2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
lufctrav
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Post by lufctrav »

new signing wrote:It may well be too late but i wonder if it would have been worth speaking to Mile Jedinak in the transfer window as cover for Phillips given Foreshaws long term injury
The squad could do with an Australian or two
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

Daniel Sturbridge just had contract terminated at Trabzonspor by mutual consent. He scored 7 in 16 and is now a available on a free. I reckon he'd be decent for championship and we are struggling for striker numbers? Deal to end of season could suit both parties?
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I saw that today and considered it for a nanosecond : I just don't think he'd fit our system. He's not exactly known for his workrate and he's very fragile. The wages would be silly money too.
whitedancer
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by whitedancer »

haven't we got enough injury phrone players on the books
and he wouldn't get a game either, not under bielsas play to you drop scheme
Aaron
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Aaron »

blackbox2342 wrote:Daniel Sturbridge just had contract terminated at Trabzonspor by mutual consent. He scored 7 in 16 and is now a available on a free. I reckon he'd be decent for championship and we are struggling for striker numbers? Deal to end of season could suit both parties?
We'll be in the Prem by the time he's up to speed with Bielsaball.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

blackbox2342 wrote:Daniel Sturbridge just had contract terminated at Trabzonspor by mutual consent. He scored 7 in 16 and is now a available on a free. I reckon he'd be decent for championship and we are struggling for striker numbers? Deal to end of season could suit both parties?
Another player who would have done great things for both Liverpool and England had he stayed fit imo. We don't need anymore dead wood, he'd snap instantly in his first Murderball session.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Just read he can't play till June anyway.
He's banned for some betting irregularities, according to the headline. Didn't waste my time reading the article as I CBA with gifted players who throw their careers away.
Sovietmule
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Sovietmule »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
Another player who would have done great things for both Liverpool and England had he stayed fit imo. We don't need anymore dead wood, he'd snap instantly in his first Murderball session.
Seems to be made out of breadsticks, doesn't he?
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

rigger wrote:Just read he can't play till June anyway.
He's banned for some betting irregularities, according to the headline. Didn't waste my time reading the article as I CBA with gifted players who throw their careers away.
He gave betting tips about his upcoming transfer to his brother in law I believe it was. The has the nerve to come out and say betting companies should stop allowing betting on transfers haha what a muppet.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

HalifaxWhite wrote:
rigger wrote:Just read he can't play till June anyway.
He gave betting tips about his upcoming transfer to his brother in law I believe it was. The has the nerve to come out and say betting companies should stop allowing betting on transfers haha what a muppet.
A old mate of mine (who at the time had Defoe on his books) was tipped the wink, by John Terry that a young Sturridge whilst at Chelsea was really in need of ‘guidance’. His representatives were all family members led chiefly by his father who many will remember @ Derby. Needless to say his initial contact, was not well received and threats etc were made. It was apparent the ‘family’ were very much in it for themselves and were somewhat questionable. Seems the lad is still struggling in terms of family members. Ironically I put the same guy in contact with Elliot Kebbie, as I remotely knew the lad. Unfortunately for player, his mother was determined to pursue her dream of a life in the sun. His career peaked at Salford City from memory.

Whilst Defoe appears to have really sorted himself out, he too was ‘guided’ by his mum who once forbid Jermaine whilst @ spurs from earning £35k from a 2 hour photo shoot in Leicester as he would be tired being limousined there and back. That was shortly before he was due to sign a multimillion contract to be the new face of shredded wheat; contract signed, announcement to be made; when he appears on the front page of the News of the World caught In flagrante in the back of a car! 12 months work & the contract blown (pardon the pun) for 5 mins in a car park!