Radz bashing

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Radz bashing

Post by isrodger »

May be selling out after all....

Le Parisien, confirming Al-Khelaïfi and QSI are buying into Leeds.

"A source close to the record confirms that Qatar is approaching an agreement to buy Leeds."

http://www.leparisien.fr/sports/footbal ... 106873.php
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

isrodger wrote:May be selling out after all....

Le Parisien, confirming Al-Khelaïfi and QSI are buying into Leeds.

"A source close to the record confirms that Qatar is approaching an agreement to buy Leeds."

http://www.leparisien.fr/sports/footbal ... 106873.php
Nothing new that hasn't been reported before, see other threads. Just like last year with the sale to the 49ers a share could be sold to Qatar to fund the push to the PL as AR does not seem to be in a position to push more money into the club. I don't think its disputed that Radz is looking to sell once we go up.

@SG90 There has been lots of debate over our transfer activity under Radz. As you say the policy has been to get unknown youngsters with the idea of developing and selling for a profit. I think it is also the idea that some would develop to be good enough to push for the first team place. Putting them on long contracts does mean that a bigger figure can be asked for especially if they turn out to be very good. So far it looks like they've not had much success into unearthing a star. I can see your frustration because this policy would be okay if it was done in addition to getting players ready to slot into the first team. The reality though is we don't have an owner who will continue to sink in tens of millions into the club, and it is still a work in progress. I do believe Bamford will come good this season, we do have a history of getting new strikers who take a season or so to bed in. Obviously I would like another striker as Bamford is more a no.10 than a goal poaching no.9 target man.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

As the new season beckons, I guess most of us are anxiously waiting for the big kick off. I am one of them but as far as I am concerned we start with a clean slate. By that I mean the very good season we had in 2018/19 counts for nothing. The same applies to Marcelo Bielsa and especially the subject matter of this conversation Andrea Radrizzani.

A good or decent start to the season and people will start looking forward to the January transfer window and dreaming even further than that. A dodgy start will mean perhaps a bit of patience with MC but AR is not going to get the benefit of any doubt; the long knives will be out from the supporters particularly as ?this will be year 3 of ARs three year project. We look as if we are going into the new season with substantially the same players - AGAIN.
Keep The Faith / WAL
johnnysmiles
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by johnnysmiles »

Just read through this thread and, to be fair, I can see both sides.

Yes, Radrizzani is doing a good job... particularly on the commercial side... and although we are the biggest club in the Championship, the playing field has shifted, because despite that, we're far from being the richest due to lack of parachute payments and our owner is not wealthy.

I'm encouraged by Birmingham having points deducted for falling foul of FFP, and I think this will level the playing field and make for a better Championship. Even the parachute payments advantage is counterbalanced by having players like Jack Rodwell at Sunderland on massive contracts but refusing to move and not motivated to play in the Championship... so there's grounds for optimism on that front...

I also think that the appointment of Bielsa was a masterstroke as it meant we didn't have to blow our budget on top class players when we had a manager who could turn previously average players... Phillips, Roofe, Klich etc. into diamonds... and raise the value of these "assets".

HOWEVER, on the other hand, let's not kid ourselves that Radrizzani is doing this for our benefit... he's reluctant to sell any more shares of the club which could potentially give us a better shot at promotion as this would eat into his profit when he wants to sell the club once in the premier league... It's not like he's a lifelong Leeds fan...

To use your analogy, Rigger, Radrizzani has bought a "doer upper.".. Remember how it all came about? He met Kennny Dalglish at some lunch or another and said he wanted to buy a football club and Kenny suggested Leeds.

So it's not like he's doing it for the love of the house... he wants to make money on the house... but he's a smart guy, and he understands football so he knows that he needs the fans on board... that's the only difference between him and Cellino and GFH and Bates... he's just a bit better with PR & marketing and running a professional football club... but his motivation is the same as the others. And by the way, credit where credit's due, Cellino can take more credit for sorting the finances out than Radrizzani.... as hard as that is to say!

So all in all I'm ok with Radrizzani, but I'd rather have a super wealthy owner... and I know that super-wealthy businessmen usually have a super dodgy side to them, but, hey, we've god an owner with a dodgy side (Burma anyone?) but who's not super-wealthy!

Radrizzani's not doing it for the love of the house.... he's doing it for the profit he can make when he sells the house.