Radrizzani

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Radrizzani

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Nic wrote:A lot of people fell out once the finances were exposed - we went from buying Robbie Fowler for £11M when we didn't need him, to selling him for £6M the following year and also selling Ferdinand, Woodgate and others. The sacking of O'Leary after the Ferdinand sale and bringing in Venables did not stop the further sales, and then we got Peter Reid and sold almost everyone and brought in a lot of free transfers - think a lot of people fell out of love with the club.

I'm not sure if all this talk of "rich arabs" is anything but talk. We have been here before when we ended up with GFH!! Anyone with bottomless pockets of money wanting to buy a club in the UK would surely be looking at PL clubs rather than a Championship club that have been outside the top division for 15 years. It is most likely to be selling a share to bring in funds to avoid big sales this season with the aim of an extra push to succeed next season and the return from the increase value of that share after we go up than a big spender wanting to splash 50M this year on half a new squad.
It's not important but Ferdinand was still here when Vegetables took the job, and he had been promised that Ferdinand wasn't to be sold. He then went through similar farce with Woodgate.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Nic wrote:A lot of people fell out once the finances were exposed - we went from buying Robbie Fowler for £11M when we didn't need him, to selling him for £6M the following year and also selling Ferdinand, Woodgate and others. The sacking of O'Leary after the Ferdinand sale and bringing in Venables did not stop the further sales, and then we got Peter Reid and sold almost everyone and brought in a lot of free transfers - think a lot of people fell out of love with the club.

I'm not sure if all this talk of "rich arabs" is anything but talk. We have been here before when we ended up with GFH!! Anyone with bottomless pockets of money wanting to buy a club in the UK would surely be looking at PL clubs rather than a Championship club that have been outside the top division for 15 years. It is most likely to be selling a share to bring in funds to avoid big sales this season with the aim of an extra push to succeed next season and the return from the increase value of that share after we go up than a big spender wanting to splash 50M this year on half a new squad.
I believe that there is no smoke without fire. What Radz and Bielsa have done this year is highlight what potential we have as a club. For the past 15 years we have been noticed but as fleeting glimpses and with a lot of bad news coming out of the club which resulted in none of the so called mega rich people looking our way. Realistically would you? I know i wouldn't even if it was Leeds United because there was far too much hard work to get through just to purchase the club.

My point here is, Cellino started the ball rolling by stripping down whatever he could to get the club back on a financial stability even if it was with bad taste (my opinion only). He then was able to sell the club at a good profit to Radrizzani who is a far better businessman to take the club further than Cellino ever could. Sometimes i look back and see how our name should have been called Leeds Un-United with all the division between fans for and against owners actions etc. Take this into account when your a super rich family or businessman/woman and you're looking to buying into a club that has great potential. They have been looking our way on hundreds of occasions over the years don't be naive and think they haven't. We were simply unattractive simple as that because of the reasons i have said above.

Leeds United are in my opinion today and in the past 24 months. The biggest and hottest property in the English league system that have been fleetingly looked at but haven't been bought by a mega or super rich billionaire. A club that has such a huge potential for anyone with billions to spend. We're the last of the mega clubs in this country to be bought by a billionaire and let's face it, it will happen sooner rather than later. Radz, Is a rich man worth about 400-450 million although most of that is in assets rather than actual money but he has also got huge potential too but would he want to plough in 50 million? No because he is shrewd and has to be. In footballing terms nowadays he could spend his whole fortune on 2 players and still lose out on promotion. Only big billionaires with a net worth of 5 billion plus could throw 200 million at one player.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

PockWhite wrote:CW always enjoy reading your posts mate, may not always agree with everything you say, but enjoy them nonetheless!
Your above post is top drawer mate! :clap: :clap:
Thank you Sir PW. :thumbup: :thumbup:

If we all agreed on everything said, we would have no reason to call it Leeds United fans forum. I fell out of favor with the forum for awhile on a few occasions but what keeps me coming back is the diversity we have as members even if the initial bond we share is Leeds United football club were different in many respects. I have somewhat grown up with the help of many members on here even with my written English :lol:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

isrodger wrote:
SG90 wrote:How long would it be until academy players are replaced with mercenaries on £100k a week?

Phillips and Clarke are probably on there way shackleton will go next summer.
Or maybe not, none of us know who will or will not be here.
But I'm willing to back money that both Phillips and Clarke won't be sold in the close season.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Selby White wrote:
isrodger wrote:
SG90 wrote:How long would it be until academy players are replaced with mercenaries on £100k a week?

But I'm willing to back money that both Phillips and Clarke won't be sold in the close season.
I agree Selbs. It wouldn't paint a pretty picture to the fans if one or both of them we're sold, even if the money we got from the transfers was used to bring in replacements, given the huge progress that has been made over the last12 months both on and off the pitch.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

CorkWhite wrote:
PockWhite wrote:CW always enjoy reading your posts mate, may not always agree with everything you say, but enjoy them nonetheless!
Your above post is top drawer mate! :clap: :clap:
Thank you Sir PW. :thumbup: :thumbup:

If we all agreed on everything said, we would have no reason to call it Leeds United fans forum. I fell out of favor with the forum for awhile on a few occasions but what keeps me coming back is the diversity we have as members even if the initial bond we share is Leeds United football club were different in many respects. I have somewhat grown up with the help of many members on here even with my written English :lol:
CW, you mean the English wot you wrote. :D

I agree with your point about Radz. He is not wealthy enough for a Premiership owner. Promotion this year would have brought the money and new investors in. If we get an offer from Qatar for next season I think we must take it. We know we need three or four players to give us a chance of automatic promotion and we are talking £40/50 m. Radz doesn't have that sort of money.
I once played against Don Revie.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Selby White wrote:
isrodger wrote:

Even if the Qataris took over, which I sincerely hope not, then we'd still have to sell a key player to balance the books for ffp. That isn't going to go away.

Some of our fans have this delusion that we'd be champions and competing in the Champions League, which isn't going to happen because of ffp and the UCL becoming a closed shop.

These owners are under investigation from UEFA for corruption, so why would anyone want them here?
Sovietmule
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Sovietmule »

I agree with lots that's already been said ... the club is in a much better state than for a long time, Bielsa recruitment was a master stroke etc. and if the wind had banked or veered in a different direction just a couple of times during the last season we would have been promoted. Then the following season it's entirely possible we would have been relegated.

Some have said it's not all about money and I agree but, if you can't compete financially then I think you're stuffed. Radz has come along and put his money in, that's his money, his family's money, money he could have spent on/invested in something else. It's not unreasonable to think he thought he could make some money out of his investment, why shouldn't he? I contend that we should applaud him for that.

To berate him for not spending more, risking more of his own hard-earned is, I feel, harsh. Maybe there were mistakes in the transfer market but if you're looking for perfection then football ain't the place to look. On the positive side he's brought in one of the most influential coaches in the history of the game - hopefully he'll stay next season (and beyond) and it'll be as exciting as last season was.

Truth is though, Radz hasn't got the financial muscle to compete with the PL boys (as was) except for Burnley, Cardiff, Huddersfield only one of which survived last season in the PL.

If it's the PL that's the goal then there is a price to pay.
We're a one-club city and at some point soon we'll look too appealing not to be a billionaire's vanity project.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

SG90 wrote:
Selby White wrote:
isrodger wrote:

Even if the Qataris took over, which I sincerely hope not, then we'd still have to sell a key player to balance the books for ffp. That isn't going to go away.

Some of our fans have this delusion that we'd be champions and competing in the Champions League, which isn't going to happen because of ffp and the UCL becoming a closed shop.

These owners are under investigation from UEFA for corruption, so why would anyone want them here?
If the Qataris buy us we will be in the champions league in 5 seasons. They are serious people who will find a way around FFP as Leicester, wolves and city have done in the past. Bugger me if mr candy crush with relatively limited resources has figured ways round it at Derby, I’m sure a group who bought the World Cup can conjure up a few quid to ensure their ambition is achieved.

First solution - Qatari F.C buy Hernandez for £100m ... job done (I’m being factious)
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

David Anderson
@MirrorAnderson

2m
Andrea Radrizzani is not selling up at Leeds and will remain in charge for next season at least. #lufc