Patrick Bamford

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Patrick Bamford

Post by phil62 »

Okay. Probably a bit controversial but... I think Bielsa is right to stick with him. He works incredibly hard, he has 4 league goals (5 being the top scorer in the division), he has several assists, personally think he is having his best season so far. Why is he being held responsible for our stuttering? Discuss...
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
lufctrav
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Re: Patrick Bamford

Post by lufctrav »

Instead of being in the Ireland picture, he should try to get into the Australian squad. All the great Leeds moments I've witnessed involved Australians.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Because he should have 8 or 9 goals given how many chances he's missed. We'd then be 8pts clear.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

rigger wrote:Because he should have 8 or 9 goals given how many chances he's missed. We'd then be 8pts clear.
Do you get a bonus point if you win all your matches :wtf: two draws and a loss is 7 points dropped as we are top on goal difference only.

I do agree and think Bamford not starting could actually improve his game by reducing the pressure on him. He seems now to try too hard but not get in the right position or shoot when there are better options. He may actually score more goals coming on after 70 minutes when we are 2 or 3 goals up.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Strange thing 4 of the 7 points lost have been after Bamford had been subbed (Swansea winner and Derby stealing a draw). :shh:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Klich blew it yesterday with the missed penalty, which Bamford did well to win in the first place.

I'm satisfied the manager knows what he's doing so I will go along with whatever he decides.

If we can get Harrison crossing the ball in better then we should be creating easier chances, simple as that.
Deleted User 728

Nic wrote:
rigger wrote:Because he should have 8 or 9 goals given how many chances he's missed. We'd then be 8pts clear.
Do you get a bonus point if you win all your matches :wtf: two draws and a loss is 7 points dropped as we are top on goal difference only.

I do agree and think Bamford not starting could actually improve his game by reducing the pressure on him. He seems now to try too hard but not get in the right position or shoot when there are better options. He may actually score more goals coming on after 70 minutes when we are 2 or 3 goals up.
Didn't check the maths :D

(I figured Swansea was a six pointer and we'd have had two more points from yesterday, hence the total of eight given we're top with Swansea - my maths teacher always said show your working ;) )
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Has MB created a monster? Who else have we that can play like Bamford? And if MB as put all his eggs in one basket regards Bamford holding the ball up and linking play then i'm not sure where the goals are going to come from.

Do we have out and out wingers? I would say Costa & Clarke are, but they perhaps don't link play in midfield aswell as Harrison & Hernnadez do. For me, MB has got to find a way of getting 2 up top at home. Mayby 4-3-3 or the old dinosaur 4-4-2. Bamford can drop deep and Eddie can run in behind.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

I'm not having a go at Klich but if the pen went in, we win, yes we would still have a bit of discussion about chances but we'd also be applauding Bamford for winning it.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Fine margins. Agreed.