Radrizzani

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Radrizzani

Post by Davycc »

isrodger wrote:
If the Qataris buy us we will be in the champions league in 5 seasons. They are serious people who will find a way around FFP as Leicester, wolves and city have done in the past. Bugger me if mr candy crush with relatively limited resources has figured ways round it at Derby, I’m sure a group who bought the World Cup can conjure up a few quid to ensure their ambition is achieved.

First solution - Qatari F.C buy Hernandez for £100m ... job done (I’m being factious)

Exactly 2 reasons why I'd have my worries about them....We don't need this at Leeds United.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

isrodger wrote:... job done (I’m being factious)
Indisputably factious or did you mean facetious ? :D
Deleted User 728

I would honestly stay down here forever than be bankrolled by arab money.

I hate their culture for the way it treats women, gay people, immigrant slav.. workers and the build-at-any-cost attitude their wealth endows them with.

Did you see the new World Cup stadium test match the other night ?
Enormous blowers at pitch level and loads of other AC units higher up in the ground to keep the temperature inside the bowl at 23'.

How much must that cost to run ?
It's just irresponsible.

Two of the stadia in RSA are in disrepair now while one of the ones used at Brasil 14 is now a bus station.
What the hell are Qatar gonna do with theirs after the tournament ??

I can see why people give up on mainstream football and support local non-league sides instead ..
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

There are many parts of Muslim culture I also hate... but sod it let’s have their money and compete with Man Utd again.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

rigger wrote:I would honestly stay down here forever than be bankrolled by arab money.

I hate their culture for the way it treats women, gay people, immigrant slav.. workers and the build-at-any-cost attitude their wealth endows them with.

Enormous blowers at pitch level and loads of other AC units higher up in the ground to keep the temperature inside the bowl at 23'.

It's just irresponsible.

Two of the stadia in RSA are in disrepair now while one of the ones used at Brasil 14 is now a bus station.

I can see why people give up on mainstream football and support local non-league sides instead ..
Spot on, Rigz. I actually think that clubs lose their identity as a result. It's only a matter of time when clubs become bankrupt as a result. It can't be sustained. Whether it happens in 10 years or 100 years, the inevitable will happen.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

rigger wrote:I would honestly stay down here forever than be bankrolled by arab money.

It's just irresponsible.

Wholly agree with you here rigger.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

As i posted in the 18-19 fl thread about Shaun Harvey's piece about owners and fans which makes sense in my view:-

Football needs "to look at how it treats the owners at some of its clubs" as without them, fans "wouldn't have a club", says departing English Football League chief executive Shaun Harvey.

Harvey said costs across the 72 EFL sides were going up but owners were being "roughed [up] and ridiculed in certain quarters".

"Championship losses are getting bigger," he said.

"We have a business model that relies, just about, on owner funding."

Speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live's Sportsweek, he added: "Those owners are either benevolent, looking after their local clubs who they have supported for many years, or are investing to try to achieve the big prize that Aston Villa and Derby are going to play for this time."

Villa and Derby County will play in the Championship play-off final on Monday in a game Harvey said was worth £170m for whichever team won and was promoted to the Premier League.

The match will be played against the backdrop of football finance expert Kieran Maguire calculating EFL clubs "made a loss of £388m last year" - with only 19 of them making a profit.
Fans v owners in the EFL

This season has seen ownership issues at relegated Championship side Bolton Wanderers, Bury, who were promoted from League Two, and Notts County, who were relegated from League Two.

And Harvey was speaking on the day that League One side Coventry City, who have ongoing issues surrounding their home ground, said they have a "groundshare venue and agreement in place" for next season if they are unable to stay at the Ricoh Arena.

The supporters of Charlton, who play against Sunderland in the League One play-off final on Sunday, and Blackpool, who were put into receivership earlier this year, have also protested against the owners of their clubs.

"The league (EFL), as it stands, will distribute more money to its clubs than ever before at about £230m," said Harvey.

"That will be across all 72 clubs - that's money that we generate and also money that we get through a deal with the Premier League, which does not include parachute payments.

"Yet in the Premier League the top 19 clubs all earned £100m and there was only one club that didn't - and I think they got £97m - so you'll forgive me for saying they all got £100m.

"So, 20 clubs, a minimum of £100m - 72 clubs sharing £230m. And, by the way, that's not done evenly either.

"So, we are reliant on owners and football needs to look at how it treats the owners at some of its clubs.

"Fans not happy about the investment that is going into their club. Trust me, without them [the owners], they wouldn't have a club."
Harvey concern at player wage inflation

Harvey has been EFL chief executive since 2013 and will leave his post next week.

He oversaw a controversial deal for domestic broadcasting rights, which several Championship clubs said left them "gravely concerned".

The unhappy clubs claimed the £595m five-year agreement with Sky Sports, which was signed in November 2018 and represented a 35% increase on the previous contract, had been done without them being fully consulted.

"After six years [in the role], the league does need to have a look at itself and decide how it's going to go forward," said Harvey.

"I think the big challenge is going to be around player wage inflation.

"How do you manage that in such a way that it doesn't take away from the quality of the product that we all want to contribute to?"
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

Player salaries. It seems to me that the problems in football simply come down to that. There is absolutely no need for footballers to be paid what they do. I don't blame the players - who would turn it down? I can even accept the real top players, the ones who achieve success and regularly play champions league and international football, finishing their careers as millionaires. But when mid table second division players are earning half a million plus a year, you know something has gone wrong. A good salary is fine; they're doing something most people can't do and it has huge appeal. But the vast sums they're earning just distort everything from a business viewpoint and it's no wonder so many clubs are struggling and so many fans are up in arms.
Deleted User 728

Costy wrote:Player salaries. It seems to me that the problems in football simply come down to that. There is absolutely no need for footballers to be paid what they do. I don't blame the players - who would turn it down? I can even accept the real top players, the ones who achieve success and regularly play champions league and international football, finishing their careers as millionaires. But when mid table second division players are earning half a million plus a year, you know something has gone wrong. A good salary is fine; they're doing something most people can't do and it has huge appeal. But the vast sums they're earning just distort everything from a business viewpoint and it's no wonder so many clubs are struggling and so many fans are up in arms.
And it can't last.

The Sky business model will blow up at some point.

Honestly, how many of you pay the sub and how many either watch round a friend's place, down the pub or via a stream ?

Think back to when you didn't even know how to stream (some of you still don't !!) and compare that to where we are now, then think forward to a post-Brexit UK market and how do you think the figures will look then ?

The sheik-run clubs will be laughing even harder up their sleeves, while everyone else is going into administration ..
sgt_pooly
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by sgt_pooly »

It's just irresponsible.

Some good points Rigger but it's a bit harsh to club "Arab's" into one pigeon hole. I've worked and lived in the region (previously military) for a number of years and you'd be surprised to how open some of these countries and cultures are. Yes they have their issues, as do many a country, but they're not all as strict as SA, which is what we hear about most of the UK.

I have women friend who drink, smoke, wear what they like. I also have gay friends who are pretty open about it and probably get less ridicule than they would in certain parts of the UK.

On the Qatar money....I actually quite like the yearly struggle in some perverse way and can see peoples point, but, I would love to be a top club again and mix it with the big boys.