Take Us Home: Leeds United

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Take Us Home: Leeds United

Post by Nic »

Russell Crowe, Kalvin Phillips’ gran and hope – Leeds documentary has it all (apart from Bielsa)

A review of the first two episodes, quite interesting

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -of-bielsa
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

Even my Mrs who doesn't like football is hooked... we've got through 5 episodes already. Compulsive viewing. Let's and Radz come across very well. MOT
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Part way through the 3rd episode, Orta praying for the James saga to go through but had to leave it there for now.

Laughing at the Russell Crowes voice overs, I'm expecting a Gladiator to come through my screen :lol:

Loving it but not looking forward to the end part!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Mr Russell wrote:Part way through the 3rd episode, Orta praying for the James saga to go through but had to leave it there for now.

Laughing at the Russell Crowes voice overs, I'm expecting a Gladiator to come through my screen :lol:

Don't worry season 2 will be better :D

Having a media mogul as owner does mean these season review videos are a far cry from the ones gone before which were just compilations of matches with music and voice overs done seemingly by a student in their laptop.
saihtam
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by saihtam »

Nic wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:Part way through the 3rd episode, Orta praying for the James saga to go through but had to leave it there for now.

Don't worry season 2 will be better :D

Having a media mogul as owner does mean these season review videos are a far cry from the ones gone before which were just compilations of matches with music and voice overs done seemingly by a student in their laptop.
Are they doing doc for this season also?
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

5 things I've learnt from these programmes:

Victor and Andrea are absolutely dedicated.
Bamford really wants to succeed here.
Negative social media affects the players.
Kalvin Phillips is a lovely lad.

And...

My mate Mike Eccles is a great editor!
Last edited by phil62 on 20 Aug 2019, 01:15, edited 1 time in total.
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

I've also learnt that the Wigan game was where we lost promotion.
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

Loved the part when was Ayling taking the micky out of Bamford after the Villa dive, telling everyone how swollen his eye is :lol: :lol:
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
Wigwam
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by Wigwam »

Just finished watching this and have to say I really enjoyed it. We actually seemed like we are well run and definitely had a feeling of proper club, almost family like. The passion and commitment of the directors really surprised me too. Only things I thought were a bit annoying was some of the music was a bit over sentimental and I didn't care much for Russell Crowe contiunally stating the bleeding obvious.

Let's hope the second season is even better.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I'm about three or four episodes in and I wouldn't use the word "enjoy" to describe how I feel watching it, WW, and I completely agree about Russell Crowe : not only is his commentary "Football For Dummies" he's only telling Leeds fans stuff we've known for ages and who else is going to be watching it ??

It's very stylishly shot and I like some of the stuff behind the scenes like when Kalvin went on daytime TV and made the little girl's day just by giving her a hug : that was a beautiful moment and shows the side of the professional that we don't always see.

The stuff about how nice AR is I found a bit nauseating too : why not just show him at work (as they do) and leave you to make your own conclusions rather than setting up everything he does with a fluffy description ?
I think we glimpsed the real AR - the businessman in a hurry - when there was a round-table with him, Orta and Kinnear and he brought everything to an abrupt halt saying he "has to be somewhere". It clashed a bit with the informal setting, the casual clothes and the very obvious staging of the "chat" between them.

The best insight for me is on Orta : he really does care, I think, and I have a new found respect for him, even if he is a bit overly generous with his manly back-pats. I'm sure Dan James had bruises after the January deadline day.

Oh, and anyone saying he didn't do enough to sign him needs to watch that whole segment because he really couldn't have done much more ..