasenhuttl already effectively ruled out Adams moving to Elland Road earlier in the window, and the club believe Adams has no interest in going.

Hasenhuttl said: “I wouldn’t consider loaning him out. I need every player especially in an attacking position as we don’t have many.”

Seriously hope that we move on to the next one.
Think we have moved on but let's see, think we have an issue that everyone knows our top target is a striker and if I was in their shoes that's what I would say if trying to get a better deal.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

No second Championship loan for Nketiah. Staying with Arsenal.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

isrodger wrote:No second Championship loan for Nketiah. Staying with Arsenal.
Be interesting to see how many starts he gets, wasn't it lack of game time the reason they pulled him back :crazy:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
EastYorkie
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by EastYorkie »

Selby White wrote:
isrodger wrote:No second Championship loan for Nketiah. Staying with Arsenal.
Be interesting to see how many starts he gets, wasn't it lack of game time the reason they pulled him back :crazy:
As you're swivelling eyes emoji would suggest, that was the official line but there was clearly more to it than that.

We may never know but Nketiah clearly wasn't totally happy here. Maybe it was as simple as being away from home and he was lonely stuck in a rented house somewhere on his own. Maybe he just didn't get on with the other lads in the squad. Maybe he didn't like Bielsa's working regime. Maybe Arteta having seen how Leeds played in that first half might think that Nketiah might help kick his own squad up the backside with horror stories about playing murderball :) .... the list goes on of potential reasons why he was recalled, possibly a bit of everything rather than one big reason.

My own opinion is that the lad is clearly going to be a decent player. He's skillful, quick and once integrated into a PL team will do the business but that might take a bit of time yet. The Championship though is a bit rougher, not as skillful and more chaotic - i.e. its not as suited to his game as say tippy, tappy PL football. Horses for courses and all that.

When he played in the U23s, most of our better U23s were on a par with him in terms of skill and their contribution. He and they didn't look out of place and certainly they all seemed on a par with him, which is a positive sign. I think this underlines though that its a big step up from U23s to Championship football - its much more physically demanding and you need strength as well as skill. You also need to know how the team plays and be well prepared mentally for the battle. There often isn't much time on the ball before somebody will clatter into you.

I wish the lad well, I'm sure coming to Leeds and Bielsa has been a bit of an eye opener for him and will serve him well in the future.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

From the Sheffield United presser, Wilder says another club have contacted them regarding the availability of Billy Sharp.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

I think Billy would score a decent number of goals for us. I heard while he was at Leeds, he was dealing with a personal tragedy. I think he'd have a point to prove.