Investment

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Investment

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Winner of the Europa League
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

He's been linked with a couple of other Italian Clubs as well recently hasn't he?

It's hard to tell whether it's the media looking for a story, or whether there's truth to it.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:https://motleedsnews.com/news/phil-hay- ... -takeover/

I wonder if the 49ers want to take over sooner rather than later as I can’t see them wanting to see us relegated so we may get some investment in January.

Yes would be good to pick up Ross Barkley, for example, but Marcelo is clearly sceptical about the winter transfer window.

I'm not holding my breath.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
yorkfan
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by yorkfan »

Given that the 49ers have the option to achieve 100% ownership by 2024, what do we think they will do in the next transfer window?

Provide the funding to buy some additional players, in an attempt to maintain our PL status?

OR

Risk relegation to The Championship, and thereby acquire LUFC for a much reduced figure, then buy some players to attempt promotion back into the PL?

Either way, I'm afraid that it's the money men who will be making the decisions.

Or am I just being far too cynical? :roll:
CanuckMightyWhite
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by CanuckMightyWhite »

yorkfan wrote:Given that the 49ers have the option to achieve 100% ownership by 2024, what do we think they will do in the next transfer window?

Provide the funding to buy some additional players, in an attempt to maintain our PL status?

OR

Risk relegation to The Championship, and thereby acquire LUFC for a much reduced figure, then buy some players to attempt promotion back into the PL?

Either way, I'm afraid that it's the money men who will be making the decisions.

Or am I just being far too cynical? :roll:
If it is the latter, I.e. 49ers looking to take over the club on the cheap in the Championship, then Radz will have to dig into his pockets in January to ensure we stay up.
Either way, something is happening behind the scenes and we are entering another phase in the ownership merry go round.
Ideally, I would prefer Lowy, via the 49ers, rather than York calling the shots. Although the perfect scenario would be for the Qataris to sweep in and let that be it. It will pain a lot to see us go down. I’d rather sell the soul to the Qataris and be done with it.
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

49ers beat Cincinnati today to improve their record to 7-6. 3 games left on regular season schedule. Right now filling last wild card spot for playoffs in National league. several teams on their heels at 6-7.
CanuckMightyWhite

Post by CanuckMightyWhite »

Saxon wrote:49ers beat Cincinnati today to improve their record to 7-6. 3 games left on regular season schedule. Right now filling last wild card spot for playoffs in National league. several teams on their heels at 6-7.
They’re harmless. It is destined to be Tampa vs the Pats in the big dance.
TelfordLeeds

Post by TelfordLeeds »

They’re harmless. It is destined to be Tampa vs the Pats in the big dance.

Can'r see the Bucs getting through Lambeau again to get to the Super Bowl
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Start a new American Football thread please rather than clutter the Investment thread :)
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Winner of the Europa League