Confused about money and promises

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 130

Re: Confused about money and promises

Post by Deleted User 130 »

I feel like a messenger being shot here, thanks for covering me Bogdan :lol:
alwaysleeds
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by alwaysleeds »

Bogdan wrote:
alwaysleeds wrote:
onenorthernsoul wrote:Am hearing this morning that the re4cent interest in BHA's Barnes was genuine but that Haigh blocked the bidding because of no money to fund any deal - YET. As far as I know, Wells was never a target.
Haigh: No money to fund any deal???
Wasn't it him that said that there was funds available for transfers, just some weeks ago?
You're taking things too ad literam. Have you read this article? http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-6376046

As far as I can tell and Phil Hay is suggesting on Twitter too, Haigh represents the consortium more than it represents GFH now, and the decision to block the transfer was taken above him.
I've read it, and it makes me more confused.
alwaysleeds

Post by alwaysleeds »

onenorthernsoul wrote:I feel like a messenger being shot here, thanks for covering me Bogdan :lol:
Shall I load my own gun now? :lol:
alwaysleeds

Post by alwaysleeds »

Bogdan wrote:
alwaysleeds wrote:Nahki Wells, a target or not - I don't think that's the main thing here.
You brought it up as one of the arguments, by saying Huddersfield "moved quicker than us, what does this say?". It only says something, IF we were interested in signing him, but were outbid or outmaneuvered by Huddersfield in doing this deal. If not, then it (that single argument, not anything else) doesn't say anything about our ability to do business. That's the point.
But he's not the only player they've bought, is he?
Perhaps I'm too impatient, but I still wait for the signs that has been said earlier... :angel:
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by SMorientes »

Bogdan wrote: outmaneuvered
American spelling mate. The English version is far more convoluted: outmanoeuvred :geek:

Sorry to interrupt, feel free to resume the actual discussion :D
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

SMorientes wrote:
Sorry to interrupt, feel free to resume the actual discussion :D
Don't, I'd rather read about spelling than Nahki Wells.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Bogdan wrote:
alwaysleeds wrote:
onenorthernsoul wrote:Am hearing this morning that the re4cent interest in BHA's Barnes was genuine but that Haigh blocked the bidding because of no money to fund any deal - YET. As far as I know, Wells was never a target.
Haigh: No money to fund any deal???
Wasn't it him that said that there was funds available for transfers, just some weeks ago?
You're taking things too ad literam. Have you read this article? http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-6376046

As far as I can tell and Phil Hay is suggesting on Twitter too, Haigh represents the consortium more than it represents GFH now, and the decision to block the transfer was taken above him.
Question - has Haigh resigned from GFH ?

Observation - well intentioned or not it's does feel like our new owners are looking down the back of the sofa to pull all the funds together! Or maybe the Arabs are stalling and renegotiating. It's all a bit boring now.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

Could be as simple as BMs job is on the line. He doesn't appear to have much authority around the place - he hasn't got much right this season - wrong captain, odd use of Ross, odd use of new wingers, poor football etc and of course some shocking results.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

There was talk of Haigh wanting to be a conservative politician. Think he would have made a good MP, wouldn't have needed a spin doctor as he is becoming The King of Spin. This whole takeover fiasco is nothing short of laughable and fans are running out of patience. If there is no money at club then bloody well say so instead of all the bullsh*t.
Winner of the Europa League
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:There was talk of Haigh wanting to be a conservative politician. Think he would have made a good MP, wouldn't have needed a spin doctor as he is becoming The King of Spin. This whole takeover fiasco is nothing short of laughable and fans are running out of patience. If there is no money at club then bloody well say so instead of all the bullsh*t.
Still is as far I am aware - is likely to be chosen to stand for Northampton in 2015