2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Post by Barlow Boy »

Tyler Denton departs for Stevenage.....

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... enage-move
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
PC71
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by PC71 »

I think Brentford are teaching us a thing or 2 about how to conduct your business.

They buy Pontus for what many of us feel in a low 4 - 5.5M, then sell Konsa for 12M.

Get your replacement in first, gets the fans on side and doesn't tell potential sellers how much money you have to spend.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

PC71 wrote:I think Brentford are teaching us a thing or 2 about how to conduct your business.

They buy Pontus for what many of us feel in a low 4 - 5.5M, then sell Konsa for 12M.

Get your replacement in first, gets the fans on side and doesn't tell potential sellers how much money you have to spend.

I think their owner has taught several individuals, companies and corporations a few lesson about business, mate :thumbup:
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Great thread for anyone with an interest in the data and statistics behind our performances last season, based on the new Opta analysis of 18/19:

https://twitter.com/Jon_Mackenzie/statu ... 6462241793

Broadly very positive on a lot of things, and a reminder that even if his finishing wasn't quite there last season, Bamford is one of the best in the league for getting into goalscoring positions. The idea that he was receiving abuse from sections of the LUFC support last night is appalling/ridiculous in equal measure.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Palpatan
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Palpatan »

Great post, Leo. Lots to be positive about. We are clearly lacking the link players. Perhaps Costa and a resurgent Harrison will do the business. We definitely missed Saiz. How much for Frazier Campbell?
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Leonickroberts wrote:Great thread for anyone with an interest in the data and statistics behind our performances last season, based on the new Opta analysis of 18/19:

https://twitter.com/Jon_Mackenzie/statu ... 6462241793

Broadly very positive on a lot of things, and a reminder that even if his finishing wasn't quite there last season, Bamford is one of the best in the league for getting into goalscoring positions. The idea that he was receiving abuse from sections of the LUFC support last night is appalling/ridiculous in equal measure.
I agree with your comments concerning the abuse. Not acceptable under any circumstances. However, 5 goals scored and one of our main strikers (Bamford) didn't get on the score sheet. He may have been one of the best for getting into goalscoring positions but he must have been one of the worst for converting them. I only saw the highlights (York game) posted on here, but he had one chance, with his back to goal and under no pressure, screaming out for a flick header at goal. Instead, he jumps in the air, brings it down on his chest and tries a bicycle kick which went about 20 yards over the bar. He is just not a finisher.
I once played against Don Revie.
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

Aston Villa look like they could be ending their interest in Leeds United Kalvin Phillips, as they look to pursue the more affordable Ryan Woods of Stoke City. (Mirror)
Some good news, perhaps?
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Palpatan wrote:Great post, Leo. Lots to be positive about. We are clearly lacking the link players. Perhaps Costa and a resurgent Harrison will do the business. We definitely missed Saiz. How much for Frazier Campbell?
Sicknote Campbell? surely not! :eh:
Keep The Faith / WAL
dunlop
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by dunlop »

personally , i wish we had a target man that could head the ball!
i'm not sure that it suits MB's style of play to have a target man i.e: a mcburnie type player , but
with the amount of pressure that we put on teams and the amount of corners we get because of that pressure ,
our team seems to be lacking any real ariel threat or attacking presence in the box!
especially against the better teams.