Radz bashing

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 728

Re: Radz bashing

Post by Deleted User 728 »

isrodger wrote: ... and as yet we are still to witness a real turnaround
Absolute BS.
The structure and status of the club now compared to when Cellino stripped it is night and day.
The academy is as it always was in fine fettle.
Is that the same academy that your beloved Cellino all but shut down ?

You're talking kuk as usual, ISR.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

PhoenixUnited wrote:
SG90 wrote:The issue for me is when people praise Radz for sorting the finances out, when it's the opposite. In 16/17, we had 60% of turnover on wages and made a £1m profit. In two years the wage bill has risen to near 100% of turnover and made a loss of £15m. We have also spent £40m on recruitment, yet the players from 16/17 were the key players in this team. Yet whenever I mention this, I'm shot down.

Yes he done some good, Bielsa, signing u23s, but far more bad than good imo. Raising the wage bill, bad recruitment, Heckingbottom, Myanmar, new badge, failing to get promotion when we were top in January. The stadium isn't owned by the club as he originally claimed either.

He gets away with a lot due to not being Bates, Cellino or GFH imo, but he needs to do far more than that to earn praise.
The issue is balancing the books and still progressing and growing. If we had the likes of Bates, Cellino and GFH we would be in deep doo do and scratching around for free transfers, loans and players that should never be seen in a LUFC shirt?

We are not out of the financial mire and care is needed. Rather Radz than the previous incumbents I say. I don't want him to take us where Ridsdale did thanks
At the end of the day, we've raised over £40m from selling Wood, Taylor, Vieira and Clarke, so if we're still losing money doesn't that indicate gross mismanagement?

If we're so poor, as I keep hearing, then why is Orta allowed to keep spending so much money without results?

Spending £40m in two seasons and not getting promotion is failure.
lufctrav
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by lufctrav »

We all want to see Leeds United get promoted but the notion that the club belongs there because of it's history is misguided imo. We are what we currently are - a big Championship club who has spent more time in the third tier than the first since peaking in a CL semi final.

The club doesn't have the security of parachute payments that recently relegated clubs do yet we are currently in the promotion conversation under the guidance of AR and have been involved at some point each season of his reign.

This isn't FM where AR can start over if it all goes tits up, he has money invested in the club that fluctuates in value with every decision he makes.

Anyone who believes the club is weaker under his watch needs to look again. We own ER again, the academy is thriving and we have a world renowned manager - all things we haven't had since the CL days.

Selling players to balance the books is nothing unusual in world football. Very few clubs are in a position where they can buy without selling, even in the top 6 of England.

We all want to see the club gain promotion and it is frustrating to see 'smaller' clubs like Stoke and Huddersfield get deals done while we're looking more like selling but we haven't had a recent influx of Sky money that other clubs have, yet we are still expected to compete against them for players and results. That is the sad reality of second tier football today.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

SG90 wrote:
PhoenixUnited wrote:
SG90 wrote:The issue for me is when people praise Radz for sorting the finances out, when it's the opposite. In 16/17, we had 60% of turnover on wages and made a £1m profit. In two years the wage bill has risen to near 100% of turnover and made a loss of £15m. We have also spent £40m on recruitment, yet the players from 16/17 were the key players in this team. Yet whenever I mention this, I'm shot down.

Yes he done some good, Bielsa, signing u23s, but far more bad than good imo. Raising the wage bill, bad recruitment, Heckingbottom, Myanmar, new badge, failing to get promotion when we were top in January. The stadium isn't owned by the club as he originally claimed either.

He gets away with a lot due to not being Bates, Cellino or GFH imo, but he needs to do far more than that to earn praise.
The issue is balancing the books and still progressing and growing. If we had the likes of Bates, Cellino and GFH we would be in deep doo do and scratching around for free transfers, loans and players that should never be seen in a LUFC shirt?

We are not out of the financial mire and care is needed. Rather Radz than the previous incumbents I say. I don't want him to take us where Ridsdale did thanks
At the end of the day, we've raised over £40m from selling Wood, Taylor, Vieira and Clarke, so if we're still losing money doesn't that indicate gross mismanagement?

If we're so poor, as I keep hearing, then why is Orta allowed to keep spending so much money without results?

Spending £40m in two seasons and not getting promotion is failure.
To get promotion there is a need for a whole range of things to come together to give a Perfect Storm. Like a player or two emerging from the ranks, a striker that scores for fun, a rock solid defence, goals flying in from all angles and from practically all the players, a settled squad, few injuries, a Head Coach who knows what he is doing and getting the best out of players mentally and physically, luck, making the right choices in player recruitment and sales etc., etc. Simply chucking a shed load of money does not mean we go up. Slowly building and growing a team would be the sensible thing to be doing IMHO

I wonder how much Norwich spent last season - I suspect not a lot - but they had a lot of the elements in a Perfect Storm.
Keep The Faith / WAL
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

rigger wrote:
isrodger wrote: ... and as yet we are still to witness a real turnaround
Absolute BS.
The structure and status of the club now compared to when Cellino stripped it is night and day.
The academy is as it always was in fine fettle.
Is that the same academy that your beloved Cellino all but shut down ?

You're talking kuk as usual, ISR.
The status of the club is exactly the same we’re a championship side, it’s arguable that the first eleven Radz inherited; Monks side, was actually stronger than the present team. Bielsa probably being the difference. Our PR is significantly better, financially I’m not sure we are stronger for reasons articulated earlier. Your somewhat naive and ignorant, if you can’t envisage the potential for the capital gain on the acquisition of the ground to benefit nobody other than the beneficial owner Mr Radrizzani.

Have you ever been to TA? Cellino was a big fan of the academy, it is and always has been very productive. Indeed 3 present ‘first teamers’ came through it whilst Cellino “all but closed it down”. The cost cutting at TA I believe you refer to was largely affected players 18 plus. As I said the jury is somewhat out on the under 23s whilst millions have been spent on recruitment, and I personally believe it may be shrewd investment, I am open to the opinion that money might have been better spent directly on first team recruitment. It is ironic that those 3 academy players, BPF, Clarke, Shackleton have overtaken all of those recruits on the path to the first team.

Not for the first time your very quick to dismiss opinions that differ to your own Rigger, I’m no huge fan of Cellino, but do appreciate what he did. Radz took over a club significantly stronger than the one Cellino bought from GFH / Bates with everything mortgaged off and costs running out of control. At first glance it does look much healthier, the structure feels more robust, as I said we will see what Radz legacy is when he sells up in the future.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

If people can refrain from slating others' opinions it would make for a healthier debate IMHO.

I'm a right one for saying this but if you can take the emotion out of it, it feels clearer to me what's going on... and all the above posts for me contain some valid points.

Personally, i think AR has done a very good job so far. In certain respects he has done superbly, in others he has definitely unimpressed. His recruitments have been 'chequered' but then there is Bielsa as manager to counter it all, a fantastic achievement getting him here.

But for me it boils down to the mystery of why AR has progressed so far but then seems to have lost nerve or faith in himself, like he's a poker player with near certain winning hand but lacking the conviction to see it through to win. He's a wealthy man and a successful businessman but we are told that the club needs to sell Clarke for instance.

I don't buy the theory that AR is desperate on keeping within FFP rules, I think his 'restricted' spending is a personal choice. i've no idea why though!
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

The status of the club is exactly the same we’re a championship side
You can have a massive turnaround in a club but remain at the same level.
Are Man City in the same state as Brighton ?

...if you can’t envisage the potential for the capital gain on the acquisition of the ground to benefit nobody other than the beneficial owner Mr Radrizzani.
All owners do that when they look to sell on a business but the fact he owns the club and the ground changes the perspective from a property developer to a businessman controlling all aspects of his business, rather than leaving it in the hands of a third party. It means nothing to me that he owns ER because I "can't envisage" the chance he would do anything other than sell it on to the next owner.

Have you ever been to TA?
What difference does that make ? No, but I'm sure you have or you wouldn't even ask and therefore you feel this makes you feel more entitled to pontificate about it ?
I've never been to space but I love sci-fi.

Not for the first time your very quick to dismiss opinions that differ to your own Rigger
No, I welcome debate. I just get annoyed when you spout the same old, same old, month after month.

I’m no huge fan of Cellino
:lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno:

I've saved this little pearler till the end because for a long time now I've resisted the urge to point out, correct or lampoon the grammar, spelling, punctuation and odd missing word in (or not) your posts, but if you're going to attempt to quote me with this :

Your somewhat naive and ignorant

... at least know your grammar before you're made to look ignorant in doing so.

I think it's in the interests of the forum for us to both ignore each other's posts from now on, ISR.
We're like two hardline politicos standing on our soapboxes shouting at the world .. I can't change you, and you can't change me so why should everyone else suffer from ear-ache ?
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Another Northern Soul wrote:If people can refrain from slating others' opinions it would make for a healthier debate IMHO.

I'm a right one for saying this but if you can take the emotion out of it, it feels clearer to me what's going on... and all the above posts for me contain some valid points.

Personally, i think AR has done a very good job so far. In certain respects he has done superbly, in others he has definitely unimpressed. His recruitments have been 'chequered' but then there is Bielsa as manager to counter it all, a fantastic achievement getting him here.

But for me it boils down to the mystery of why AR has progressed so far but then seems to have lost nerve or faith in himself, like he's a poker player with near certain winning hand but lacking the conviction to see it through to win. He's a wealthy man and a successful businessman but we are told that the club needs to sell Clarke for instance.

I don't buy the theory that AR is desperate on keeping within FFP rules, I think his 'restricted' spending is a personal choice. i've no idea why though!
It must be some personal choice, maybe in the world where things can be won by chucking money at it he wants to show that it can be won without doing that? Of course when we are close to getting a £150M windfall by being promoted and the gamble of investing now would be easily paid back many fold once promoted makes you wonder why it's not done. Is it the lack of liquidity, i.e. AR is portrayed as a wealthy man but does not actually have funds to be able to invest, or the maintaining of the principled stance of being able to succeed without just chucking money at it.

I guess many of us simply want to see us getting players in so that we know that we have a squad that can take us up rather than risking it with a lesser squad that might take us up but opposed by other teams stacking their playing deck to boost their chances.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Another Northern Soul wrote:If people can refrain from slating others' opinions it would make for a healthier debate IMHO.

I honestly think he’s financially stretched pal. If you look at his group companies, they are losing a significant amount of money, accounts are overdue etc. The thing that really galled me was he agreed a deal in January which would have cost the club 30% more in order to have 6 months credit. One would have thought a man of his means could lend the club £5m relatively easily. The one caveat I would add re the Clarke deal, maybe just maybe Bielsa doesn’t rate him, and may just see Stevens as a better long term prospect.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

He's done similar to what the Sheff Weds owner has done tbh. Spent a lot of money on players and given them long contracts, but it hasn't worked out and left us financially in trouble. The only difference is we have a successful academy, so had assests to flog, otherwise we'd be in an embargo right now. The reason we signed so many u23s is so they can be sold at a profit, but I'd rather have the long term benefits of seeing them at LUFC rather than developing them for others and spending the money on second rate replacements.

I don't think we need a billionaire sugar daddy nor do we need to spend £50m, nor do I want to. We just need to get recruitment right and stop overpaying for average players and handing out 4 year deals like confetti. A little bit of sensible planning goes a long way.