Kiko Casilla

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Kiko Casilla

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Davycc wrote:Deadline day and nothing so far.
Blimey, that’s come round quick.

Nothing from the regular Leeds journo’s either, very odd.
Not sure the hearing is today, think Kiko had until today to respond (which I read somewhere was done at the weekend with the Club submitting evidence).
Now a date will be set.

Could be wrong but that was my understanding.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Davycc wrote:Deadline day and nothing so far.
Blimey, that’s come round quick.

Nothing from the regular Leeds journo’s either, very odd.
Not sure the hearing is today, think Kiko had until today to respond (which I read somewhere was done at the weekend with the Club submitting evidence).
Now a date will be set.

Could be wrong but that was my understanding.
Cheers mick :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

It really would be a shame to lose Kiko for any length of time now. He has been in great form in terms of keeping clean sheets but also his distribution is excellent and often a base for our fast counter attacks when we get them. At the start of the season the thought of losing him for 8 games wouldn't have bothered me at all. However now he seems to understand that he can't just run up the pitch every 5 mins he is a lot better and is inspiring a real confidence in the defence too which all works together to provide a solid foundation for clean sheets. In turn leading to a churn of points despite our lack of goals.

All this means it is highly likely the EFL will ban him. Lets just hope Meslier is a good back up. Anybody seen anything of him for the U23's?
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

HalifaxWhite wrote:It really would be a shame to lose Kiko for any length of time now. He has been in great form in terms of keeping clean sheets but also his distribution is excellent and often a base for our fast counter attacks when we get them. At the start of the season the thought of losing him for 8 games wouldn't have bothered me at all. However now he seems to understand that he can't just run up the pitch every 5 mins he is a lot better and is inspiring a real confidence in the defence too which all works together to provide a solid foundation for clean sheets. In turn leading to a churn of points despite our lack of goals.

All this means it is highly likely the EFL will ban him. Lets just hope Meslier is a good back up. Anybody seen anything of him for the U23's?
Watched one match with the u'23s and Meslier was outstanding. But of course that is only one match but signs are good.
blackpool white
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by blackpool white »

any update on this?
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

blackpool white wrote:any update on this?
Don't think so, suspect a shortage of any real evidence but I'm sure they will do everything in their powers to find some ;)
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Following kinnears comments (about the burden of proof in allegation of such gravity) in the programme notes (vs brum I think) I wouldn’t be surprised if there has been threat of external legal action should action be taken against Casilla.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Why is this still dragging on ?
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

It isn't too often good things footballers do so here is one for Kiko :-

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/commun ... up-to-play
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Posted today......

Marcelo Bielsa has moved to defend under-fire goalkeeper Kiko Casilla, suggesting that Leeds United players aren't good enough at heading the ball for the most part.

Casilla came in for criticism for his role in Wigan's winner in Saturday's 1-0 defeat by the Latics at Elland Road.

Leeds playmaker Pablo Hernandez bundled the ball into his own net after the 33-year-old keeper ventured off his line to claim a corner, but failed to get it.

Fans of the West Yorkshire side slated Casilla on Twitter directly after the game, but Bielsa says that it isn't easy being a goalkeeper for the Whites.

The veteran coach argues that centre-back Liam Cooper is the only player who is 'very good' at heading the ball.

He said to Leeds Live: "It is not easy to be a keeper in a team like Leeds. We don’t have good defensive aerial play. Liam is a very good header. We have good headers, but Liam is the only who is very good. In English football you have very good aerial players. That is a problem."

........ Maybe you shouldn’t have sold the best header of the ball @ the club in the summer then Marcelo ??