Kiko Casilla

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Kiko Casilla

Post by Selby White »

johnh wrote:
The other end of the spectrum is that tomorrow, I celebrate my 60th (diamond) wedding anniversary. Went into the Jewellers yesterday to buy a present for her indoors. The guy said 'we don't get many requests for diamond wedding gifts'. He was a bit disappointed I didn't order a large diamond tiara. :D I think we have been very lucky and I do not imply any criticism of anyone who takes a different path in life. :thumbup:

Nice one John. Congratulations :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Selby White wrote:
johnh wrote:
The other end of the spectrum is that tomorrow, I celebrate my 60th (diamond) wedding anniversary. Went into the Jewellers yesterday to buy a present for her indoors. The guy said 'we don't get many requests for diamond wedding gifts'. He was a bit disappointed I didn't order a large diamond tiara. :D I think we have been very lucky and I do not imply any criticism of anyone who takes a different path in life. :thumbup:

Nice one John. Congratulations :thumbup:
A ring? Your good lady deserves a medal, John!

Congratulations :angel:
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Leeds and Kiko Casilla granted FA extension over racism charge
https://www.teamtalk.com/news/leeds-and ... ism-charge
Leeds United and goalkeeper Kiko Casilla have been granted an extension from the FA to respond to allegations of racism brought against the Spanish goalkeeper.

Casilla was expected to respond to the allegations on Tuesday, with the FA having announced the charge on November 4, but it’s now been announced that the Championship promotion hopefuls have until the end of November to respond.

Casilla strongly denies the charge and insists he did not use language of a racist nature towards Charlton player Jonathan Leko as the Addicks inflicted a 1-0 defeat on Leeds at The Valley on September 28.

An FA statement published last Monday said: “Kiko Casilla has been charged with a breach of FA Rule E3.

“It is alleged that, contrary to Rule E3(1), the Leeds United goalkeeper used abusive and/or insulting words towards a Charlton Athletic player during an EFL Championship fixture on 28 September 2019.

“It is further alleged that the words constitute an “Aggravated Breach”, which is defined in Rule E3(2), as they made reference to race and/or colour and/or ethnic origin.”

But having been granted the extention, Leeds will now be able to continue picking Casilla and the Spaniard will be available for forthcoming games away to Luton on November 23 and Reading on November 26.
Guess the evidence the FA have isn't strong enough at the moment. I just hope it does not have an impact on the team performance.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Nic wrote:Leeds and Kiko Casilla granted FA extension over racism charge
https://www.teamtalk.com/news/leeds-and ... ism-charge
Leeds United and goalkeeper Kiko Casilla have been granted an extension from the FA to respond to allegations of racism brought against the Spanish goalkeeper.

Casilla was expected to respond to the allegations on Tuesday, with the FA having announced the charge on November 4, but it’s now been announced that the Championship promotion hopefuls have until the end of November to respond.

Casilla strongly denies the charge and insists he did not use language of a racist nature towards Charlton player Jonathan Leko as the Addicks inflicted a 1-0 defeat on Leeds at The Valley on September 28.

An FA statement published last Monday said: “Kiko Casilla has been charged with a breach of FA Rule E3.

“It is alleged that, contrary to Rule E3(1), the Leeds United goalkeeper used abusive and/or insulting words towards a Charlton Athletic player during an EFL Championship fixture on 28 September 2019.

“It is further alleged that the words constitute an “Aggravated Breach”, which is defined in Rule E3(2), as they made reference to race and/or colour and/or ethnic origin.”

But having been granted the extention, Leeds will now be able to continue picking Casilla and the Spaniard will be available for forthcoming games away to Luton on November 23 and Reading on November 26.
Guess the evidence the FA have isn't strong enough at the moment. I just hope it does not have an impact on the team performance.
I believe it’s Casilla that requested an extension also issues like this can galvanise a side as much as distract them. Interesting piece in the programme on Saturday by Kinnear Re the burden of proof etc. Could all get somewhat messy.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Casilla has been given more time to respond. Now given until Nov 27 to prepare a response.
I once played against Don Revie.
Aaron
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Aaron »

Bernardo Silva banned for one Man City match and fined £50,000 by FA for racially offensive Tweet.
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

Aaron wrote:Bernardo Silva banned for one Man City match and fined £50,000 by FA for racially offensive Tweet.
I still think this was blown all out of proportion. It was a joke between 2 players that have known each other for years and if Benjamin Mendy wasn't bothered by it, then that should have been the end of it. Why do other people think that they have to be offended on his behalf and make such a big issue of it?
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

BrighouseWhite wrote:
Aaron wrote:Bernardo Silva banned for one Man City match and fined £50,000 by FA for racially offensive Tweet.
I still think this was blown all out of proportion. It was a joke between 2 players that have known each other for years and if Benjamin Mendy wasn't bothered by it, then that should have been the end of it. Why do other people think that they have to be offended on his behalf and make such a big issue of it?

John Barnes on 5Live talking a bit of common sense re this, saying context and intent have to be taken into consideration. He says that if someone had tweeted that a white chocolate sweet with thin pale lips had been referred to a white friend no one would have batted an eye.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Deadline day and nothing so far.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Davycc wrote:Deadline day and nothing so far.
Blimey, that’s come round quick.

Nothing from the regular Leeds journo’s either, very odd.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.