Radrizzani

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Radrizzani

Post by DominanceUK »

I think you're being harsh, Rigz. Whether it's right or wrong, everybody is entitled to an opinion.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Radz has achieved nothing he’s acquired an asset which is worth marginally more than when he acquired it. Actually in the meantime under mad man Cellino stewardship a team in Italy has been promoted.

I think we would all rather have the squad Radz inherited atm .... as I said at the outset there is no doubting Radz is the best owner we’ve had in years but it’s time for him to step up to the plate an spend money which he hasn’t hither too.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

isrodger wrote:If Radz had funded the club to the max he would have allowed the club to run at a loss of circa £13m a season which he would have written off - he hasn’t - that is indisputable. As regards financial chaos ... the is no danger of that if he finds the club as indicated above, as the club effectively operates at break even.

As regards Cellino what he did was undo a lot of the work Bates did particularly hiving off catering rights etc ... as a result our net revenue increased by £4/5m.
So unless an owner spends £13M per year they isn't showing ambition?

If you look at https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/champio ... bewerb/GB2 we had a net spend of £4m (buying Bamford and douglass and seling viera), but most clubs actually made a profit over the season.Stoke and Forst spend big and look where they ended up. Norwich made £28.94M net profit, Sheff U made £5.13M net profit, and west Brom made £12.52 Net profit. So the idea that successful clubs are running at a net loss in the transfer market isn't running true.
isrodger

Post by isrodger »

Look at their wage bills Norwich had Rhodes on the bench all season .., bugger me of the 113 chances we created in the last 3 games he’d have scored 10 goals !
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

DominanceUK wrote:I think you're being harsh, Rigz. Whether it's right or wrong, everybody is entitled to an opinion.
Absolutely.
That's why I argued mine :D
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

isrodger wrote: Doh ! Read understand and contemplate .... if Radz underwrote the losses it would be break even .... as Morris has done at Derby. Any club is allowed (as was) to lose £39m in 3 seasons, providing the owner injects capital to a similar amount. This gives lufc a competitive advantage against all clubs in the championship bar those on yr1 parachute payments (maybe yr 2 in a big clubs case) anyhow have a good day
No need for that.

I read what you wrote, understood it perfectly well, contemplated my reply and hit "submit" :wtf:

My point was, he's already spent a lot of money.
Maybe he'd rather keep some back in the hope Bielsa could do enough with the players he had rather than splurging what might well have felt to be unnecessary extra funding given our position at Christmas.

A few points about this thread :
- it's all just opinions. I'm not angry or upset, I just feel the need to argue back when the words "indisputable fact" appear at the end of an opinion
- at Christmas, we looked very well placed for the run-in
- at Christmas, nobody was under any illusions that Dan James was the next Ryan Giggs - he was a decent young pro, that's all. By the end of the season, admittedly he'd improved immensely under Potter, but then ..
- hindsight is a wonderful thing, isn't it ?
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

isrodger wrote:Look at their wage bills Norwich had Rhodes on the bench all season .., bugger me of the 113 chances we created in the last 3 games he’d have scored 10 goals !
Of course that suggests every shot on goal is a good chance when in reality the vast majority are punts from distance.
Of course it also assumes every chance falls to the same player. :crazy:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
isrodger

Post by isrodger »

Seems like he might be about to take my advice

https://www.ft.com/content/6e42c740-7f1 ... e435b57a3b

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-socce ... PF?rpc=401&

Perhaps now we’ll be able to pay loan fees in one hit rather than miss out on targets because we try to pay by instalments.
saihtam
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by saihtam »

isrodger wrote:Seems like he might be about to take my advice

https://www.ft.com/content/6e42c740-7f1 ... e435b57a3b

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-socce ... PF?rpc=401&

Perhaps now we’ll be able to pay loan fees in one hit rather than miss out on targets because we try to pay by instalments.
Only if we get some investment even i feel shaky about it. But we sell to Qatar... We might go up with the money pumped in but it is not the Leeds way. I want to up with Radz who cares a bit more about us.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Cut & Paste is invaluable, take my advice and use it kids :P

Qatar's state-backed group and PSG owner in talks for stake in Leeds United: FT

1 Min Read

FILE PHOTO: Qatar's Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani attends the 30th Arab Summit in Tunis, Tunisia March 31, 2019. REUTERS/Zoubeir Souissi

(Reuters) - Qatar Sports Investments, a state-backed body founded by the emir of Qatar, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, is in discussions to buy a stake in English soccer club Leeds United, the Financial Times reported on Saturday, citing people familiar with the talks.

The state-backed group, which owns French club Paris St Germain, was seeking as much as a controlling stake in Leeds United in a deal that would mark Qatar’s entrance to English football, FT reported.

“Qatar Sports Investments will be entering English Football, and Leeds is the club of their choice,” the report quoted a source as having said, adding that Qatar has been looking at entering English football for the last two years.

Leeds United is holding talks with at least six investors, including the Qatar group, according to the report.

Qatar Sports Investments and Leeds United did not return calls for comment on the FT report.