The text"ellis" Campaign

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
textellis
Giddy Kipper

The text"ellis" Campaign

Post by textellis »

As a Leicester City supporter, I hope you all don't mind me joining your forum, but there is good reason!

My son suffers from a rare chromosome disorder called MECP2 Duplication Syndrome, which affects many aspects of his development. Recently a breakthrough has been made in research and a cure is now a possibility!

Due to how rare his condition is, there is no funding available from the government, so we are having to raise the money ourselves. As his Daddy, I'm not prepared to sit and do nothing to fight for my little boys future!

This season, along with 2 of Ellis' uncles, I will be cycling to every Leicester City away fixture, promoting a text code and number. Anyone will be able to donate to our cause by simply texting MECP77 followed by £1, £2, £3, £5 or £10 to 70070.

We have completed all 12 away games so far this season, racking up around 1700 miles with visits to Middlesbrough, Derby, Charlton, Blackpool, Yeovil, Doncaster, Watford, Ipswich, Sheffield Wednesday, Brighton, QPR and Millwall.

More information on the challenge and my sons condition can be found at http://www.textellis.com or you can visit my JustGiving page http://www.justgiving.com/textellis. I really hope that some of you would like to donate to the campaign, even if it is just £1 EVERY little helps!

You can follow our progress on Twitter @textellis or "Like" us on Facebook www.facebook.com/textellis

This saturday the whole of the Leicester City team will be warming up before the match wearing text"ellis" t-shirts, which we hope will help raise awareness for the campaign, with the match live on Sky Sports! The response we have received from clubs and supporters so far has been overwhelming, with our current running total, including pledges, standing at over £50,000!

We may support different teams, but sometimes things are that little bit more important in life and I hope we can join together and make the Leeds United leg of my journey a real success!

Richard
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: The text"ellis" Campaign

Post by SMorientes »

You're doing a great thing mate, an original idea too. And you appear to have really got the hang of the fundraising aspect as well, which can be tough and take loads of effort, keep it up :thumbup:
Will send a donation tomorrow when I get to a computer.
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Best wishes mate. Done :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Good luck to you and especially your lad.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

My donation has been sent.

Good luck on your travels.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Good luck mate and welcome to our forum.

Send your lad our best wishes