NEW KIT !!

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Re: NEW KIT !!

Post by BrighouseWhite »

Thought it may look better without the name & number on the back, but having now also seen a photo of the front with the sponsor's name in pink it's a definite NO :cry: :sick:
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

It’s beach wear. In fairness I’m from an age and of an age where I wouldn’t be seen dead in a football shirt, however I suspect the kids will love it !

It is however marginally better than last years bus seat.
dangermouse
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by dangermouse »

Cheap, tacky and absolutely horrendous. In the Centenary year, a retro style yellow and blue kit is a no brainer. This seems like Radrizzani going on another solo run by trying to introduce some kind of Juventus away top and completely ignoring the heritage of the club just like he did with the badge disaster. Do the hierarchy at the club understand anything about what Leeds United means or what the fans want or do they just not care? PS light blue is a shade of blue and pink is light red and a shade of red. :evil:
Shadwell White
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Shadwell White »

I think they do it on purpose to distract from the fact that we’ve only spent 10bob in the transfer market
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Barlow Boy wrote:The badge on the front doesn’t look right to me, it might just be on the picture and it might be better in the flesh :D
I agree about the badge. The gold doesn't really go with the grey and pink.

Apart from that, I think the new away kit is ok, however I would have preferred something a little more traditional for our centenary season.

I've never really had a problem wearing pink.
SelmaBamaMan
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by SelmaBamaMan »

Barlow Boy wrote:Any thoughts on the pink trim on the new away kit ?
Yeah it blends into that blue to look purple which might be quite magnificent if it creates light streamers while running in the right light --- excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

In 2 minds here, the shirt colours are different, they standout and i can almost say its a really nice shirt but then comes the question "what have these colours have to do with Leeds United?". if these were our colours i'd probably get the shirt but they aren't!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
lufctrav
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by lufctrav »

Agree with the sentiment that it isn't as 'Leeds' as we would like but i actually don't hate it. Would be ideal as a 3rd option imo.
My partner really likes it... something to consider in judgement?
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

I like both the home and away new kits. They are simple and yet attractive to me. They will be sought after many years from now as bigger collectors items due to them being special for the centenary year. So maybe this year i will take the prediction league seriously again to win one of them. :D
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Yep, kinda like the new 2nd strip, but not traditional colours. Still a fan of all yellow - don't break it with blue shorts or socks.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay