Confused about money and promises

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Confused about money and promises

Post by dlw10 »

isrodger wrote:
Bogdan wrote:
alwaysleeds wrote:
onenorthernsoul wrote:Am hearing this morning that the re4cent interest in BHA's Barnes was genuine but that Haigh blocked the bidding because of no money to fund any deal - YET. As far as I know, Wells was never a target.
Haigh: No money to fund any deal???
Wasn't it him that said that there was funds available for transfers, just some weeks ago?
You're taking things too ad literam. Have you read this article? http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-6376046

As far as I can tell and Phil Hay is suggesting on Twitter too, Haigh represents the consortium more than it represents GFH now, and the decision to block the transfer was taken above him.
Question - has Haigh resigned from GFH ?

The money thing bothers me and I think you may be right ISR - I think that the only delay now must be one of the consortium struggling to get the funds to the table or maybe it is tied to some other event to free up the funds. I think this FL approval is total rubbish - and give away by the way Haigh mentioned after he said it was waiting for approval to "it was ready to be submitted to". These things usually come down to the money being ready...a bit like buying a house, nothing moves til the solicitors confirm they have the cash in their control.
Observation - well intentioned or not it's does feel like our new owners are looking down the back of the sofa to pull all the funds together! Or maybe the Arabs are stalling and renegotiating. It's all a bit boring now.
saintjimmy
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by saintjimmy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:There was talk of Haigh wanting to be a conservative politician. Think he would have made a good MP, wouldn't have needed a spin doctor as he is becoming The King of Spin. This whole takeover fiasco is nothing short of laughable and fans are running out of patience. If there is no money at club then bloody well say so instead of all the bullsh*t.
:clap:
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Latest from the OS

Managing director David Haigh has moved to reassure fans that the planned acquisition of a majority shareholding in the club is continuing to move closer.
The club’s MD, who passed the Football League's fit and proper person test for directors in 2012, is joined by Andrew Flowers, managing director of Leeds United’s main sponsor Enterprise Insurance, as part of the consortium Sport Capital which has signed a share purchase agreement with current majority stakeholders GFH Capital.
David Haigh said: “The process has taken longer than we anticipated and we would like to thank the fans for their patience. Since signing the original share acquisition documentation, we have been in continual talks with GFH Capital about the finer details of running the club. This has been an ongoing process, but I’d like to reassure everyone that we are working towards a successful conclusion sooner rather than later.”
GFH Capital confirmed in a statement to the Dubai Stock Exchange this week that an agreement was in place to sell a shareholding to a group of British investors.
Andrew Flowers said: “After a lot of hard work we’re almost ready to complete the deal. We have taken the time to ensure the terms of the deal will be in the best interests of everyone who wants to see Leeds United firmly on course for a long term and sustainable return to the top level of English Football.”
Chairman Salah Nooruddin added: “Everyone is working very hard to bring this to a successful conclusion. Everyone involved has the best interests of the club at heart, and we are all looking forward to the future.”
Winner of the Europa League
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

NottinghamWhite wrote:There was talk of Haigh wanting to be a conservative politician. Think he would have made a good MP, wouldn't have needed a spin doctor as he is becoming The King of Spin. This whole takeover fiasco is nothing short of laughable and fans are running out of patience. If there is no money at club then bloody well say so instead of all the bullsh*t.
Am sure i read that he was no longer wanting to become a conservative MP as he was going to be to busy running LUFC as part of the new consortium.
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:
Am sure i read that he was no longer wanting to become a conservative MP as he was going to be to busy running LUFC as part of the new consortium.
Would you invest large sums of money whilst you didn't technically 'own' the club? Best to judge after the takeover and probably after the summer window.