Jordan Stevens

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Re: Jordan Stevens

Post by HalifaxWhite »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:
SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote:I just think this is all very hypocritical by the EFL.
Nothing to do with the Football league it was the FA that brought the charge and issued the punishment.
I'll help Halifaxwhite out here then - he thinks, like many football fans, that it's all very hypocritical by the FA :angel:
To be honest ANS it doesnt matter if its the FA or the FL we get the same out come from both bodies.
Ha thanks ANS, I don't think SL got your sarcasm there. Basically SL you were being pedantic with no reference to anything else in the post I made just the fact I had put EFL instead of FA. I don't think we need to get pedantic with each other on here do we, if you had said that among other comments I may have just looked over it as a helpful pointer alongside a useful response, but to just say that was just a bit annoying.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:
SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:
Nothing to do with the Football league it was the FA that brought the charge and issued the punishment.
I'll help Halifaxwhite out here then - he thinks, like many football fans, that it's all very hypocritical by the FA :angel:
To be honest ANS it doesnt matter if its the FA or the FL we get the same out come from both bodies.
I'm afraid you're right, mate!
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

HalifaxWhite wrote:
SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:
SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:
Ha thanks ANS, I don't think SL got your sarcasm there. Basically SL you were being pedantic with no reference to anything else in the post I made just the fact I had put EFL instead of FA. I don't think we need to get pedantic with each other on here do we, if you had said that among other comments I may have just looked over it as a helpful pointer alongside a useful response, but to just say that was just a bit annoying.
TBF HW I wasn't being that sarcastic, mainly because I think I'd said it was the EFL as well before :lol:

It did need pointing out and I suppose there's no good way of doing that without it looking a bit picky.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

I think it looks like the conversation has probably run its course. I'd like to draw a line under it with an observation that EFL or FA Hasan incestious thread in their management structures in that people that are the drivers in the decision making lhave a vested or conflict of interest which the powers that be constantly turn a blind eye to. On that basis how justice be done? Best action is to avoid the buggers from having to make a decision
Keep The Faith / WAL
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

PhoenixUnited wrote:I think it looks like the conversation has probably run its course. I'd like to draw a line under it with an observation that EFL or FA Hasan incestious thread in their management structures in that people that are the drivers in the decision making lhave a vested or conflict of interest which the powers that be constantly turn a blind eye to. On that basis how justice be done? Best action is to avoid the buggers from having to make a decision
With total respect Phoenix, saying again that the Club shouldn't give the authorities the chance to target us doesn't finalise or add to the debate regarding justice having being done or not. :thumbup:

Banning a young professional from his job for a few weeks as he has been an idiot for gambling is just a bizarre decision IMHO, and the fact that the game is heavily influenced by gambling companies & their sponsorhip lucre is bloomin' astounding!
PhoenixUnited

Post by PhoenixUnited »

PhoenixUnited wrote:I think it looks like the conversation has probably run its course. I'd like to draw a line under it with an observation that EFL or FA Hasan incestious thread in their management structures in that people that are the drivers in the decision making lhave a vested or conflict of interest which the powers that be constantly turn a blind eye to. On that basis how justice be done? Best action is to avoid the buggers from having to make a decision
With total respect Phoenix, saying again that the Club shouldn't give the authorities the chance to target us doesn't finalise or add to the debate regarding justice having being done or not. :thumbup:

Banning a young professional from his job for a few weeks as he has been an idiot for gambling is just a bizarre decision IMHO, and the fact that the game is heavily influenced by gambling companies & their sponsorhip lucre is bloomin' astounding!
No argument there mate.

Now. Is it time for the Tykes yet? Seems like the wait has been an eternity!

Out of the country just now and can't get the match any which way :( :o
Keep The Faith / WAL
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

PhoenixUnited wrote:

No argument there mate.

:D Just checking that you know it's tomorrow KO at 12.30 GMT.

Just checked - it's on Sky Red button as you probably know but also 'Sport 4' which I think is Israeli.
PhoenixUnited

Post by PhoenixUnited »

PhoenixUnited wrote:

No argument there mate.

:D Just checking that you know it's tomorrow KO at 12.30 GMT.

Just checked - it's on Sky Red button as you probably know but also 'Sport 4' which I think is Israeli.
Thanks Bud. Just saw the last 15 minutes of the Liverpool game with some foreign commentary which actually was better than the drivel on Sky! It's one of these countries that don't get Sky. Should have checked before Booking the holiday. On the other hand all you can eat and drink and 30 degrees of heat as compensation.

Can get BBC on line so will be on beach with IPad :D
Keep The Faith / WAL
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Where are you? No bars you can go to which would be showing our game? If you're in Lanzarote I bet there'd be one or two bars hoping to show the game, for instance.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Another Northern Soul wrote:Where are you? No bars you can go to which would be showing our game? If you're in Lanzarote I bet there'd be one or two bars hoping to show the game, for instance.
He mentions 'foreign commentary' - could be Newcastle.
I once played against Don Revie.