Victor Orta & his transfer strategy

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Victor Orta & his transfer strategy

Post by isrodger »

saintjimmy wrote:
Nic wrote:We don't have the money for big signing - say spending £30M on 4-5 players, especially if we didn't go up, do we want to go the way of Bolton? Quality loans looks like to be the way and I think how Bielsa saw Villa etc field a team where half are loanees, probably realising its the way. You would think that such as City would be favourable to loaning to Bielsa over any other manager because they know the product they will get back will be far superior.

We still have to be careful as there is call for Villa to be penalised because they flounted FFP to go up, if we did it you can guarantee it would be different. We may see a FFP check on promotion winners next year anyway to stop it.
That’s the worry nic, we’d get punished as soon as we failed FFP, not sure who’s taking over from Harvey but they may want to set their own stall out at make an example of someone in the near future, be interesting to see what the outcome of Gibson’s beef with Morris over the stadium sale, if nothing then maybe Radz can sell the corner flags to a ‘friend ‘ for £5M a pop .
Given we were fined £200k for not breaching any rules Derby should be fined again for not breaching rules.
There is a major difference in the Morris actually dreamed up an ingenious way to put £40m into DCFC whereas Radz doesn’t have the money.

Regardless quality loans will cost us £2-£3m a pop. I wouldn’t want to sell the likes of Clarke to fund them as conversely if we don’t go up we’re left with less net worth as a club.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

When I mentioned frees being a small risk I didn't mean Casilla but the list of those you had down as failures. Till the last game of the season Kiko had been almost flawless and a definite upgrade on BPF. I'm sure we would make money if we sold him because there'd be clubs in La Liga queuing up to sign a Spanish international ex of Real.

You do seem to know an awful lot about AR's finances. Care to elaborate??
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

Have to say I hope Casilla stays. As you said Rigger, he was definitely and upgrade up until those last few games. Loans are probably the ONLY way to go next season - it's about getting the best and hopefully Bielsa can attract the right ones as he will certainly improve them.
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

How do you know wat money AR has, or is it an assumption because he isn't throwing money around? He has an idea of how to run the club without just bankrolling it. Just look where we are now. His criticism of Derby was not about "not fair we can't afford to do that" but what's right and above board.
saintjimmy
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by saintjimmy »

rigger wrote:When I mentioned frees being a small risk I didn't mean Casilla but the list of those you had down as failures. Till the last game of the season Kiko had been almost flawless and a definite upgrade on BPF. I'm sure we would make money if we sold him because there'd be clubs in La Liga queuing up to sign a Spanish international ex of Real.

I’ve got to be honest rig , for me Kiko is either doing nothing or he’s picking the ball out of the net, if he is an upgrade on BPF he’s only a marginal one everything that is hit his way seemed to go in .
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

saintjimmy wrote:
rigger wrote:When I mentioned frees being a small risk I didn't mean Casilla but the list of those you had down as failures. Till the last game of the season Kiko had been almost flawless and a definite upgrade on BPF. I'm sure we would make money if we sold him because there'd be clubs in La Liga queuing up to sign a Spanish international ex of Real.

I’ve got to be honest rig , for me Kiko is either doing nothing or he’s picking the ball out of the net, if he is an upgrade on BPF he’s only a marginal one everything that is hit his way seemed to go in .
When Bielsa, who we all agree is the best thing to happen to us for years, says we are lucky to have Kiko then I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

He needs to come good next season though, really good for the money we are reportedly paying him.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Barlow Boy wrote:
saintjimmy wrote:

When Bielsa, who we all agree is the best thing to happen to us for years, says we are lucky to have Kiko then I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

He needs to come good next season though, really good for the money we are reportedly paying him.
I saw some fantastic saves last season, but people will only remember the gaffs

Conceded 31 goals in 28 before Casilla played, and 16 goals (including the walked in Villa goal) in 18 games, since. So not a great improvement but you have to remember it's his first time playing in an english league especially considering how combative the championship is.

However I agree we need to see a marked improvement for what we are paying, but I trust in Bielsa and I'm sure plenty of work is being done with the defensive block.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Article on Orta’s chief scouts mission at under 20 World Cup

Leeds United will be in the market for new signings this summer, as they look to mount another promotion push under Marcelo Bielsa, having missed out last month.
The Whites may have to balance the books to comply with Financial Fair Play rules, but scouting continues as they weigh up who they can lure to Elland Road this summer.
In fact, Leeds scout Gaby Ruiz has been posted at the Under-20 World Cup in Poland recently, and he's been able to share his thoughts with FIFA.com.
Ruiz has shared his interest in 15 players, though whether Leeds will actually firm up his love for the raft of talents remains to be seen.
Ruiz admits he's impressed with Milan goalkeeper Alessandro Plizzari, Pescara defender Davide Bettella, Milan defender Raoul Bellanova, and Sassuolo's giant striker Gianluca Scamacca, who have all been featuring for Italy.
Penarol attacker Brian Rodriguez and Liverpool ace Nicolas Acevedo have impressed him for Uruguay, whilst Ecuador duo Alexander Alvarado and Jordan Rezabala, USA pair Alex Mendez and Sebastian Soto, New Zealand left back Liberato Cacace and Colombia's Luis Sinisterra (pictured) and Ivan Angulo are also on his list.
France attackers Amine Gouiri and Moussa Diaby round out the list, with Diaby a particularly interesting name. The 19-year-old attacker needs first-team football, and Ruiz's admission of his interest in him comes just days after PSG owners QSI were linked with a move to buy a stake in Leeds.
The Yorkshire Evening Post noted that QSI's potential involvement may give Leeds access to PSG talents on loan, and Diaby may be one of the names on Leeds' list if such a move goes through, with Ruiz a big fan.
sgt_pooly
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by sgt_pooly »

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with Villa in the prem. They are seemingly over FFP and there's an agreement in place that any penalty applied should take effect no matter what the league.....if the Premiership refuse to implement it, how can any club doing the same in the future be penalised?
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

sgt_pooly wrote:It's going to be interesting to see what happens with Villa in the prem. They are seemingly over FFP and there's an agreement in place that any penalty applied should take effect no matter what the league.....if the Premiership refuse to implement it, how can any club doing the same in the future be penalised?
I read something about this yesterday and what it basically said was that the bigger clubs won't want to push for penalizing a club just promoted to the Premier league as they would feel they are already at a disadvantage trying to get in better players and then taking away either points before a ball has been kicked will further throw them into chaos. A fine on the other hand is probably what Villa would be hoping for because the owner is a billionaire so he can easily write it off.

My point to all of this is, there should be no fines at all, you spend more than you should in any league you should automatically be hit with a points deduction full stop. It should also be done on a level of how far you are gone over the total allowed deficit. If 39 mill over three years is what we have at the moment and your over it by 12 million then a 12 point deduction should be given. No if's or but's. A maximum of 50 points should suffice along with no parachute payment if they get relegated for any team thinking they can out do the rules while other teams are doing their best to stay within the guidelines. That would hurt the team i know but the club is the people who make the decisions for the club and if they are prepared to try and cheat their way to a parachute payment scheme. Any parachute payment which was forthcoming should be divided among the 24 teams of that specific season in the Championship including the bottom three clubs who will be relegated.

I know my thoughts on this may be crude but If we want teams to stick within the rules and have equality towards fairness in the game then maybe the punishments should equally be harsh on those who would easily take advantage. Money is nothing to these big owners, Its points that will hurt them more.