Kiko Casilla

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Kiko Casilla

Post by Davycc »

hashtagleedsunited wrote:https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leed ... e-17741417

Other managers would not have stood by Casilla - why are you backing him?

"I don’t support Kiko, I support the team.
If supporting Kiko is supporting the team, I support Kiko.
If I support Kiko, but damage the team, I will not support Kiko.

When one manager takes a decision on an important position he analyses a lot of situations. It’s not just about if we have one player in his position who can play there instead.

Leeds have one player - Meslier. Honestly, a long time, I didn’t say one young player like him with his level of resources. You also verified this against Arsenal. It’s not just knowing we have a player in good condition like Meslier which make you take the decision to switch them. That’s important.

I want to add I do not ignore Kiko’s mistakes. They are evident. Also, it’s true the consequence of his mistakes are linked with our results, but I give importance to Kiko, in the same matches, and previous, kept confidence in himself. He continues giving the right answers in every situation in the game. Other goalkeepers, when they fail aerially, in the next situation they are between the posts. Other keepers when they give a good pass, after they start to play long. Other keepers when they make mistakes, they lose the confidence of his team-mates. After you have team-mates, when they realise he made mistakes, they don’t give him the ball anymore. Kiko keep the confidence in himself, he keep the confidence of his team-mates.

He lost the confidence expressed in the press and media. Something we know. The opinion in the press, we know who writes. That point is professional who is giving this opinion. That is ready and prepared to give an opinion. After you have other media, like Twitter for example, which doesn’t tell you who writes this. We know who writes, but we don’t know if they are prepared to give an opinion. It’s natural any person can given an opinion and this is good. All the opinions, we can listen and evaluate, but we can listen to all this, but not evaluate because we analyse the quality of the people who write. It’s not the same of one professional opinion with others. Another dimension, but in these times we live in, the only fact one opinion is published and the only fact a lot of people have the same thoughts, that makes this opinion, that has an impact, we should consider this peculiarity in this time right now. Always the opinion has value. If it was support for information. You know the opinion of a professional who researches is more important than a professional who does not research. Everybody can give an opinion, but we have to give the right value to one opinion or another opinion."

Interesting and self-explanatory :thumbup:
Wait and see, I bet he has a cracking game Saturday, not that I want him to have to.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
hashtagleedsunited
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by hashtagleedsunited »

Kiko Pre-Cardiff:

47 saves
57 shots on-target faced
10 conceded
82.5% save %
4.7 saves per goal conceded
Errors leading to goals: 0

Kiko Post-Cardiff:

18 saves
38 shots on-target faced
20 conceded
47.4% save %
0.9 saves per goal conceded
Errors leading to goals: 5
NIK MOT

Post by NIK MOT »

Kiko did cost us a lot. His mistakes resulted in loss of more than just few points and he needs to step down and give way to Meslier. It will be ridiculous to wait for Kiko to "wake up" and start doing his job without silly, but silly mistakes. Unfortunately we don't have goal scorer that can overcome Kiko's mistakes, hence Meslier is the only option. Or maybe Bamford should start scoring ………………………………….. if only!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOT MOT
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Personally for me Kiko has got something on his mind? The racism thing possibly, mistakes possibly but imo there is no way he misses that routine pass if he is fully concentrating and confident. He's too good a ball player for that. Now Phillips is back he should get more protection again hopefully.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NIK MOT wrote:Kiko did cost us a lot. His mistakes resulted in loss of more than just few points and he needs to step down and give way to Meslier. It will be ridiculous to wait for Kiko to "wake up" and start doing his job without silly, but silly mistakes. Unfortunately we don't have goal scorer that can overcome Kiko's mistakes, hence Meslier is the only option. Or maybe Bamford should start scoring ………………………………….. if only!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOT MOT
I'm confused ?

We've got a goalkeeper that lets in too many goals plus defenders that can't defend.
We've got a striker that can't score along with a midfield that doesn't contribute enough.
Fulham are our nearest challengers for promotion with far better squad (on paper).

Someone please explain how on earth we are above them on goal difference ?
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NIK MOT

Post by NIK MOT »

It might be, but we cannot have top class keeper who will depend on better protection from Phillips. I don't have nothing against Kiko - great personality and definitely good lad overall, but we need results and this is not what he is up to at this moment. Racism or personal issues or whatever reason it might be cannot be an excuse for his bloopers. At the end of all ends MB is the one who must do necessary, not Kiko. Fingers crossed!

MOT MOT
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NIK MOT wrote:It might be, but we cannot have top class keeper who will depend on better protection from Phillips. I don't have nothing against Kiko - great personality and definitely good lad overall, but we need results and this is not what he is up to at this moment. Racism or personal issues or whatever reason it might be cannot be an excuse for his bloopers. At the end of all ends MB is the one who must do necessary, not Kiko. Fingers crossed!

MOT MOT
If you don't have nothing against him, tell us what it is you have against him then. ;)
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NIK MOT

Post by NIK MOT »

Davycc wrote:
NIK MOT wrote:It might be, but we cannot have top class keeper who will depend on better protection from Phillips. I don't have nothing against Kiko - great personality and definitely good lad overall, but we need results and this is not what he is up to at this moment. Racism or personal issues or whatever reason it might be cannot be an excuse for his bloopers. At the end of all ends MB is the one who must do necessary, not Kiko. Fingers crossed!

MOT MOT
If you don't have nothing against him, tell us what it is you have against him then. ;)

Great question with obvious answer! :crazy: :lol:
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Sniffer wrote:
PhoenixUnited wrote:KC is a poor goalkeeper overall and always has been. He has been protected and not been tested particularly because of the style we have employed under MB. On the occasions that opponents have attacked the madcap Italian has proved to be a liability. No two ways about it. A defence that does not know how to defend when attacked is made all the more nervous by an unsteady man in goal.

An yet MB seems to want to persevere with KC and to hang the consequences. I am coming to the conclusion that MB is a genius for what he has managed to do with the players he inherited but there is a fundamental flaw in his makeup in that he is blinkered and stubborn and unable to see the glaringly obvious.
I think you'll find the "madcap Italian" is from Spain.
Doh! No idea where the Italian comment came from! Thanks for clearing that up
Keep The Faith / WAL
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Selby White wrote:
NIK MOT wrote:Kiko did cost us a lot. His mistakes resulted in loss of more than just few points and he needs to step down and give way to Meslier. It will be ridiculous to wait for Kiko to "wake up" and start doing his job without silly, but silly mistakes. Unfortunately we don't have goal scorer that can overcome Kiko's mistakes, hence Meslier is the only option. Or maybe Bamford should start scoring ………………………………….. if only!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOT MOT
I'm confused ?

We've got a goalkeeper that lets in too many goals plus defenders that can't defend.
We've got a striker that can't score along with a midfield that doesn't contribute enough.
Fulham are our nearest challengers for promotion with far better squad (on paper).

Someone please explain how on earth we are above them on goal difference ?
Pretty simple SW, we have a team and a style of play that creates 6 million chances per game so some are bound to go in.

I know we have disagreed in the past over this type of thing but the facts are there as much as you look at the positive angle.

For the small amounts of shots we concede FAR too many result in goals, that is a fact. We have the lowest shots against in the league so are bound to have a lower number of goals conceded. Look at corners too where the keeper is supposed to command, we concede the least in the league yet most of our goals conceded come from corners.

We have had the most shots, most clear chances in the league and by far the highest xG, so we are going to score, however we are not the highest scorers and we have the lowest chance conversion rate in the league.

You need to look at the ratios not the raw numbers.

The style of play leads to less chances against and more chances for by a large margin. If we had a top keeper and striker we would be so far clear by now. You cannot actually deny that if you look at the ratios rather than raw numbers.