Who Remembers

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Who Remembers

Post by Davycc »

These

All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Who Remembers

Post by Selby White »

Yes I do, had it delivered each month.

At the time I remember those from over the hills had numerous magazines on the go and always looked sad when I went in WH Smiths to see one pile of our mags and 5 or 6 of theirs.
Childish I know but each week I went in the shop and sneakely rearranged the shelf so one of ours was on the top of each pile. :shh: :angel:

Had to stop as the manager started following me around :roll:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Selby White wrote:Yes I do, had it delivered each month.

At the time I remember those from over the hills had numerous magazines on the go and always looked sad when I went in WH Smiths to see one pile of our mags and 5 or 6 of theirs.
Childish I know but each week I went in their and sneakely rearranged the shelf so one of ours was on the top of each pile. :shh: :angel:

Had to collect mine at the news agents each month, actually wasn't a bad effort at first but seemed to run out of ideas.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

I could even get those magazines here in Australia when they were around, sadly i think when i moved they had to go :cry: :cry:
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
cheffy007
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by cheffy007 »

I used to do match reports for the mag. I got a couple of free tickets to the match, had to find my own way there and back and have the report on Neil Jeffries desk top by 9.00am Monday morning.
Great mag. I still have them all somewhere.
For homemade pickles, chutneys and tomato ketchup, go to www.stuckinapickle.co.uk
yorkfan
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by yorkfan »

Selby White wrote:Yes I do, had it delivered each month.

Childish I know but each week I went in the shop and sneakely rearranged the shelf so one of ours was on the top of each pile. :shh: :angel:

I remember that too ............ always felt disgruntled to have to look for the Leeds mag. amongst all the Reds ones on the shelves here in York. :thumbup:
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Yep... Good read at the time. Mine have gone back into the ether. Maybe toilet Roll? :D
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Loved them. In the days of very little internet, it was the only insight I could get into Leeds. Made the bond even stronger that we could learn more than the usual simple facts and figures (ER Capacity, greatest victory etc). Really felt like an expert when chatting to mates :D
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay