Ross McCormack named captain

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Ross McCormack named captain

Post by SiMamu »

Leonickroberts wrote:
Mellor wrote:In addition to the usual conundrum of Ross (has to play in a 2 which makes team selection/formation difficult) he has introduced one of his own making (I may have this wrong). Unless I'm mistaken Stewart plays left wing and Kebe prefers to play left wing (right footer, cutting in). I'm looking forward to seeing BMs solution tomorrow and hoping it involves one of our two new signings playing up front with Ross. I believe both can?
Kebe's a left-footed right-winger, and Stewart's a right-footed left-winger. I know less about Cameron Stewart, but i can imagine Ross would flourish playing off him up front, so I'd much rather see four at the back and Stewart with space to use his pace down the left. Similarly, if there's one thing Kebe isn't it's a striker - he's often caught offside, and as we saw from his debut he spends a lot of time falling over - putting him up against solid centre-backs would take him out of the game completely.
Are we talking about Kebe or Varney? ;)
Kebe's a right winger, not a left winger. Not sure what footed he is but he definitely tends to play on the right, not left.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Kebe most definitely spent an awful lot of time falling over on Saturday. In fact I have already nick-named him Bambi!
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

dlw10 wrote:Kebe most definitely spent an awful lot of time falling over on Saturday. In fact I have already nick-named him Bambi!
He'll come good, but we shouldn't expect consistency from him. He's no Max Gradel - he'll be unplayable one game in five, which'll put pressure on Stewart to perform for the other four.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Kebe, with McCormack and Mowatt to a lesser extent, were the only ones who at least looked like they actually weren't scared of a football and could control it
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

SiMamu wrote:
Leonickroberts wrote:
Mellor wrote:In addition to the usual conundrum of Ross (has to play in a 2 which makes team selection/formation difficult) he has introduced one of his own making (I may have this wrong). Unless I'm mistaken Stewart plays left wing and Kebe prefers to play left wing (right footer, cutting in). I'm looking forward to seeing BMs solution tomorrow and hoping it involves one of our two new signings playing up front with Ross. I believe both can?
Kebe's a left-footed right-winger, and Stewart's a right-footed left-winger. I know less about Cameron Stewart, but i can imagine Ross would flourish playing off him up front, so I'd much rather see four at the back and Stewart with space to use his pace down the left. Similarly, if there's one thing Kebe isn't it's a striker - he's often caught offside, and as we saw from his debut he spends a lot of time falling over - putting him up against solid centre-backs would take him out of the game completely.
Are we talking about Kebe or Varney? ;)
Kebe's a right winger, not a left winger. Not sure what footed he is but he definitely tends to play on the right, not left.
Is the Reading fan wrong then when he says Kebe is at his best playing on the left even though he's right footed? I have no idea. I pay no attention to other clubs and I can't remember what the heck Kebe did when he played at ER beyond a feeling that he's quick and erratic. Quick, for us, is great news. Erratic is common place.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Green Boi
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Green Boi »

He deserve, I think.
So... there is a football! Let's play.
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

The only thing I remember about kebe from his reading days was in a bad tempered game against west ham he received the ball, put his foot on it and started pulling his socks up. Very arrogant and pointless thing to do. If I remember rightly noble clattered him and got sent off. An understandable reaction to an unimpressive action.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Sheepy wrote:
1964white wrote:
Sheepy wrote:Austin has not been great, but jeez, lets not get too dramatic, to say he is the worst Leeds captain ever is not only harsh but wildly inaccurate.

Kevin Nicholls and Mark Aizlewood were much worse.
Not being dramatic

Some of our fans overate our current bunch of players, Austin is a woeful footballer & one of the main reasons we are performing so poor. He is suppose to be part of the spine of our team, unfortunately Rudi doesn't do the job expected of him, totally ineffective !
Sorry but it sounds dramatic to me, every footballer goes through a spell of bad form and Austen has not become a bad footballer overnight, he has asked for his responsibility as captain to be taken off him and that itself takes some doing. Its not easy to admit failure, but fair play to him, he has done and now he can concentrate on his own game.

And as for worst captain ever, if you think his stint as captain is worse than someone who climbed the perimeter fences and stuck two fingers up the kop or the captain that asked to leave the club during a relegation battle, then I think you're being not only harsh but very unfair.
Sorry Sheepy I have never considered Austin as a good footballer since we signed him, only my opinion & i'll say no more on the subject as my comments obviously come across as unfair & unjust with folk on here !
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Whilst I agree that if a player himself asks to give up the captincy, then it only goes show he wasn't ready for it. Yes Rudi has went off the boil a horse whilst galloping with a blind man onboard could see that. If we can get a player who breaks up the oppositions play(not our own) then I think he could play a part, but he does have to improve. I saw a stat posted herea whileback stating at the time that he had the most completed passes in the championship and we applauded him for that. That to me changed on becoming Captain. lets hope that level of play comes back.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
SMorientes

Post by SMorientes »

Costy wrote:The only thing I remember about kebe from his reading days was in a bad tempered game against west ham he received the ball, put his foot on it and started pulling his socks up. Very arrogant and pointless thing to do. If I remember rightly noble clattered him and got sent off. An understandable reaction to an unimpressive action.
I remember finding that pretty funny
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."