Peacock-Farrell

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Peacock-Farrell

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Our young keeper has said basically if he’s not first choice next year he’ll be leaving us. Thoughts ?
Winner of the Europa League
yorkfan
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Re: Peacock-Farrell

Post by yorkfan »

Put yer toys back in the pram, son, otherwise, see ya! :wave: :wave:
VALLEY BOY
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by VALLEY BOY »

Division 1 starter
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Its in the Transfer and squad discussion thread.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

It's likely that Casilla will leave and a new goalkeeper will come in, probably on loan. So it is entirely possible that Peacock-Farrell could eventually end up a starter again. However, just demanding to start when mistake-prone and clearly a weakness in the defence is just ridiculous. If he wants to start again, he needs to work hard and improve, rather than making demands without justification. Otherwise, maybe loan him out and keep Huffer as 2nd choice.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Sorry can't blame the young lad. He's 22 featured regularly last season until he had a bit of a stutter. Then Kiko arrived and replaced him only to stutter himself and now looks like he may be on his way. He says he wants to play and not just pick up his money warming his backside on a bench and fair play to him. It's getting to the time in his career where he needs to be playing. Yes if he's not in MB's plans then I'd wish him well and understand his reasons. He'll be another year older and hopefully more confident in commanding his area (his shot stopping was pretty good) if he can sort that out he'd be a good shout.

MB will know and I'll go with that.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Got talking to BPF at the awards dinner, seems a nice lad. I said something along the lines of ‘There is plenty of time for you’ and he said ‘No, I want to be playing regularly now’.

For me, he doesn’t command his area enough, leaving the defenders and him unsure of who’s ball it is (think Kiko and Cooper in the semi final, but without the consequences). There is a video doing the rounds on Twitter, showing numerous shots BPF should have saved, but didn’t, and then he was sent back from a couple of loan spells too.

I won’t be getting too upset if he departs, and will wish him well.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

No player is bigger than the Club and can't demand a place in the team.

However BPF has every right to ask if he is in the managers plans before signing a new contract.
Like Davy says he's a young goalkeeper making his way in the game and its good to see he is ambitious.

If he does get the nod but doesn't perform he should expect to be rested (sounds better than dropped), however if MB tells him he'll start 2nd choice then so be it and he will need to decide if he wants to stay and fight for a place.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

He can go as both Huffer and Miazek look better prospects.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Goalkeeper is such a fickle position. Obviously only one can play, so if BPF wants a guaranteed starting place, he may well need to drop a level - either lower Championship side, or a division. I know he didn't mention any team/level, but don't see how any team near the top of Championship could guarantee him the no.1 jersey.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay