QSI interest and potential investment discussion thread

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Do you care who stumps up the money so long as we get it ?

1. No, I don't care. We've been down here too long and I'd willingly sell my soul to the devil if it meant Premiership football.
41%
2. I'm in two minds : I'm sick of being in this division, but I would prefer someone local to own the club.
41%
3. I care very much and am against state-ownership of clubs and the commercial direction all sports are taking, not to mention the human rights angle.
18%

Total votes: 56

Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Re: QSI interest and potential investment discussion thread

Post by Polkadot »

rigger wrote:you must be morally corrupt ...
Most people are.
Or at least most people have a very hypocritical moral. Look at all Arsenal-fans slating Özil for having President Erdogan as his best man at his wedding, while most of the same people don't really care about how they get millions of money from "Visit Rwanda" (Rwandas president Paul Kagame is a big Arsenal-fan but also kind of a dictator in his home country). It's like they don't care about Rwanda because it's good for the club to get money, whilst they do care about Özil and Erdogan because Özil gets a lot of money but plays like number 2s.

I fully understand your point of view rigger, but I don't think you can expect others to be on the same moral high ground. I'm certainly not on your level.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

rigger wrote:So you're hiding behind politicians ?? :wtf:

That's a bizarre way of contradicting yourself.

You're saying you have no ethics, then ?

If you can hide behind the fact that the government "indirectly condones" the state you "wouldn't want .. anywhere near LUFC" then you must be morally corrupt ...
Maybe I am rigger... as morally corrupt as like Khan & Corbyn who Glad hand the king of KSA and Xi Jinping.

Just one thought .... If.... I believe all homosexual acts should be prohibited. I condemn homosexuality, as It clashes with the "natural" order in which God created human beings; It brings destruction of the family and the institutions of marriage and It leads people to ignore God's guidance in other areas of life.

You would quite rightly call me a homophobe.

I in turn might call you an islamaphobe !

Before you say there could be parallels in the above statement with the Catholic Church. The critical difference and the reason you can’t separate religion from the State in Arabic countries is the above thinking is enshrined in those countries laws.
Last edited by isrodger on 10 Jun 2019, 15:45, edited 1 time in total.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Polkadot wrote:
Most people are.
Or at least most people have a very hypocritical moral. Look at all Arsenal-fans slating Özil for having President Erdogan as his best man at his wedding, while most of the same people don't really care about how they get millions of money from "Visit Rwanda" (Rwandas president Paul Kagame is a big Arsenal-fan but also kind of a dictator in his home country). It's like they don't care about Rwanda because it's good for the club to get money, whilst they do care about Özil and Erdogan because Özil gets a lot of money but plays like number 2s.

I fully understand your point of view rigger, but I don't think you can expect others to be on the same moral high ground. I'm certainly not on your level.

Or maybe Radrizzani taking LUFC to Myanmar ! Great moral compass there !
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Polkadot wrote:
Most people are.

Polka, I think you're confusing Arsenal and Germany fans - I've not heard a single Gooner say anything about the Turkish/German identity issue. It was in Bild and other papers over there though and the coverage came through German social media. It may have bled into the disenfranchised Arsenal fans who might latch on to anything to help push him out of the club, but I haven't heard anything directly from English fans of the club.

I know what you mean about all this though and take your point.
I get a lot of crap about it IRL from people - friends and otherwise - but then I've always been that kid to stick his hand up in class if I don't understand something or get involved if I see someone being wronged.
I am an atheist and the only judgement I make on people is whether they're a **** or not - other than that, they can be whatever flavour they want.
My moral code is strict and I've lost friends over it and also family members.
You live once so why waste time on poisonous people ??
Deleted User 728

isrodger wrote:

If you can hide behind the fact that the government "indirectly condones" the state you "wouldn't want .. anywhere near LUFC" then you must be morally corrupt ...
Maybe I am rigger... as morally corrupt as like Khan & Corbyn who Glad hand the king of KSA and Xi Jinping.

Just one thought .... If.... I believe all homosexual acts should be prohibited. I condemn homosexuality, as It clashes with the "natural" order in which God created human beings; It brings destruction of the family and the institutions of marriage and It leads people to ignore God's guidance in other areas of life.

I TJ turn might call you an islamaphobe !

Before you say there could be parallels in the above statement with the Catholic Church. The critical difference and the reason you can’t separate religion from the State in Arabic countries is the above thinking is enshrined in those countries laws.

WHAT ??

Firstly, what does "I TJ" mean ?
Your posts are often really hard to follow for various reasons but that bit I really didn't understand.
Deleted User 728

isrodger wrote:

I TJ turn might call you an islamaphobe !

Okay, so let me get this right.
If I call you a homophobe in your (hopefully pretend) scenario, then by definition I become an Islamophobe ??
Is that what you're saying ??

Why ?
How ?

Oh, and I wasn't even thinking about the Catholic church - I try not to, generally - so I wasn't going to say anything about parallels with them mainly because your point in comparing homophobia doesn't make sense to me anyway :crazy:
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Mods, please shut this down. If a separate thread on the nature of a 'good' or 'bad' owner emerges so be it, but hopefully a new thread would be able to clear the air on this.

I come here for the high-quality, well-informed, open-minded debate about football and LUFC. If I want to have a facile argument about the relationship between Islam and the state and hang around with people making uninformed racist stereotypes I can go to a Stephen Yaxley-Lennon march.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Deleted User 728

Yeah, you're right .. no point in this, is there ?

THREAD LOCKED.