2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Postby Leicester White » 17 Jul 2020, 06:28

corkleedsmot wrote:It is hard to know what happens with White if we go up either way. I hope we all get everything we want this xmas :) I think it will come down to what the player wants really.
What is the chance money falls out of the sky and leeds have an extra bullseye for transfers? :D
I hope they have investment lined up and are just keeping it quiet
Rio Ferdinand taught me to never be too attached to fancy centre halves :lolno:


Financially Rio was a great investment. He also did well in the short time he was at ER.

Gary Mac from Motherwell when we last won promotion to the top flight ... appreciate the Scottish league was stronger back then.
Leicester White
George Graham's Crombie cleaner
 
Posts: 320
Joined: 05 Mar 2017, 18:14

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Postby Selby White » 17 Jul 2020, 07:02

Leicester White wrote:
corkleedsmot wrote:It is hard to know what happens with White if we go up either way. I hope we all get everything we want this xmas :) I think it will come down to what the player wants really.
What is the chance money falls out of the sky and leeds have an extra bullseye for transfers? :D
I hope they have investment lined up and are just keeping it quiet
Rio Ferdinand taught me to never be too attached to fancy centre halves :lolno:


Financially Rio was a great investment. He also did well in the short time he was at ER.

Gary Mac from Motherwell when we last won promotion to the top flight ... appreciate the Scottish league was stronger back then.


We bought Gary Mac from Leicester, think they got him from Motherwell.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
User avatar
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 12683
Joined: 25 Mar 2012, 11:32

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Postby Mr Russell » 17 Jul 2020, 07:17

Selby White wrote:
Leicester White wrote:
corkleedsmot wrote:It is hard to know what happens with White if we go up either way. I hope we all get everything we want this xmas :) I think it will come down to what the player wants really.
What is the chance money falls out of the sky and leeds have an extra bullseye for transfers? :D
I hope they have investment lined up and are just keeping it quiet
Rio Ferdinand taught me to never be too attached to fancy centre halves :lolno:


Financially Rio was a great investment. He also did well in the short time he was at ER.

Gary Mac from Motherwell when we last won promotion to the top flight ... appreciate the Scottish league was stronger back then.


We bought Gary Mac from Leicester, think they got him from Motherwell.


Correct. He even scored against us at Elland Road in the penultimate game of the season in 1989/90.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
User avatar
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 5981
Joined: 03 Dec 2009, 03:22
Location: Behind you

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Postby Another Northern Soul » 17 Jul 2020, 07:18

corkleedsmot wrote:If West Brom or Brentford don't go up we should go for Pereira or Benrahma. they can both play front 3 and would fit in perfectly.
I am not that bothered about Ben White, the Argentine we are interested in looks a decent player and with a month or 2 with Bielsa there could be alot of Ben Whites or Kalvin Philips around the place imo.
I rate them both but 30 million is too much for White when we have a coach like Bielsa ?


Been thinking about us signing Pereira ever since we plated WBA. On the day, we kept him quiet but I could tell that there was a lot of mutual respect between him and some of our players, and it def seemed to me that he was confirmed by our management staff as their main danger man. So, if West Brom fail to go up, it really wouldn't surprise me to see us in for him, mate.

But I'm never right with transfers :P
User avatar
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 5897
Joined: 01 Nov 2015, 09:55

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Postby hashtagleedsunited » 17 Jul 2020, 16:08

Yasser Larouci. Thoughts?

The 19-year-old has made two appearances for the Reds in the 2019-20 campaign but is set to move on in search of more regular first-team football
Yasser Larouci is set to leave Liverpool this summer, with Leeds United and Brentford among the clubs interested in signing the young full-back.

The 19-year-old made his Reds debut back in January, and has been part of Jurgen Klopp’s senior training group at Melwood over the past 12 months.

But following lengthy discussions between club and player, it has been decided that Larouci will need to move on in order to secure regular first-team football.
hashtagleedsunited
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor
 
Posts: 196
Joined: 28 Apr 2019, 21:04

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Postby HalifaxWhite » 17 Jul 2020, 16:28

Tell you who I would like us to sign and 1000% fits Bielsas system.

Soucek currently on loan at west ham. Ran more than anyone else in the premier league this year. Midfielder with two attributes we need, height and an eye for goal.
HalifaxWhite
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser
 
Posts: 509
Joined: 14 Aug 2015, 10:35

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Postby corkleedsmot » 17 Jul 2020, 17:10

hashtagleedsunited wrote:Yasser Larouci. Thoughts?

The 19-year-old has made two appearances for the Reds in the 2019-20 campaign but is set to move on in search of more regular first-team football
Yasser Larouci is set to leave Liverpool this summer, with Leeds United and Brentford among the clubs interested in signing the young full-back.

The 19-year-old made his Reds debut back in January, and has been part of Jurgen Klopp’s senior training group at Melwood over the past 12 months.

But following lengthy discussions between club and player, it has been decided that Larouci will need to move on in order to secure regular first-team football.


Super fast and super strong. not crazy technically but good enough. I would def take him. If Brentford are interested in anyone you should just auto buy them because invariably they are huge value for money :D
corkleedsmot
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser
 
Posts: 531
Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 15:04

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Postby corkleedsmot » 17 Jul 2020, 17:14

HalifaxWhite wrote:Tell you who I would like us to sign and 1000% fits Bielsas system.

Soucek currently on loan at west ham. Ran more than anyone else in the premier league this year. Midfielder with two attributes we need, height and an eye for goal.


I'm still gutted with didn't get Bowen in Jan. I am praying WH go down because I hate them anyway but i'd like to see us come in again if they do.

I still think Soucek will make no difference to goals from corner ratio haha but yeah dude has wrecked my head for the last month or so and with my West ham hatred that would point to him doing very well :lol: I do hope they work hard from set pieces though because promoted teams find them very useful and Bielsa system leads to alot of corners.
corkleedsmot
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser
 
Posts: 531
Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 15:04

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Postby lufctrav » 17 Jul 2020, 18:00

If Leeds don't sign White or loan another defender, i can see either Phillips or Ayling be shifted into the middle of defence and a CDM/RB brought in to replace them.
lufctrav
George Graham's Crombie cleaner
 
Posts: 400
Joined: 23 Feb 2011, 11:43

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Postby Saxon » 17 Jul 2020, 18:32

Just going to talk about a right back, even though Luke is doing a stellar job, actually my favourite Leeds player at the moment.
I was watching tons of German football before our football started up, and one player kept coming up as a totally underestimated talent in my mind.
Wolfsburg right back Kevin Mbabu, Swiss national. This young player was actually on the books at Newcastle but they didn't think he would make the grade. This player is the best throw in specialist I have ever seen. Reading runs of his team mates, distance and accuracy. Watched one game, in first half alone 12 consecutive throws to Wolfsburg players who all got clean possession, 3 led to passes into opposition penalty area. He also does the long throw thing into the box as that Stoke player Rory Delap? was doing a few years back. This young player sticks to the team plan,distribution good and crosses are good, right on the 6 yard line. Only weakness I saw is when it's a one on one with opponent running at him with the ball. He has to be taught when to go in for the tackle, when to just put the opponent under pressure and keep him isolated, or when to read and cover an imminent pass, otherwise great young player.
I see his star rising, won't be long before the big boys are looking at him.
Saxon
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor
 
Posts: 132
Joined: 13 Jun 2020, 15:03

Previous

Return to LUFC TALK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests