Kiko Casilla

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
EastYorkie
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Re: Kiko Casilla

Post by EastYorkie »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Are we expecting a verdict today ?
I believe they re still considering it and may reach a decision today but it may well not be made public until tomorrow was the latest I read somewhere.

I think in consideration, even if Kiko gets a positive decision, then Bielsa might start Meslier given Kiko's mind might be buzzing with it all. At home, against Reading is about as easy as it gets for a league debut at this stage of the season.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

EastYorkie wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Are we expecting a verdict today ?
I believe they re still considering it and may reach a decision today but it may well not be made public until tomorrow was the latest I read somewhere.

I think in consideration, even if Kiko gets a positive decision, then Bielsa might start Meslier given Kiko's mind might be buzzing with it all. At home, against Reading is about as easy as it gets for a league debut at this stage of the season.
Man, I wish it was that easy :D

Respectfully, I disagree completely with that view, EY :D I am honestly expecting a tougher game from Reading anyway, but there is no such thing as an easy debut at this stage of the season. and that's no criticism of Casilla or Meslier. Any road, I still think he will be banned for 6 games but hope I'm wrong. I do not for a second think he's racist but I do suspect he's broken one of the EFL rules. It's all a farce, just as the case of Forestieri's was - found not guilty in a court of law (?) but guilty of breaching the game's laws and thus banned.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Two days at the hearing and still nothing, they must be having to read to rule book backwards to find him guilty. :shh:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

All getting a bit silly now what are they playing at ?
Winner of the Europa League
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Phil Hay said earlier this week that a Friday announcement was expected. Hearing and outcome may be agreed, but they would take a day or so to word the press release...
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

If found guilty then Kiko can surely appeal? If so, I would then presume he'll start tomorrow irrespective of the outcome, providing he's mentally ok to do so.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I just feel that the longer it all takes, the more likely Kiko is to be found not guilty. If the football authorities had a good case it would all be over pretty quick. There are going to be some parties upset at a not guilty verdict and the authorities need to be able to point out how thorough their investigation was. Hope so anyway.
I once played against Don Revie.
zigzag
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by zigzag »

Knowing how much the authorities dislike us the verdict will probably be announced lunchtime tomorrow
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

zigzag wrote:Knowing how much the authorities dislike us the verdict will probably be announced lunchtime tomorrow
They will announce at lunchtime tomorrow that they need extra time like they kept doing on mornings of matches through the spygate debacle.

Hopefully as interviews have said kiko gets support from the team, the delay isn't affecting him, and won't for tomorrow.
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

zigzag wrote:Knowing how much the authorities dislike us the verdict will probably be announced lunchtime tomorrow
It is nuts how long it is taking. Leave aside whether you think he's guilty or not but the EFL constantly drag their feet when it comes to Leeds. It's no wonder people think there is an agenda. In my view the EFL are simply incompetent.