Investment

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Investment

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Nic wrote:The QSI link is helpful to both parties. If indeed they are under pressure from French authorities, then using Leeds as a threat to move out could help them. It is not all one way traffic as there are other parties interested in Leeds and knowing that QSI are interested could boost the price Radz gets our get them to firm up bids from merely interested to preparing a formal bid.
I'm still leaning towards believing this is the main reason the rumours started and are still going TBH :D
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

CorkWhite wrote:I would love to finally see Leeds get back to the Premiership and if a little investment came from QSI then i would welcome it. My issue with this happening though is the whole political aspect of Al-Khelaifi and the negative aspects that seem to dog him in the world of football.

It does however add some great fantasy football thoughts and what kind of players would come into the club if there were a full take over happen

If there was a full take over who would you like to see come in?
If QSI take the plunge I can't see them wanting to play second fiddle to anyone. As for all the baggage that would come with bidder - well it would just be Leeds United being Leeds United wouldn't it?

I am a cautious type and might be accused of being a doom monger if I was to say - Careful what you which for. I have been around long enough to remember the really crappy times that us Leeds fans have endured :|
Keep The Faith / WAL
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

PhoenixUnited wrote:
CorkWhite wrote:I would love to finally see Leeds get back to the Premiership and if a little investment came from QSI then i would welcome it. My issue with this happening though is the whole political aspect of Al-Khelaifi and the negative aspects that seem to dog him in the world of football.

It does however add some great fantasy football thoughts and what kind of players would come into the club if there were a full take over happen

If there was a full take over who would you like to see come in?
If QSI take the plunge I can't see them wanting to play second fiddle to anyone. As for all the baggage that would come with bidder - well it would just be Leeds United being Leeds United wouldn't it?

I am a cautious type and might be accused of being a doom monger if I was to say - Careful what you which for. I have been around long enough to remember the really crappy times that us Leeds fans have endured :|
I agree I’m pretty sure given the state of his finances Radz will be forced to sell in the next 12 months - I just wonder if we might have a situation where QSI buy the ground for £50m and 49.99% of the club for £1. Allowing Radz & the 49rs to keep 50 plus 1 % thus getting round the eventual problem of dual ownership of LUFC & PSG in Europe.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Hammad Al Thani’s personal helicopter visited LBA yesterday ( Qatar registration) hmmmm :roll:
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Radzrianni isn’t denying any of this so there may be some truth in it.
PhoenixUnited

Post by PhoenixUnited »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Hammad Al Thani’s personal helicopter visited LBA yesterday ( Qatar registration) hmmmm :roll:
When people are that loaded this is how they get from A to B (only because they can't get anyone to do it in their stead)

Apparently! :D
Keep The Faith / WAL
Nic

Post by Nic »

isrodger wrote:I agree I’m pretty sure given the state of his finances Radz will be forced to sell in the next 12 months - I just wonder if we might have a situation where QSI buy the ground for £50m and 49.99% of the club for £1. Allowing Radz & the 49rs to keep 50 plus 1 % thus getting round the eventual problem of dual ownership of LUFC & PSG in Europe.
Hmm not sure, QSI probably want a major stake otherwise less likely to want to plough money in. Also Radrizzani would be expected to match any investment (remember Cellino wanting to put money in but GFH were reluctant. Not sure it is that Radrizzani doesn't have the money to plough in, I thought it was more that he had in mind the amount he wants to spend. He won't be forced to sell but if we don't go up probably realises that he can't take the club further without putting more money in than he wants.

In relation to the 49rs wasn't that time limited - as in 3 years then they get an amount of money back?

NottinghamWhite wrote:Hammad Al Thani’s personal helicopter visited LBA yesterday ( Qatar registration) hmmmm :roll:
Do you have a spy there ;)
The Athletic’s journalist and Leeds United expert Phil Hay has confirmed that the club owner Andrea Radrizzani and the head of Qatar Sports Investments Nasser Al-Khelaifi have indeed had discussions, but the process has been described as not fast-moving.

QSI believes the Italian overvalues Leeds a little bit following his asking price of £100 million-plus, and there wouldn’t be anything happening quickly as far as completing a deal goes.

Al-Khelaifi wants the purchase of shares to lead to the acquisition of a majority stake, and while the Elland Road outfit aren’t ready to reveal that the club is up for sale, Hay believes Radrizzani is willing to consider investment offers, but isn’t interested in making way when the season is ongoing.
https://sportslens.com/phil-hay-discuss ... ng/279398/

So QSI want it cheap and Radrizzani wants a return on his investment. I guess it is part of a long process, and whilst some are hoping for a deal before Jan to allow transfer activity, it will probably be afterwards. Of course if nothing is done by the end of the season and we do get promoted, the price will undoubtedly increase further.
Austin91
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Austin91 »

Nic wrote: So QSI want it cheap and Radrizzani wants a return on his investment. I guess it is part of a long process, and whilst some are hoping for a deal before Jan to allow transfer activity, it will probably be afterwards. Of course if nothing is done by the end of the season and we do get promoted, the price will undoubtedly increase further.
I suspect this would be very much the opening throws of negoitation. People setting their stalls ready to sit down and eventually reach a middle ground. I would guess the 'leaks' on discussions are a part of this also. Trying to draw out other parties etc.

As much i want promotion to happen personally. If i was a prospective buyer, i'd be willing to play a game of chicken to the seasons end and gamble on the price lowering with no promotion/strain on resources due to no promotion.
isrodger

Post by isrodger »

NIC - I would tend to agree with you Re the majority stake however in time that would cause a problem Re PSG and european competition. I believe the 49rs bought 11% which increases to 14% over 3 years. There is a guaranteed buy out price or X% of the sale price. As regards Radz if you look at his business interests they were / are hemorrhaging cash. He’s been propping up operating costs with the sale of assets; much like Lufc with player sales. I just hope Radz does the right thing by the club, and sells to those best placed to take us forward.
Last edited by isrodger on 12 Nov 2019, 13:55, edited 1 time in total.
psquithy
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by psquithy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Hammad Al Thani’s personal helicopter visited LBA yesterday ( Qatar registration) hmmmm
Do you have a spy there
According to spotters at Leeds Brafdford "1st time newcomer Qatar Eurocopter 155 made its arrival from Stansted. Post midday it departed a couple of times using a Multiflight Training callsign and remained in the circuit and local area for a fair while, possibly on a demonstration for a customer."

http://yorkshirespotters.blogspot.com/