32RED Sign a new 2 year deal

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

32RED Sign a new 2 year deal

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Re: 32RED Sign a new 2 year deal

Post by Leicester White »

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... or-auction ... surely our heroes deserve a better home than Hell, HULL or Halifax! :-)
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Our shirt is sponsored by 32Red,
Our training kit is sponsored by Unibet,
The team line up is sponsored by Ladbrokes.
The league is sponsored by SkyBet.

I BET our first signings of the summer will be Billy Hill & Patrick Power!
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I'd get £365 on it now :D
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Deebo »

Where will it end? The gambling industry's growing hold over football gets stronger and stronger....
Nearly 60% of the clubs in England’s top two divisions will have gambling companies on their shirts this season – nine of 20 in the Premier League and a staggering 17 of 24 teams in the Championship.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ed-betting
Deleted User 728

It'll end when the government decide to put a halt to it, same way they did for tobacco in the early 80s.

The industry itself has a duty of care to its supporters as stakeholders but market forces mean only the odd principled club like Barca or Everton would consider doing anything about it.

Personally, I would hope a different sponsor for second and third kits would bring some kind of a sea change.
If the strip and the sponsor were cool enough to make an alternative shirt a best-seller, it could well force the hand of the clubs themselves in this regard, but I won't hold my breath ..
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

rigger wrote:It'll end when the government decide to put a halt to it, same way they did for tobacco in the early 80s.

The industry itself has a duty of care to its supporters as stakeholders but market forces mean only the odd principled club like Barca or Everton would consider doing anything about it.

Personally, I would hope a different sponsor for second and third kits would bring some kind of a sea change.
If the strip and the sponsor were cool enough to make an alternative shirt a best-seller, it could well force the hand of the clubs themselves in this regard, but I won't hold my breath ..
But we have no idea when that would be. With the gov't happy with self policing of these industries I can't see it happening soon.

From https://www.scoreandchange.com/overview ... -sponsors/ nine PL teams have sponsors from the gambling industry, ... including Everton. Four from financial industry, two airlines, two automotive, one each from tourism, duty free and telecoms.
Deleted User 728

Like I said : market forces.

The reason these companies are on the shirts is because they pay the most money.

Two things in the world will change that for the clubs :
- Legislation across the board
- A decision from within one such club

There's no point moaning about it.
It's like me hating Brexit and still hoping we won't actually leave the EU.
I can wish and hope but ...