2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Postby rigger » 23 May 2019, 19:39

SiMamu wrote:https://the72.co.uk/132037/leeds-united-face-battle-to-hold-on-to-popular-defender-serie-a-interest/
Cellino's Brescia linked with Berardi.



I love the guy and think he's been arguably our most consistent central defender when he's played in that position for us this season, but his disciplinary record is still as bad as ever.
At his age he should have learned from his mistakes, especially when the stakes are as high as a play-off semi-final so I would reluctantly wish him on his way should a decent offer (£4m+) come our way ..
If you thought that post was good, you should check out my interesting and constantly surprising blog: http://paulridgeblog.com/
User avatar
rigger
LUFCTALK Admin
 
Posts: 12886
Joined: 07 Oct 2010, 17:35

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Postby Daz5 » 24 May 2019, 06:07

Star newspaper has us intrested in Delph from city for 15 MIL !
Daz5
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier
 
Posts: 447
Joined: 12 Jul 2015, 10:31

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Postby Nic » 24 May 2019, 06:18

rigger wrote:
SiMamu wrote:https://the72.co.uk/132037/leeds-united-face-battle-to-hold-on-to-popular-defender-serie-a-interest/
Cellino's Brescia linked with Berardi.



I love the guy and think he's been arguably our most consistent central defender when he's played in that position for us this season, but his disciplinary record is still as bad as ever.
At his age he should have learned from his mistakes, especially when the stakes are as high as a play-off semi-final so I would reluctantly wish him on his way should a decent offer (£4m+) come our way ..

Cellino will not want to pay £4M!
User avatar
Nic
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter
 
Posts: 1201
Joined: 31 Jan 2013, 15:46

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Postby Another Northern Soul » 24 May 2019, 07:19

Nic wrote:
rigger wrote:
SiMamu wrote:https://the72.co.uk/132037/leeds-united-face-battle-to-hold-on-to-popular-defender-serie-a-interest/
Cellino's Brescia linked with Berardi.



I love the guy and think he's been arguably our most consistent central defender when he's played in that position for us this season, but his disciplinary record is still as bad as ever.
At his age he should have learned from his mistakes, especially when the stakes are as high as a play-off semi-final so I would reluctantly wish him on his way should a decent offer (£4m+) come our way ..

Cellino will not want to pay £4M!


He wouldn't cost anywhere near £4m anyway, IMHO ;)
User avatar
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 4894
Joined: 01 Nov 2015, 09:55

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Postby PhoenixUnited » 24 May 2019, 08:40

Another Northern Soul wrote:
Nic wrote:
rigger wrote:
SiMamu wrote:https://the72.co.uk/132037/leeds-united-face-battle-to-hold-on-to-popular-defender-serie-a-interest/
Cellino's Brescia linked with Berardi.

I love the guy and think he's been arguably our most consistent central defender when he's played in that position for us this season, but his disciplinary record is still as bad as ever.
At his age he should have learned from his mistakes, especially when the stakes are as high as a play-off semi-final so I would reluctantly wish him on his way should a decent offer (£4m+) come our way ..

Cellino will not want to pay £4M!


He wouldn't cost anywhere near £4m anyway, IMHO ;)

He'll be on his way for £500k if we resort to type! :lol:

To be honest he is whole hearted I grant you but a squad player and at best and no more. I cannot imagine that anyone will be willing to part with anything in excess of £1m even in these days of where player prices are accelerating upwards. :lol:
No worries! Let's just play with what we have got.

Keep The Faith / WAL
User avatar
PhoenixUnited
George Graham's Crombie cleaner
 
Posts: 358
Joined: 30 May 2018, 09:12

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Postby Another Northern Soul » 24 May 2019, 08:53

PhoenixUnited wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:
Nic wrote:
rigger wrote:
SiMamu wrote:https://the72.co.uk/132037/leeds-united-face-battle-to-hold-on-to-popular-defender-serie-a-interest/
Cellino's Brescia linked with Berardi.

I love the guy and think he's been arguably our most consistent central defender when he's played in that position for us this season, but his disciplinary record is still as bad as ever.
At his age he should have learned from his mistakes, especially when the stakes are as high as a play-off semi-final so I would reluctantly wish him on his way should a decent offer (£4m+) come our way ..

Cellino will not want to pay £4M!


He wouldn't cost anywhere near £4m anyway, IMHO ;)

He'll be on his way for £500k if we resort to type! :lol:

To be honest he is whole hearted I grant you but a squad player and at best and no more. I cannot imagine that anyone will be willing to part with anything in excess of £1m even in these days of where player prices are accelerating upwards. :lol:


exactly my point mate, his age and his record and his being a defender means less demand. A good pal of mine if pretty close to Berardi and he loves it here and seems to be a genuinely good, intelligent chap (off the field :P ). We said it on here after his debut, that he looked to have some strong attributes but needed to quickly improve his self-discipline :(
User avatar
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 4894
Joined: 01 Nov 2015, 09:55

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Postby DominanceUK » 24 May 2019, 09:14

Another Northern Soul wrote:
PhoenixUnited wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:
Nic wrote:
rigger wrote:
SiMamu wrote:https://the72.co.uk/132037/leeds-united-face-battle-to-hold-on-to-popular-defender-serie-a-interest/
Cellino's Brescia linked with Berardi.

I love the guy and think he's been arguably our most consistent central defender when he's played in that position for us this season, but his disciplinary record is still as bad as ever.
At his age he should have learned from his mistakes, especially when the stakes are as high as a play-off semi-final so I would reluctantly wish him on his way should a decent offer (£4m+) come our way ..

Cellino will not want to pay £4M!


He wouldn't cost anywhere near £4m anyway, IMHO ;)

He'll be on his way for £500k if we resort to type! :lol:

To be honest he is whole hearted I grant you but a squad player and at best and no more. I cannot imagine that anyone will be willing to part with anything in excess of £1m even in these days of where player prices are accelerating upwards. :lol:


exactly my point mate, his age and his record and his being a defender means less demand. A good pal of mine if pretty close to Berardi and he loves it here and seems to be a genuinely good, intelligent chap (off the field :P ). We said it on here after his debut, that he looked to have some strong attributes but needed to quickly improve his self-discipline :(


You know exactly what you're getting with Berardi, he'll give 110% every match. We all know he is hot headed at times but more often than not you can't take that out of a player. He's a fantastic squad player to have. Another player I'd keep at all costs.
DominanceUK
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: 11 Aug 2014, 16:33

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Postby MOT1964 » 24 May 2019, 10:04

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9786074

The challenging summer which Andrea Radrizzani anticipates at Leeds United will not be entirely unlike his first two transfer windows as owner.

The influx will be much smaller than his first and the requirements may differ from his second but Radrizzani has an established approach to signings: the cost of ins balancing the cost of outs and nothing breaking the bank.

Leeds lose money year on year and will post a sizeable loss at the end of the 2018-19 accounting period, in spite of large attendances at Elland Road and rising commercial revenue, but the trickle of cash is never allowed to run away with itself.

Chris Wood’s sale helped to finance the many transfers completed in 2017. Last summer began with an £11m investment from the San Francisco 49ers and ended with Ronaldo Vieira being used to finance Patrick Bamford’s arrival from Middlesbrough.

There has rarely been any pretence from Radrizzani that Leeds can spend what they please and his justification for selling Vieira - a deal done despite Marcelo Bielsa promising to double the midfielder’s value if he stayed at Elland Road - was that £45m had been ploughed into the club between him and the 49ers and United “cannot just buy players and never sell any.”

The current transfer window might run in the same way and Leeds tried to buck the trend in the Championship by chasing automatic promotion without paying through the nose for it.

In the end they fell narrowly short.

The club are being linked with countless players already and sources abroad speak of interest in Fenerbahce striker Michael Frey and centre-back Silvan Hefti, a Switzerland Under-21 international at St Gallen, but the main focus in the transfer market will be domestic again and concentrated on the Premier League loan market.

United are interested in re-signing Jack Harrison from Manchester City, a winger who drew mixed reviews while ticking many of Bielsa’s boxes, but there is an acceptance among the recruitment team that their temporary deals were underwhelming: Jamal Blackman failing to make one league appearance before breaking his leg, Lewis Baker looking lost and Izzy Brown kicking his heels in between two outings as a substitute.

Bielsa’s most effective players were those who were on the books before he arrived and, in some cases, on the books before Radrizzani’s takeover.

Bielsa, assuming he agrees to a second year as head coach, will depend on a similar core again.

Leeds have obvious assets who they could choose to cash-in on - Kalvin Phillips, Pontus Jansson, Jack Clarke and Kemar Roofe - and Tottenham Hotspur appear to be making moves to bid for Clarke but there is money to be raised from fringe players too and those who spent the season on loan elsewhere.

Trabzonspor are ready to pay a seven-figure fee to take Caleb Ekuban back to Turkey permanently.

Samuel Saiz failed to win a full-time switch to Getafe but Leeds are confident that another club in Spain or elsewhere will take him.

Greuther Fuerth are believed to lack the funds to tie up Yosuke Ideguchi but the Japan international is another who United should be able to recoup money from.

Radrizzani indicated this week, during a seminar at the FT Business of Football summit, that Leeds would make concerted use of their academy again after a term in which the debuts handed out by Bielsa to Under-23 players ran close to double figures.

But the challenge over the next three months will be to give their head coach the additional depth and extra strands of quality and nous which were lacking in the decisive moments this season.

Radrizzani cut to the chase by talking of “a difficult summer in terms of the transfer market” and it is likely to be one of those; a balancing act at a club who pay close attention to the numbers, while hoping Bielsa can turn third place in the Championship into second or first.
MOT1964
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter
 
Posts: 1337
Joined: 29 Jan 2011, 00:04

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Postby Polkadot » 24 May 2019, 12:04

Daz5 wrote:Star newspaper has us intrested in Delph from city for 15 MIL !

Not happening

BUT

If we got to choose: Sell Clarke for 15m and buy Delph for 15m, would we do that? Signing Delph would be absolutely amazing, he would tear this league apart, but his wages would probalby blow our budget?
Polkadot
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach
 
Posts: 97
Joined: 13 Sep 2016, 11:22

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Postby DominanceUK » 24 May 2019, 14:47

Polkadot wrote:
Daz5 wrote:Star newspaper has us intrested in Delph from city for 15 MIL !

Not happening

BUT

If we got to choose: Sell Clarke for 15m and buy Delph for 15m, would we do that? Signing Delph would be absolutely amazing, he would tear this league apart, but his wages would probalby blow our budget?


He's injury prone so it's a definite no from me. Is he better than KP in the holding position? Not IMO.
DominanceUK
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: 11 Aug 2014, 16:33

PreviousNext

Return to LUFC TALK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Another Northern Soul and 7 guests