Take Us Home: Leeds United

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Take Us Home: Leeds United

Postby Aaron » 16 Aug 2019, 10:38

Released now on Amazon Prime. Thought it'd be good to get a thread going to discuss it as I imagine there's going to be a lot of stuff we've not seen or heard of before.

English football’s famous ‘fallen giant’ Leeds United is at the start of a journey: to win promotion back to the Premier League. New owner Andrea Radrizzani has recruited a world-class head coach, Marcelo Bielsa, to lead the team back to the promised land. This will be one of the most dramatic seasons in the club’s history as fans, players and a city start to dream of a return to the top flight.

PM me for links to watch.
Aaron
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: Take Us Home: Leeds United

Postby Barlow Boy » 16 Aug 2019, 11:57

Thanks mate, Episode 1 and I’ve got a lump in my throat already.

Fascinating watch, didn’t know Radrizzani was worth £450M :shock:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Barlow Boy
Don Revie's bingo caller

Postby rigger » 16 Aug 2019, 13:55

Barlow Boy wrote: ... didn’t know Radrizzani was worth £450M

Why did you have to go and say that .. ?

If you thought that post was good, you should check out my interesting and constantly surprising blog: http://paulridgeblog.com/
rigger
LUFCTALK Admin

Postby NottinghamWhite » 16 Aug 2019, 14:20

Just watched the first episode, anyone who thinks Radrizzani has nowt look at his pad in Milan
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Postby johnh » 16 Aug 2019, 14:41

While I wouldn't turn my nose up at £450m, it is not nearly enough for the owner of a Premiership club. Sad but true.
The ex-Prime Minister has been in our house.
johnh
Don Revie's bingo caller

Postby Barlow Boy » 16 Aug 2019, 16:57

rigger wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote: ... didn’t know Radrizzani was worth £450M

Why did you have to go and say that .. ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Barlow Boy
Don Revie's bingo caller

Postby Barlow Boy » 16 Aug 2019, 16:59

Just finished episode 3, which, amongst other things, deals with the Dan James non transfer. If anyone thinks Orta doesn’t care, just watch that one.
Barlow Boy
Don Revie's bingo caller

Postby Nic » 16 Aug 2019, 19:10

watched first episode, trying not to binge watch. Very good so far, though the 450M will probably get people moaning LOL
Nic
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Postby claptonwhite » 16 Aug 2019, 22:26

Just binge watched the lot. Really enjoyed it all apart from the ending!! One bit where Radrizzani, Orta and Kinnear all singing MOT shows the passion they have for the club (even if they don't have mega millions to buy us all the stars we want!). I much prefer the way the club is run now than under all other owners of the last 15 years. Agree with BB re the James transfer. We saw the best football Leeds have played for 15 years and I still can't understand why we fell at the final hurdle. Can't decide whether we bottled it in the Wigan and Brentford games or whether we were just unlucky/cursed. Let's hope there's a second series and we do get to the promised land this time!!
claptonwhite
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Postby Barlow Boy » 16 Aug 2019, 22:42

claptonwhite wrote:Just binge watched the lot. Really enjoyed it all apart from the ending!! One bit where Radrizzani, Orta and Kinnear all singing MOT shows the passion they have for the club (even if they don't have mega millions to buy us all the stars we want!). I much prefer the way the club is run now than under all other owners of the last 15 years. Agree with BB re the James transfer. We saw the best football Leeds have played for 15 years and I still can't understand why we fell at the final hurdle. Can't decide whether we bottled it in the Wigan and Brentford games or whether we were just unlucky/cursed. Let's hope there's a second series and we do get to the promised land this time!!

This :thumbup:
Barlow Boy
Don Revie's bingo caller

Next

Return to LUFC TALK