Kiko Casilla

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Kiko Casilla

Post by PhoenixUnited »

If we just park this case for a second. The FA, as far as I can work out, is answerable to no one. A law unto itself as it were. However it would be an interesting question to ask if the length of time it has taken will be the benchmark for other similar cases for it is inevitable there will be more :?:

A follow up question, if the answer is no is why this case is then so special
Keep The Faith / WAL
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Otherworld »

PhoenixUnited wrote:If we just park this case for a second. The FA, as far as I can work out, is answerable to no one. A law unto itself as it were. However it would be an interesting question to ask if the length of time it has taken will be the benchmark for other similar cases for it is inevitable there will be more :?:

A follow up question, if the answer is no is why this case is then so special
I’m not sure why the length of time is relevant. It doesn’t seem unreasonable to me. It was obviously a complex case, and of a sensitive nature, so it seems fine to make sure that everything was done correctly.

Having read through the report, it seems to have been a careful and thorough investigation, and a fairly sympathetic hearing and conclusion.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Leko has tonight criticised the PFA and the 22 weeks it took to resolve. He had no guidance or support. He'd question reporting something similar again...
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

kk_white wrote:Leko has tonight criticised the PFA and the 22 weeks it took to resolve. He had no guidance or support. He'd question reporting something similar again...
I agree with him should have been dealt with much quicker, the people who run football are on a different planet.

As for guidance & support I think he needs to question his own Club on that. By that I mean both Charlton team he was playing for and West Brom his parent Club.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

kk_white wrote:Leko has tonight criticised the PFA and the 22 weeks it took to resolve. He had no guidance or support. He'd question reporting something similar again...
This angle is something I think a lot of us (including me) had overlooked.

The length of time wasn't just bad for Casilla, who had the backing of a whole club who wanted him to get off , but it must've been grim for Leko, who stood to gain nothing if he 'won' apart from vindication. Very poor from Kick it Out, the PFA and others that he felt so unsupported and alone.

Irrespective of the way that guilt is determined, those reporting what is essentially a hate crime should never end up feeling that it was such a horrific process they might not report it if it happened again..
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Leonickroberts wrote:

The length of time wasn't just bad for Casilla, who had the backing of a whole club who wanted him to get off , but it must've been grim for Leko, who stood to gain nothing if he 'won' apart from vindication. Very poor from Kick it Out, the PFA and others that he felt so unsupported and alone.

Irrespective of the way that guilt is determined, those reporting what is essentially a hate crime should never end up feeling that it was such a horrific process they might not report it if it happened again..
Would think its a tough one for the PFA prior to the hearing as they would have responsibility towards both players and couldn't be seen taking sides.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Selby White wrote:
Leonickroberts wrote:

Would think its a tough one for the PFA prior to the hearing as they would have responsibility towards both players and couldn't be seen taking sides.
Good point Selby, but you'd like to think that they could find a way to help a player/member through the difficult time when they presumably feel very unsupported, without taking a side.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
West beach white
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by West beach white »

Moving forward, id like to see kiko come out and make a public apology.
If he does this i see no reason not to forgive him this mistake and move on .
Deleted User 3150

Post by Deleted User 3150 »

West beach white wrote:Moving forward, id like to see kiko come out and make a public apology.
You're assuming he did it

What I can't understand is, that in what must have been a packed area, more people didn't hear it when he has supposed to have shouted loudly

It has not been proved beyond reasonable doubt

Just my opinion
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

West beach white wrote:Moving forward, id like to see kiko come out and make a public apology.
It's not for us to forgive him - only one person can do that ..