Injuries 2019-2020

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Injuries 2019-2020

Postby NottinghamWhite » 21 Jul 2019, 16:17

He’s the first Kemar Roofe.

Image
User avatar
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin
 
Posts: 23677
Joined: 11 Nov 2009, 10:10

Re: Injuries 2019-2020

Postby johnh » 21 Jul 2019, 17:04

I once played in an FA Amateur Cup game for Yorkshire Amateur against Leytonstone down in London. I injured my ankle and it swelled up like a balloon. On the train journey back to Leeds, I couldn't wear my shoe on my right foot, couldn't get it on. Had treatment on Tuesday and Thursday and played in the league game the following Saturday. Still couldn't get my football boot on so cut a 'v' in the side of the boot which did the trick. Don't think I kicked the ball with my right foot for the whole game but managed to complete 90 minutes - and we won! I think they are too soft these days. :lol:
The ex-Prime Minister has been in our house.
User avatar
johnh
Don Revie's bingo caller
 
Posts: 6376
Joined: 24 Jan 2012, 15:26

Re: Injuries 2019-2020

Postby CorkWhite » 21 Jul 2019, 21:01

johnh wrote:I once played in an FA Amateur Cup game for Yorkshire Amateur against Leytonstone down in London. I injured my ankle and it swelled up like a balloon. On the train journey back to Leeds, I couldn't wear my shoe on my right foot, couldn't get it on. Had treatment on Tuesday and Thursday and played in the league game the following Saturday. Still couldn't get my football boot on so cut a 'v' in the side of the boot which did the trick. Don't think I kicked the ball with my right foot for the whole game but managed to complete 90 minutes - and we won! I think they are too soft these days. :lol:

I always enjoy your stories Johnh. You bring such a wonderful array of color and also humor to the forum.

For us mere mortals, who only understand Leeds United and football in general for the past 10, 20 30. or forty years of our lives you add such an insight as to the thinking and doing of football when it was a proper man's game and how you dealt with things, I really love your experiences as a footballer and as a man who can remember in details about his career in football. Hope that book is coming out soon mate. ANS? where are you mate, we need Johnh's book? :D
Give me a pair of binoculars, a blue bucket and a translator, then i will get you promoted.
User avatar
CorkWhite
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser
 
Posts: 573
Joined: 02 May 2018, 04:43
Location: Southern Philippines

Re: Injuries 2019-2020

Postby Another Northern Soul » 22 Jul 2019, 07:50

CorkWhite wrote:
johnh wrote:I once played in an FA Amateur Cup game for Yorkshire Amateur against Leytonstone down in London. I injured my ankle and it swelled up like a balloon. On the train journey back to Leeds, I couldn't wear my shoe on my right foot, couldn't get it on. Had treatment on Tuesday and Thursday and played in the league game the following Saturday. Still couldn't get my football boot on so cut a 'v' in the side of the boot which did the trick. Don't think I kicked the ball with my right foot for the whole game but managed to complete 90 minutes - and we won! I think they are too soft these days. :lol:

I always enjoy your stories Johnh. You bring such a wonderful array of color and also humor to the forum.

For us mere mortals, who only understand Leeds United and football in general for the past 10, 20 30. or forty years of our lives you add such an insight as to the thinking and doing of football when it was a proper man's game and how you dealt with things, I really love your experiences as a footballer and as a man who can remember in details about his career in football. Hope that book is coming out soon mate. ANS? where are you mate, we need Johnh's book? :D


:lol: Why would I be writing JohnH's book?

Having said that, John was very helpful with one project which is on the backburner at the moment, and I love his stories. That project was/is called 'Carrying Billy' but for various reasons I haven't finished it yet, one of the reasons being that the ex-player it's about is losing his memory badly due to dementia. But it will happen one day and John's already in the credits :D

John, it doesn't feel that long ago to me when playing Sunday morning football with an inch or so of bubble-wrap around my right foot having damaged (possibly breaking) a bone the week before. But in reality it's a decade or so ago. I was an idiot :P
User avatar
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 4957
Joined: 01 Nov 2015, 09:55

Re: Injuries 2019-2020

Postby whitedancer » 22 Jul 2019, 08:03

no surprise, wonder how long before douglas,forshaw,and bamford
join the list :problem:
whitedancer
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier
 
Posts: 419
Joined: 27 Jul 2014, 18:03

Re: Injuries 2019-2020

Postby NottinghamWhite » 04 Aug 2019, 12:15

Read elsewhere that Klich is out for 3 months, knee surgery required.
User avatar
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin
 
Posts: 23677
Joined: 11 Nov 2009, 10:10

Re: Injuries 2019-2020

Postby Daz5 » 04 Aug 2019, 12:44

I thought GOOD at least he wont be sold !
Daz5
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier
 
Posts: 450
Joined: 12 Jul 2015, 10:31

Re: Injuries 2019-2020

Postby isrodger » 04 Aug 2019, 12:51

NottinghamWhite wrote:Read elsewhere that Klich is out for 3 months, knee surgery required.



We have sold his crutches though!
isrodger
Raich Carter's Contract Agent
 
Posts: 3906
Joined: 25 May 2009, 09:57

Re: Injuries 2019-2020

Postby Davycc » 04 Aug 2019, 18:25

looked ok to me today
This is what makes you champions, you never give in, never ever give in..
User avatar
Davycc
Bielsa's English Teacher
 
Posts: 9477
Joined: 03 Aug 2011, 18:09
Location: Wet West Britain

Re: Injuries 2019-2020

Postby SCOTTISH LEEDS » 04 Aug 2019, 19:55

NottinghamWhite wrote:Read elsewhere that Klich is out for 3 months, knee surgery required.


Shot down in flames.

Stick to the tried and trusted media.
User avatar
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché
 
Posts: 4296
Joined: 13 Nov 2013, 18:53
Location: Heckmondwike

Next

Return to LUFC TALK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests