Kiko Casilla

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: Kiko Casilla

Post by johnh »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Why is this taking so long ?

VAR must be involved.
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

:clap: :clap:
johnh wrote:
ChilwellWhite wrote:Why is this taking so long ?

VAR must be involved.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

HalifaxWhite wrote:new liberal world.
Yet there is absolutely no difference
I think there is a difference and it's every person's right to be offended if they find something offensive.
Some may ignore it, some may laugh at it, some may not care, it might be water off a duck's back to others while some might feel sorry for the ignorance of the person saying it .. it's all about the individual, the situation, the words and the intent.

And it's not up to anyone else to decide other than the person it's being done to ...

... IMHO.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

I would like to think Leko was offended by what he claims Kiko said.
I am surprised its taking so long though, suggests no strong evidence.
Who is the 2nd player that supposedly heard it? Where on the pitch was he at the time? Not heard a name mentioned.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Selby White wrote:I would like to think Leko was offended by what he claims Kiko said.
I am surprised its taking so long though, suggests no strong evidence.
Who is the 2nd player that supposedly heard it? Where on the pitch was he at the time? Not heard a name mentioned.
Macauley Bonne.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
lufctrav
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by lufctrav »

Did Leko immediately bring it to the ref or Kiko's attention? I feel like this is something that could've been sorted out there and then on the pitch with an immediate apology if it were a misunderstanding on Kiko's behalf.
What we have now however is a media shitstorm over an incident that could very well be an honest mistake by a player who has spent less than 12 months playing in a foreign country.
I imagine that if what Kiko said had any true malice to it, it would've come out immediately after the game, if not during. Instead all we got from Charlton post match were cryptic hints that there was an incident of some sort.
Grumpy
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by Grumpy »

rigger wrote:I had an American girlfriend twenty years ago and it took us about three hours to get through The Full Monty because we had to pause it every minute or two for me to translate :)
Do you have something against British girls Rigger? American, Spanish and if I remember correctly, you had a French girlfriend a good few years ago? :lol:
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

lufctrav wrote:Did Leko immediately bring it to the ref or Kiko's attention? I feel like this is something that could've been sorted out there and then on the pitch with an immediate apology if it were a misunderstanding on Kiko's behalf.
What we have now however is a media shitstorm over an incident that could very well be an honest mistake by a player who has spent less than 12 months playing in a foreign country.
I imagine that if what Kiko said had any true malice to it, it would've come out immediately after the game, if not during. Instead all we got from Charlton post match were cryptic hints that there was an incident of some sort.
the game was held up while the report to the referee was made. That's how I heard it anyway, I didn't see the game, just listened to radio commentary.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Grumpy wrote:
rigger wrote:I had an American girlfriend twenty years ago and it took us about three hours to get through The Full Monty because we had to pause it every minute or two for me to translate :)
Do you have something against British girls Rigger? American, Spanish and if I remember correctly, you had a French girlfriend a good few years ago? :lol:
The first girl I ever kissed was French.
Since then I have been out with English girls, but generally I've preferred foreign women.

French x 2
Spanish x 2
Italian x 2
American
South African
German
Turkish
Iranian
Thai
Malaysian (current)

I don't mind English women but I find they tend to be more interested in gossip, social status, soap operas and money than I am.
Foreign women enjoy more cultural pursuits like music, art, sport and .. er .. sex :D
The mere fact they are in a different country automatically hardwires their brain - or it reflects the personal traits that allowed them to move abroad in the first place - and I very much prefer spending time on those activities than the things most English women in my experience like to do.

Also, when you first start seeing them it's really fun playing the comparison game about everything. It's fascinating to me. I love learning new languages, customs and accents, etc, plus the music, art, food and films are opened up if someone you know can lead you through them.

I know I'm not the only one that thinks like this too :shh:

Oh, and English women tend to dress the age they wish they were rather than the age they are : foreign women are almost always more elegant IMHO.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

rigger wrote:
Grumpy wrote:
The first girl I ever kissed was French.
Since then I have been out with English girls, but generally I've preferred foreign women.

French x 2
Spanish x 2
Italian x 2
American
South African
German
Turkish
Iranian
Thai
Malaysian (current)

I don't mind English women but I find they tend to be more interested in gossip, social status, soap operas and money than I am.
Foreign women enjoy more cultural pursuits like music, art, sport and .. er .. sex :D
The mere fact they are in a different country automatically hardwires their brain - or it reflects the personal traits that allowed them to move abroad in the first place - and I very much prefer spending time on those activities than the things most English women in my experience like to do.

Also, when you first start seeing them it's really fun playing the comparison game about everything. It's fascinating to me. I love learning new languages, customs and accents, etc, plus the music, art, food and films are opened up if someone you know can lead you through them.

I know I'm not the only one that thinks like this too :shh:

Oh, and English women tend to dress the age they wish they were rather than the age they are : foreign women are almost always more elegant IMHO.
The other end of the spectrum is that tomorrow, I celebrate my 60th (diamond) wedding anniversary. Went into the Jewellers yesterday to buy a present for her indoors. The guy said 'we don't get many requests for diamond wedding gifts'. He was a bit disappointed I didn't order a large diamond tiara. :D I think we have been very lucky and I do not imply any criticism of anyone who takes a different path in life. :thumbup:
I once played against Don Revie.