Investment

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Investment

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Winner of the Europa League
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

NottinghamWhite wrote:This won’t go away.

https://twitter.com/rmcgoran/status/125 ... 11584?s=21
There would be something very ‘Leeds’ about us getting taken over by an oil rich state when oil is trading @ minus $29 a barrel. :crazy:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

Wow! There is a lot of money riding on the last leg of the season. That deal alone is worth more than all our commercial deals this season.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Saw the above on Twitter not sure what to make of it ?
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Saw the above on Twitter not sure what to make of it ?
Plenty of fans seem convinced Radrizzani (correct spelling :D ) is selling and that this is the deal. i've no idea personally but QSI interest has been rumoured for ages now yet nothing has happened as yet.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I don't want any oil states buying us. They've all got dreadful human rights records and I would rather go up organically than sell my soul to the devil like that, even if it takes another sixteen seasons.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

rigger wrote:I don't want any oil states buying us. They've all got dreadful human rights records and I would rather go up organically than sell my soul to the devil like that, even if it takes another sixteen seasons.
Alongside all of this, if they were to take over once we were promoted I actually think that them instead of Radrizzani could increase the chances of us going immediately back down. I feel like we have a vision and a plan currently, that is largely tailored to Bielsa. If Qatar Airways were to take us over, I expect they'd want to throw money around, and force Bielsa to make more changes to the squad than he would want to. As a consequence of such instability, I could see us being like Aston Villa this season, and QPR a few seasons ago. Barring Radrizzani's first season, we've been a lot smarter in the market. I feel like we would better off stabilising ourselves in the EPL, with Radrizzani as owner.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Agree with all that, Si. Not sure how long Bielsa will stay though. Think he might quit if we go up. Doesn't he miss his family?