Kiko Casilla

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
lufctrav
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Re: Kiko Casilla

Post by lufctrav »

Davycc wrote:
kk_white wrote:
kk_white wrote:
lufctrav wrote:
Davycc wrote:Wait and see, I bet he has a cracking game Saturday, not that I want him to have to.
Why wouldn't you want to see him have a cracking game tomorrow? You don't want to see Leeds succeed?
Trav, I think you may have misinterpreted Davy's post. Emphasis is on have to. In other words, he'd probably need to see loads of action/shots on goal to have a cracking game, so we would prefer he had absolutely nothing to do :D :thumbup:

At least that's what I think Davy?
Davycc wrote:I don't want him to have to have a cracking game. I'd prefer if he didn't have a save to make.
Oh you explained it already! I had the post written and forgot to send it when putting the little uns to bed :roll:
No bother kk :thumbup: Lufctrav, easy to mis-read if you read it fast :thumbup:
Sorry, i completely misread your post.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Just read an update on Kiko, hearing next week and Phil Hay thinks he will get at least a 6 game ban with it being highly likely he will be found guilty. Leko has a team mate backing him saying he heard it.

Only question is why has it taken so long?

They say Leeds far are paranoid talking about a conspiracy to keep us from going up. For the most part I think it's a load of rubbish but sometimes the EFL make it seem very dodgy. Two examples spring to mind.

1. Last year we were doing great up to the run in, then they rearrange the majority of our fixtures to that almost every week we played after our direct competition. This builds pressure when they are all winning and gives an unfair advantage in a tight race.
2. This year we were going great KC was playing unbelievably well. A racism accusation is made and rather than just sorting it getting it out of the way the EFL see that it has affected KC form and so drag it out for months, all the while he is distracted and making shocking mistakes. The judgement will come so late now it will likely rule him out for most if not all of the run in.

Hmmm makes you wonder doesn't it.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

No.
I don't believe it for a second.

Our fixtures are usually on TV, this often means we play later given the only slots before the rest are the almost defunct Friday night fixture and the half twelve on Saturday slot, probably the least audience-friendly of them all given that's prime "family time" in most people's weekends.
The Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon times are more appealing if a larger audience - and hence larger ad revenue income - are the aim of us being on the box.

As for the racism case, these things take time and the football authorites usually drag their heels with anything "real world" legal rather than within their usual "laws of the game" remit. They don't wanna get caught with their pants down so due diligence takes a while.

I still don't think it'll be clear cut given it's one player's word against another's, even if there's two of them.
I'm not sure it'll stick .. not unless they have a camera angle and a lip-reader we've not known about.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

rigger wrote:No.
I don't believe it for a second.

Our fixtures are usually on TV, this often means we play later given the only slots before the rest are the almost defunct Friday night fixture and the half twelve on Saturday slot, probably the least audience-friendly of them all given that's prime "family time" in most people's weekends.
The Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon times are more appealing if a larger audience - and hence larger ad revenue income - are the aim of us being on the box.

As for the racism case, these things take time and the football authorites usually drag their heels with anything "real world" legal rather than within their usual "laws of the game" remit. They don't wanna get caught with their pants down so due diligence takes a while.

I still don't think it'll be clear cut given it's one player's word against another's, even if there's two of them.
I'm not sure it'll stick .. not unless they have a camera angle and a lip-reader we've not known about.
I'm with you Rigger I don't buy into the conspiracy stuff. However I'm just making the point that the EFL don't much to help the case.

On the KC case, I just get the feeling they are taking their time so that they can be sure of a slam dunk verdict. Makes me feel he will be found guilty.

Now if he is guilty what happens next, obviously Meslier comes in but what happens in the bigger picture. The club can't be seen to support a racist player in the way Liverpool did with Suarez (his was more obvious of course). Do we cut ties terminate his contract? This saying we acknowledge he has been found guilty and as such we say no to racism and he is gone. Added bonus we get the highest earner off the wage bill who despite having some excellent form early in the season he has proved at the end of last at middle of this season he isn't worth being the highest earner. KP clearly should be. Or do the club continue to back him?
lufctrav
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by lufctrav »

HalifaxWhite wrote:Just read an update on Kiko, hearing next week and Phil Hay thinks he will get at least a 6 game ban with it being highly likely he will be found guilty. Leko has a team mate backing him saying he heard it.

They say Leeds far are paranoid talking about a conspiracy to keep us from going up. For the most part I think it's a load of rubbish but sometimes the EFL make it seem very dodgy. Two examples spring to mind.

1. Last year we were doing great up to the run in, then they rearrange the majority of our fixtures to that almost every week we played after our direct competition. This builds pressure when they are all winning and gives an unfair advantage in a tight race.
2. This year we were going great KC was playing unbelievably well. A racism accusation is made and rather than just sorting it getting it out of the way the EFL see that it has affected KC form and so drag it out for months, all the while he is distracted and making shocking mistakes. The judgement will come so late now it will likely rule him out for most if not all of the run in.

Phil Hay was saying on his podcast that one of the main reasons for the length of time was the investigation and scheduling an opportunity that representatives from both clubs were available.

Apparently Leeds are also a reason for it being delayed so long, often requesting to push it back for various reasons.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

He'll have a resale value and probably be in demand from mid-table La Liga sides given his background at Real. Any of the sides outside the top 6 or 7 would probably see it as a bit of a coup to get him, though I doubt the fee will be any more than two or three mil.

... assuming he's found guilty.

I don't think it matters much whether the club decide to stand by him, morally.
If they can't quash the finding then they should sell him - it's the only prudent business thing to do.

If he IS guilty and admits it to the club, if not publicly, then sack him for gross misconduct.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

HalifaxWhite wrote:Just read an update on Kiko, hearing next week and Phil Hay thinks he will get at least a 6 game ban with it being highly likely he will be found guilty. Leko has a team mate backing him saying he heard it.

Typical of the EFL if you ask me. There's no excuses for this to have been dragged on for so long. Another example for you Halifax is the situation surrounding Derby's financial accounts regarding their ground - potential points deduction - 12 months after the EFL had bloody received them!
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Please could you provide a link to where you have read this, as I can’t seem to find it ?
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

White Knight wrote:
kk_white wrote:I'd worry a little about Mesliers overall physical attributes. A one off, free shot at Arsenal is one thing, but putting up with Championship centre forwards and centre backs every week is a different proposition. He's still very young. Can expect him to put on a stone or so in the coming years.
The thing is KK, Kiko is muck at dealing with Championship centre forwards and he has no presence in the box so at worst Meslier will match him...
That's probably true WK, but my point was the physical toll it may take on him if he gets a few bad knocks from angry old centre backs.

I'd prefer if the kid was ready for it, rather than throw him in because he's couldn't be worse than Kiko etc. It might satisfy some fans, but could be bad for him in the long run.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
EastYorkie
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by EastYorkie »

Now, I'm no Kiko fan and whatever happens on the racism charge then things will play out as the club see's fit.

However, if you think Kiko has had some bad games, just look at Fulham's goalkeeper against Barnsley. The very definition of having a bad day.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... 3-barnsley

I hope he has an off day like that when they come to Elland Road ..... of course we know he won't though :lol: