Injuries 2019-2020

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Injuries 2019-2020

Post by NottinghamWhite »

He’s the first Kemar Roofe.

Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: Injuries 2019-2020

Post by johnh »

I once played in an FA Amateur Cup game for Yorkshire Amateur against Leytonstone down in London. I injured my ankle and it swelled up like a balloon. On the train journey back to Leeds, I couldn't wear my shoe on my right foot, couldn't get it on. Had treatment on Tuesday and Thursday and played in the league game the following Saturday. Still couldn't get my football boot on so cut a 'v' in the side of the boot which did the trick. Don't think I kicked the ball with my right foot for the whole game but managed to complete 90 minutes - and we won! I think they are too soft these days. :lol:
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

johnh wrote:I once played in an FA Amateur Cup game for Yorkshire Amateur against Leytonstone down in London. I injured my ankle and it swelled up like a balloon. On the train journey back to Leeds, I couldn't wear my shoe on my right foot, couldn't get it on. Had treatment on Tuesday and Thursday and played in the league game the following Saturday. Still couldn't get my football boot on so cut a 'v' in the side of the boot which did the trick. Don't think I kicked the ball with my right foot for the whole game but managed to complete 90 minutes - and we won! I think they are too soft these days. :lol:
I always enjoy your stories Johnh. You bring such a wonderful array of color and also humor to the forum.

For us mere mortals, who only understand Leeds United and football in general for the past 10, 20 30. or forty years of our lives you add such an insight as to the thinking and doing of football when it was a proper man's game and how you dealt with things, I really love your experiences as a footballer and as a man who can remember in details about his career in football. Hope that book is coming out soon mate. ANS? where are you mate, we need Johnh's book? :D
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

CorkWhite wrote:
johnh wrote:I once played in an FA Amateur Cup game for Yorkshire Amateur against Leytonstone down in London. I injured my ankle and it swelled up like a balloon. On the train journey back to Leeds, I couldn't wear my shoe on my right foot, couldn't get it on. Had treatment on Tuesday and Thursday and played in the league game the following Saturday. Still couldn't get my football boot on so cut a 'v' in the side of the boot which did the trick. Don't think I kicked the ball with my right foot for the whole game but managed to complete 90 minutes - and we won! I think they are too soft these days. :lol:
I always enjoy your stories Johnh. You bring such a wonderful array of color and also humor to the forum.

For us mere mortals, who only understand Leeds United and football in general for the past 10, 20 30. or forty years of our lives you add such an insight as to the thinking and doing of football when it was a proper man's game and how you dealt with things, I really love your experiences as a footballer and as a man who can remember in details about his career in football. Hope that book is coming out soon mate. ANS? where are you mate, we need Johnh's book? :D
:lol: Why would I be writing JohnH's book?

Having said that, John was very helpful with one project which is on the backburner at the moment, and I love his stories. That project was/is called 'Carrying Billy' but for various reasons I haven't finished it yet, one of the reasons being that the ex-player it's about is losing his memory badly due to dementia. But it will happen one day and John's already in the credits :D

John, it doesn't feel that long ago to me when playing Sunday morning football with an inch or so of bubble-wrap around my right foot having damaged (possibly breaking) a bone the week before. But in reality it's a decade or so ago. I was an idiot :P
whitedancer
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by whitedancer »

no surprise, wonder how long before douglas,forshaw,and bamford
join the list :problem:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Read elsewhere that Klich is out for 3 months, knee surgery required.
Winner of the Europa League
Daz5
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Daz5 »

I thought GOOD at least he wont be sold !
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Read elsewhere that Klich is out for 3 months, knee surgery required.

We have sold his crutches though!
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

looked ok to me today
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Read elsewhere that Klich is out for 3 months, knee surgery required.
Shot down in flames.

Stick to the tried and trusted media.