LUTV New commentator announced

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

LUTV New commentator announced

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

LUTV are pleased to reveal Bryn Law will head up the club’s commentary service for the 2019/20 centenary season.

The respected broadcaster has enjoyed a long association with the club, having reported and commentated for BBC Radio Leeds in the 1990’s before spending 20 years at Sky, covering the ups and downs at Elland Road.

Bryn is returning to commentary box at Elland Road for the first time in over 20 years and the experienced broadcaster cannot wait to get going.

He said: “It’s very exciting, it was the 15th August 1998 the last time I commentated on Leeds United, which was a 0-0 draw in the Premier League.

“Obviously it would be fantastic to be part of something that saw the club return to that level, at the end of what we hope will be exciting season.

“We had great times doing the Leeds United commentaries in the past, I did seven years for BBC Radio Leeds, travelled up and down the country and went to Europe to watch the club play.

“I’m looking forward to heading back up on the gantry at Elland Road, I’ve done some massive games here in the past- Leeds United v Manchester United games for instance, where the atmosphere is crackling an hour before kick-off and I felt that again last season.

“The belief in the club seems to have returned and the fans have showed that in the way they back the team.

“The atmosphere around the place is just out of this world, you don’t experience at atmosphere like Elland Road at any other club ground anymore.

“It’s just different, it’s got that old fashioned feel and I’m really looking forward, and hoping, it will the same next season.”

Bryn will form part of the new LUTV match day programme and will be joined by former players in the commentary box home and away starting with the season opener at Bristol City.