2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Post by Another Northern Soul »

If we're seriously in the running to buy Bowen this month then I will eat my hat.

Providing it's made of food :P
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

No chance at twenty mil.

I'll stick my neck out now and say we won't pay a fee for anyone this window and I'd give it about 30% that we even get another striker in on loan, probably from Europe.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Another Northern Soul wrote:If we're seriously in the running to buy Bowen this month then I will eat my hat.

It is reported we have offered £3m loan fee with £15m to make it permanent if we go up. Evidently it’s the highest total offer Hull have received.

I guess it depends on how much Hull believe Bowen is worth in the summer with 1 yr left on his deal? Probably £12 - £15m maximum. The offer seems well structured to tempt Hull; tempting the player & his agent may be even more difficult.

As regards the player himself, he very much plays in the Costa role, indeed Hay reported the club chose Costa over him in the summer. Given Bielsas penchant for requiring newcomers to be fully integrated into the team patterns, it wouldn’t be a complete surprise that if he was acquired just like Clarke he will be under-utilised. For that money one would hope Bielsa has a plan to play him from the start.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

I used to live in Hull and have a good friend over there who's a season ticket holder, he's got some good and reliable sources close to the club. I spoke to him this morning and he's told me that the Bowen deal is still being negotiated at this moment in time.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

isrodger wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:If we're seriously in the running to buy Bowen this month then I will eat my hat.

It is reported we have offered £3m loan fee with £15m to make it permanent if we go up. Evidently it’s the highest total offer Hull have received.

I guess it depends on how much Hull believe Bowen is worth in the summer with 1 yr left on his deal? Probably £12 - £15m maximum. The offer seems well structured to tempt Hull; tempting the player & his agent may be even more difficult.

As regards the player himself, he very much plays in the Costa role, indeed Hay reported the club chose Costa over him in the summer. Given Bielsas penchant for requiring newcomers to be fully integrated into the team patterns, it wouldn’t be a complete surprise that if he was acquired just like Clarke he will be under-utilised. For that money one would hope Bielsa has a plan to play him from the start.
It's also reported that that report is a lie, so there you go. Either way, I don't try to claim 'reports' are true or not unless I am in the know, and I don't use possible fake news to ever back up whatever point I'm trying to make.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

rigger wrote:No chance at twenty mil.

I'll stick my neck out now and say we won't pay a fee for anyone this window and I'd give it about 30% that we even get another striker in on loan, probably from Europe.
Sadly, that's exactly my view.
I once played against Don Revie.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

I am quite relaxed about the Transfer Window. Was not was not worried or excited and expected nothing to happen. Not surprised or disappointed :yawn:
Keep The Faith / WAL
isrodger

Post by isrodger »

Nasser bin Ghanim Al - Khelafi ....sat next to Radz @ QPR .... I’m pretty sure it was him just pictured on sky ... surprised SKY didn’t pick up on it ... I could be wrong .... we could be minted !
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

isrodger wrote:Nasser bin Ghanim Al - Khelafi ....sat next to Radz @ QPR .... I’m pretty sure it was him just pictured on sky ... surprised SKY didn’t pick up on it ... I could be wrong .... we could be minted !

The boys at Sky clearly don't have your connections :problem:
isrodger

Post by isrodger »

isrodger wrote:Nasser bin Ghanim Al - Khelafi ....sat next to Radz @ QPR .... I’m pretty sure it was him just pictured on sky ... surprised SKY didn’t pick up on it ... I could be wrong .... we could be minted !
Evidently Radz & Nasser were pictured last night having Dinner @ a restaurant in Berkeley Square. Could be TV related however :clap: