Victor Orta & his transfer strategy

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Victor Orta & his transfer strategy

Post by isrodger »

CorkWhite wrote:
sgt_pooly wrote:It's going to be interesting to see what happens with Villa in the prem. They are seemingly over FFP and there's an agreement in place that any penalty applied should take effect no matter what the league.....if the Premiership refuse to implement it, how can any club doing the same in the future be penalised?
I read something about this yesterday and what it basically said was that the bigger clubs won't want to push for penalizing a club just promoted to the Premier league as they would feel they are already at a disadvantage trying to get in better players and then taking away either points before a ball has been kicked will further throw them into chaos. A fine on the other hand is probably what Villa would be hoping for because the owner is a billionaire so he can easily write it off.

My point to all of this is, there should be no fines at all, you spend more than you should in any league you should automatically be hit with a points deduction full stop. It should also be done on a level of how far you are gone over the total allowed deficit. If 39 mill over three years is what we have at the moment and your over it by 12 million then a 12 point deduction should be given. No if's or but's. A maximum of 50 points should suffice along with no parachute payment if they get relegated for any team thinking they can out do the rules while other teams are doing their best to stay within the guidelines. That would hurt the team i know but the club is the people who make the decisions for the club and if they are prepared to try and cheat their way to a parachute payment scheme. Any parachute payment which was forthcoming should be divided among the 24 teams of that specific season in the Championship including the bottom three clubs who will be relegated.

I know my thoughts on this may be crude but If we want teams to stick within the rules and have equality towards fairness in the game then maybe the punishments should equally be harsh on those who would easily take advantage. Money is nothing to these big owners, Its points that will hurt them more.
I liken FFP to drugs within sport. It either needs enforcing with a rod of iron, with all potential loop holes identified and retrospective action taken for offences outside the spirit of the code of conduct. Or just let forget about it. Let’s see how fast they can go and how high they can jump with some proper gear inside them :D

The Derby sale and lease back will be an interesting test case ... given we were fined £200k for breaking no rule £40m of manufactured revenue should result in at least a £4m fine to be centrally distributed ?
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

I would prefer to see 40 million over being 40 million being redistributed equally among the Lower leagues in some way.

Honestly speaking many clubs are on the verge of non existence because of these so called money rich clubs who have connected with Sky since the premiership was formed and the rest have suffered. I completely understand how it it works and although i advocate in some ways how the English Premiership works it shouldn't ever have been allowed to be a separate entity from the other leagues ever. The money men at the FA allowed it to be sold to easily and left the rest rotting.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

isrodger wrote:
CorkWhite wrote:
sgt_pooly wrote:It's going to be interesting to see what happens with Villa in the prem. They are seemingly over FFP and there's an agreement in place that any penalty applied should take effect no matter what the league.....if the Premiership refuse to implement it, how can any club doing the same in the future be penalised?
I read something about this yesterday and what it basically said was that the bigger clubs won't want to push for penalizing a club just promoted to the Premier league as they would feel they are already at a disadvantage trying to get in better players and then taking away either points before a ball has been kicked will further throw them into chaos. A fine on the other hand is probably what Villa would be hoping for because the owner is a billionaire so he can easily write it off.

My point to all of this is, there should be no fines at all, you spend more than you should in any league you should automatically be hit with a points deduction full stop. It should also be done on a level of how far you are gone over the total allowed deficit. If 39 mill over three years is what we have at the moment and your over it by 12 million then a 12 point deduction should be given. No if's or but's. A maximum of 50 points should suffice along with no parachute payment if they get relegated for any team thinking they can out do the rules while other teams are doing their best to stay within the guidelines. That would hurt the team i know but the club is the people who make the decisions for the club and if they are prepared to try and cheat their way to a parachute payment scheme. Any parachute payment which was forthcoming should be divided among the 24 teams of that specific season in the Championship including the bottom three clubs who will be relegated.

I know my thoughts on this may be crude but If we want teams to stick within the rules and have equality towards fairness in the game then maybe the punishments should equally be harsh on those who would easily take advantage. Money is nothing to these big owners, Its points that will hurt them more.
I liken FFP to drugs within sport. It either needs enforcing with a rod of iron, with all potential loop holes identified and retrospective action taken for offences outside the spirit of the code of conduct. Or just let forget about it. Let’s see how fast they can go and how high they can jump with some proper gear inside them :D

The Derby sale and lease back will be an interesting test case ... given we were fined £200k for breaking no rule £40m of manufactured revenue should result in at least a £4m fine to be centrally distributed ?
Nothing will happen to Derby. If anything it will be a slight smack on the wrist with a message to all clubs that they mustn't be so naughty :cry:
Keep The Faith / WAL
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

This really is ridiculous. Villa should be stripped of their promotion if they did so only by breaking the rules that everyone else was following. It wouldn't happen in any other sport.
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just looking through the players we class as first team. The following Jansson, Ayling, Roofe, Klich & Hernandez were all Monk signings. The only ‘ first teamers ‘recruited by Orta are Casilla & Douglas, makes you think :roll:
Winner of the Europa League
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Just looking through the players we class as first team. The following Jansson, Ayling, Roofe, Klich & Hernandez were all Monk signings. The only ‘ first teamers recruited by Orta are Casilla & Douglas, makes you think :roll:
It does, pal. Tbh, I think he's been poor in his recruitment.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

isrodger wrote:Possible future acquisitions

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leed ... s-16405457
Some good players i'm sure and in fairness we do seem to have a good knack of getting talented youth in so who knows if we will be at the bidding table for any of them.
lufctrav
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by lufctrav »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Just looking through the players we class as first team. The following Jansson, Ayling, Roofe, Klich & Hernandez were all Monk signings. The only ‘ first teamers ‘recruited by Orta are Casilla & Douglas, makes you think :roll:
Alioski, Saiz (first team before being loaned out with family issues) and Bamford i would also class as first team players.
Was Klich not an Orta signing? Joined June 23. Orta arrived at the end of May and Monk had already left.

I understand your point but it took Roofe 3 seasons to make his mark at Leeds. Many supporters would've happily seen him go for a few mill only 12 months ago.
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

lufctrav wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Just looking through the players we class as first team. The following Jansson, Ayling, Roofe, Klich & Hernandez were all Monk signings. The only ‘ first teamers ‘recruited by Orta are Casilla & Douglas, makes you think :roll:
Alioski, Saiz (first team before being loaned out with family issues) and Bamford i would also class as first team players.
Was Klich not an Orta signing? Joined June 23. Orta arrived at the end of May and Monk had already left.

I understand your point but it took Roofe 3 seasons to make his mark at Leeds. Many supporters would've happily seen him go for a few mill only 12 months ago.
I still would. Roofe is not good enough
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”