Kiko Casilla

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Kiko Casilla

Post by Barlow Boy »

isrodger wrote: Leeds playmaker Pablo Hernandez bundled the ball into his own net after the 33-year-old keeper ventured off his line to claim a corner, but failed to get it.
Eh ?
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Why is this still dragging on ?
Leave some bad news hanging over Leeds United (like Spygate last year) for an unnecessarily long time and perhaps leave a 1st team keeper in goal who is worse than our reserve... cynical and 90% joking, but whatever it takes to keep the biggest team in the EFL in the EFL! :-)
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

isrodger wrote:
........ Maybe you shouldn’t have sold the best header of the ball @ the club in the summer then Marcelo ??
Didn't know we had sold Cooper :lol:

OK only joking but couldn't resist.

Would be interesting to compare how many headed goals we concede with the Coops/White partnership compared with the Coops/Jansson one.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I’m wondering if Kiko’s poor form since the Cardiff game has anything to do with these charges ?
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:I’m wondering if Kiko’s poor form since the Cardiff game has anything to do with these charges ?
Its quite possible given the timing although difficult to say for sure, suspect part of the problem though.

Trouble now he has a few mistakes to is name his confidence must be dropping.

The Brentford one how ever bad it was is the one I can forgive most, it was basically a ball that wasn't controlled, all players do it occasionally (striker in front of goal another that goes highly noticed because it effects games). We do play Russian Roulette with back passes and its the only time I can recall him not looking in control.

I can be more critical with errors down to bad positioning, a must get right for a goalkeeper.

Think he needs resting to rebuild confidence, maybe until the time the case is sorted.

Earlier in the season when he was playing well people were saying we would be struggling if we lost him to a ban, its funny to see the same people now calling for his head. :crazy:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Said this on the match thread, I think it's a good possibility.
I know he had his moments beofre it but up until the "racist" incident he was doing well, is it a coincidence it's hanging over him unresolved?
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

So he's basically Johnny Woodgate, then ?

I mean in relation to Lee Bowyer, who played the best football of his entire career during their infamous court case.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

NottinghamWhite wrote:I’m wondering if Kiko’s poor form since the Cardiff game has anything to do with these charges ?
I don’t buy this pal, basically he was a dodgy keeper flapping at crosses and making erratic decisions, particularly when coming off his line, prior to Cardiff!

Granted at corners he has little protection. However the opposition have worked out we rely on him to come to crosses due to our lack at height at centre back; hence they employ blocking tactics.

In fairness to the lad, any keeper in the world would struggle with our defence @ set plays in the championship. Added to that, our total football approach does expose our keepers more than is sometimes prudent; as a consequence there is more chance of errors.

As regards the accusations - I’m not sure they would play on his mind like Rigger alluded to re Woodgate. Bowyer & Woodgate potentially faced prison, a scary thought for most of us, let alone a high profile footballer. Cassillas punishment will be a fine of a few days wages & 6 week holiday !
EastYorkie
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by EastYorkie »

I was at Tadcaster Albion for Kiko's debut in the U23s (I think, can't remember tbh) when he had literally been in the country for about 3 days. We all joked that he'd swopped Real Madrid for the ground behind the breweries at Taddy - some come down.

Thing is I saw him flap at and miss the very first cross that was put into his box. Fortunately it sailed past the goal. He followed that up with a couple of punches when he could of caught the ball but the game passed off without him having to do a great deal. I was worried then but I put it down just to the change of circumstances and location. I thought he would improve, I mean he was ex Real Madrid.

The reality is that he's not changed - he's iffy. Yes, he's made good saves but so he should. I haven't seen anything out of this world in his saves and I have seen a lot of mistakes. There's been plenty of poor goalkeeping which he has got away with.

I would try Meslier at the drop of a hat but I have also seen Meslier be a bit too complacent with the ball at his feet. Attackers have closed him down and he has nearly got caught out, fortunately he got away with it. Now its only twice I've seen that happen but perhaps he's a bit too cool for his own good? Only time would tell and you would hope that in his first few games he definitely wouldn't want to be seen as complacent.

If Bielsa prefers Casilla to Meslier then so be it. There will be a reason for that and not just blind loyalty is my view.
whitedancer
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by whitedancer »

peacock Farrell made a few errors ,and bielsa had him out, kiko has made many more ,and still he plays him
last season ,cant remember how many mistakes he made, where he just flapped at crosses ,run out of goal with
reckless abandon,especially towards the end of season,has we choked towards the play offs,
and deja vue,he we go again.