Player (that we knew wouldn't surprise some of us)

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Surprise Standout player

Poll ended at 17 Jul 2019, 13:42

Leif Davis
No votes
AApo Halme
3%
Jamie Shackleton
16%
Alfie McCalmont
3%
Jack Clarke
3%
Mateusz Bogusz
38%
Mallik Wilkslol
3%
Jordan Stevens
3%
Ryan Edmondson
22%
Tom Pearce
No votes
Jordan Stevens
3%
Sam Dalby
No votes
Hugo Diaz
No votes
Oriol Ray
No votes
Pascal Struijk
3%
Robbie Gotts
No votes
Someone else (New selections will be added to the poll)
3%
No one will stand out this season.
No votes

Total votes: 32

isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: 2019-20 Surprise player

Post by isrodger »

Was somewhat surprised Pearce appeared to be overlooked given his England status and performances in 2018, for that reason I suspect Bielsa May have identified Leif Davis as a player with the potential to make a real impact.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

isrodger wrote:Was somewhat surprised Pearce appeared to be overlooked given his England status and performances in 2018, for that reason I suspect Bielsa May have identified Leif Davis as a player with the potential to make a real impact.
Me too its certainly a position we have a lot of players.
MB obviously didn't think he was quite the finished article with the signing of Douglas. Then of course the fact Alioski seems to have taken to that position not sure what's going to happen (can't see us keeping them all).

Not sure he thinks Davies is ready either given the fact he preffered to pick Berardi and Dallas with Douglas and Alioski injured.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Polkadot »

I kind of fear that none of the U23s really have what it takes.

I know it sounds weird, because there is a lot of players that have been playing great football for the u23 team this year, but that is also the reason I’m a little worried. The u23 were a great team this season and maybe that’s why a lot of players looks really good? I’ve only watched a few games but I see people who have watched a lot more still pick 5 different players to be the next big thing. I would think that normally those young players who ends up being Premier Leauge-players are a head above the rest at this level. So my fear is that “they all stand out as great prospects because no one stands out” (if that makes sense).

I hope I’m wrong!
isrodger

Post by isrodger »

Selby White wrote:
isrodger wrote:Was somewhat surprised Pearce appeared to be overlooked given his England status and performances in 2018, for that reason I suspect Bielsa May have identified Leif Davis as a player with the potential to make a real impact.
Me too its certainly a position we have a lot of players.
MB obviously didn't think he was quite the finished article with the signing of Douglas. Then of course the fact Alioski seems to have taken to that position not sure what's going to happen (can't see us keeping them all).

Not sure he thinks Davies is ready either given the fact he preffered to pick Berardi and Dallas with Douglas and Alioski injured.
I think he Davies got injured, but Douglas and Alioski were class in that position on occasions, that said they could leave us exposed defensively. I would certainly like to see Dallas offloaded to make room for a quality wing acquisition plus the likes of Clarke and Wilks
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Polkadot »

So, it will not be Hugo Diaz.
ChilwellWhite

Post by ChilwellWhite »

I’ve gone for Ryan Edmonson think he has a big future
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

The title is a misnomer, can't be a surprise player if people are expecting someone to do well. Maybe next rough diamond to shine or who will the the outstanding player ....
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

This could be the season we see Ryan Edmonson make his breakthrough into the first team. He’s done himself no harm with the U23’s last season.
Winner of the Europa League
PC71
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Re: Player (that we knew wouldn't surprise some of us)

Post by PC71 »

Think this section is for "Next Most Improved" - I am hoping for a huge season from Tyler Roberts, step up and be the next big thing.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Player (that we knew wouldn't surprise some of us)

Post by SG90 »

I went with Jordan Stevens, especially with Clarke now going. Expect him to be off the bench a lot.