York and Guiseley games

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: York and Guiseley games

Post by SiMamu »

After the Jansson departure and the rumours about Phillips and Roofe, I was beginning to feel a bit down about the upcoming season, but last night's game was a very good pickup. Of course the opposition were from the 6th tier, but we showed the qualities of us at our best from last season again, which was encouraging. This team is still the best Leeds United team I've ever seen, and is streets ahead of the teams from Warnock to Heckingbottom. We will still be around the top this season. As good? I don't know yet. The opposition were weaker and we made that clear from our domination, something I can't say has always been the case when previous Leeds sides came up against weaker opponents.

I also don't think that the criticism of Bamford was fair. He got two assists, I believe. He linked up well with those around him and showed some good movement.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
EastYorkie
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by EastYorkie »

rigger wrote:
CorkWhite wrote:I seen someone post on FB that a section of the Leeds fans were giving Bamford some abuse from the stands? Apparently Bamford was within hearing distance when it was happening and he acknowledged them with some disdain.

Why are some of our fans persistent in getting on players backs (if true), this is a pre season friendly and the players shouldn't have to have this done.

They probably feel if he'd put away some of the chances he had in the last three or four matches of the season then we wouldn't have missed out on promotion.

In this black and white age of entitlement, where a scapegoat is hanged from every streetlight every night, it's their right to demand he be the next.
Didn't you see the memo in The Sun ? Or was it the Daily Mail ??

Sad, but true ..
.... the Guardian is the chief proponent of that attitude, I'm afraid to say. Completely miserable rag that has the most miserable outlook on life possible.

Back to football though. We have fans just like all clubs that are pretty clueless and just moan about everyone because their mates do the same. The reasonably fair thing to do, is to give Baford a chance and keep yer trap shut until he proves himself one way or the other.

My take, for what its worth, is that he looked sharper last night and his running style idn't look as awkward as last year when it seemed laboured.

Give the bloke a chance.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Those that moan are not helping their team, encouragement will always get more from a player than criticism.

Getting on a players back only increases pressure.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Starting XI

Peacock-Farrell, Shackleton, White, Davis, Alioski, Bogusz, Phillips, Klich, Stevens, Clarke, Costa
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
mapperleywhite

Post by mapperleywhite »

Sube: Hudson, Huggins, Kamwa, Kenneh, McKInstry

(me neither...)
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
kk white

Post by kk white »

mapperleywhite wrote:Starting XI

Peacock-Farrell, Shackleton, White, Davis, Alioski, Bogusz, Phillips, Klich, Stevens, Clarke, Costa
Nice 2nd 11...
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
EastYorkie
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by EastYorkie »

Obviously a team that hasn't played together before and has new starters and younger players. I think this game will probably be a real test for them but if it all clicks then it will be brilliant to watch. Here' hoping.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

kk_white wrote:
mapperleywhite wrote:Starting XI

Nice 2nd 11...
Bit of pace about that line up :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
kk white

Post by kk white »

Just got LUTV working. 10 mins gone, 1 down...
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
johnnysmiles
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by johnnysmiles »

Anyone else having problems watching the game on LUTV... keeps crashing after 5 seconds