Kiko Casilla

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Kiko Casilla

Post by Selby White »

rigger wrote:
I had a gf from Barcelona a few years ago and while I picked up some Spanish from her generally, it was fascinating to me to try Catalan as well, which is more or less French pronounced in a Spanish accent :D
A couple of years back we visited South America (Uruguay & Chile) and despite them both supposedly speaking Spanish they used so many different words. Uruguay was traditional Spanish and matched our limited knowledge of the language while Chile we really struggled.

Dialects and regional differences as we know in our country vary so much.

Didn't America show the greatest movie of all time "Kes" with subtitles. :crazy:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I had an American girlfriend twenty years ago and it took us about three hours to get through The Full Monty because we had to pause it every minute or two for me to translate :)
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Blimey Rigger, how many girlfriends have you had :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

rigger wrote:I had an American girlfriend twenty years ago and it took us about three hours to get through The Full Monty because we had to pause it every minute or two for me to translate :)
Tbh my gf at the time from London has the same language barrier - off course explaining it in a Leeds accent wasn't that much better. :lol:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Barlow Boy wrote:Blimey Rigger, how many girlfriends have you had :D
Well, I'm 52 and I've never been married .. :D
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Selby White wrote:
rigger wrote:
I had a gf from Barcelona a few years ago and while I picked up some Spanish from her generally, it was fascinating to me to try Catalan as well, which is more or less French pronounced in a Spanish accent :D
A couple of years back we visited South America (Uruguay & Chile) and despite them both supposedly speaking Spanish they used so many different words. Uruguay was traditional Spanish and matched our limited knowledge of the language while Chile we really struggled.

Dialects and regional differences as we know in our country vary so much.

Didn't America show the greatest movie of all time "Kes" with subtitles. :crazy:
They showed it down south with subtitles! :lol:
I once played against Don Revie.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

rigger wrote:
psquithy wrote:No sarcasm intended - it just struck me that in the pressure of a match I might speak in my native tongue.

Hello folks - long time lurker and Leeds fan here.
Welcome in, matey :D

I agree about the first language thing, especially in Spain where there's a few dialects and more correctly because he is indeed a Catalunyan and may well have Spanish as his second language anyway.

In that case you'll enjoy Walter Presents on C4 'Nit i Dia' - I'm about to muddle my brain by watching an eposide from the second series with Mrs MW....I'm frequently asking her 'are they speaking Spanish or Catalan?' so I can interpret the English subtitles.

Don't think Kiko's case is any less straightforward :lol:
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Seeing how long they took over Spygate when it should have been fairly straight forward, I wonder how long it will take this time? Could it be we get to the Christmas run in and not know?
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Why is this taking so long ?
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

what really bothers me about this whole thing is in two parts.

1. If he did say it with offensive intention then he should be punished. In my opinion if that was the case they would have already wrapped this up. There is clearly some grey area being discussed which brings in the idea someone mentioned earlier, maybe he was pointing him out for marking by one of his defenders and didn't know his name/couldnt see the back of his shirt. Could have just been pointing and shouting so get someones attention.

2. If it is the case as above that he was pointing him about and just describing him that a punishment for that opens up a whole new can of worms. In my opinion everything on what is deemed offensive has gone way too far in the new liberal world. If he looks at a player and the only thing sperating him from the guy he is stood next to at a quick glance is the colour of his skin then simply describing him as black by his own language isn't an offense. If it is then if there are two white players and he says the Ginger one, or the one with the big nose, the bald one etc. It is the same thing, should he be punished for that? If he was pointing out the guy next to him and said 'the white guy; would we have this same case ongoing? ABSOLUTELY NOT! Yet there is absolutely no difference.