Investment

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Investment

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

I think it’s only a matter of time ( according to ^that article) before the 49ers take full control. Don’t know how that will leave us financially will we be in the top ten rich clubs ? Can’t see us ever competing with the likes of Manchester City, Newcastle or Chelsea they are in a different league financially.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

From today’s Daily Telegraph
the San Francisco 49ers are likely to push for a complete takeover this summer, and will be expected to stump up more cash than the previous regime.
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by corkleedsmot »

I would be very worried they will buy us and leverage debt on us. Otherwise I think this deal needs to happen.
I bet they have been watching FSB closely and will look to use a similar transfer model etc.
(Yes I am happy if it means they will remove Orta :lolno: :D )
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

corkleedsmot wrote: (Yes I am happy if it means they will remove Orta :lolno: :D )
There’s rumours that’ll they will be no Radrizzani, Orta or Kinnear at the start of next season. It’s looking to me that the takeover is very much on. Sadly for every good signing Orta has made he’s made three bad ones. Yes the powers that be have run their course at the club. I’ll bet they’re mighty relieved that we avoided relegation on Sunday.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Maybe I'm the only one not happy with this as think the current regime have taken us a long way.

Maybe the new owners will prove great but sometimes you've got to be careful what you wish for. The grass ain't always greener.

Only evidence so far of how they work imho is swapping Marcelo for Jesse and that is :thumbdown: from me.

Hope they prove me wrong.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Selby White wrote:Maybe I'm the only one not happy with this as think the current regime have taken us a long way.

Maybe the new owners will prove great but sometimes you've got to be careful what you wish for. The grass ain't always greener.
I think people forget about Ridsdale, Bates, GFH & Cellino. The aforementioned men have created a Premiership side, we once again own Elland Road & are financially stable. We’ve swapped Michael Brown, Kebe & Hunt for Raphinha, Koch & Llorente. People tend to forget we had Colin in charge & they brought in Marcelo. Who knows what the 49ers will bring to the table, how much they’ll invest or how American we are about to become.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:Maybe I'm the only one not happy with this as think the current regime have taken us a long way.

Only evidence so far of how they work imho is swapping Marcelo for Jesse and that is :thumbdown: from me.

Tend to agree.

Radz took the blame for sacking Bielsa, mainly because he made a statement himself, but I doubt very much it was just him. It’s no coincidence that we have potentially new American owners and suddenly an American manager.

Much will depend, to the regular match going fan, in what they do to season ticket prices, dealing with bar queues, enhancing the match day experience etc. Investment in the squad will obviously be a big factor, but there’s more to a football day out than just the game.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by corkleedsmot »

NottinghamWhite wrote:

I think people forget about Ridsdale, Bates, GFH & Cellino. The aforementioned men have created a Premiership side, we once again own Elland Road & are financially stable. We’ve swapped Michael Brown, Kebe & Hunt for Raphinha, Koch & Llorente. People tend to forget we had Colin in charge & they brought in Marcelo. Who knows what the 49ers will bring to the table, how much they’ll invest or how American we are about to become.
Unfortunately I can't forget Ridsdale. The absolute ****** ***** is involved in a takeover of my club here in Cork. I feel harassed :lol: :D
I actually like Radz I think he is shrewd but the current structure doesn't allow Leeds to grow much further. I think Radz retaining a share of say 10-15% of Leeds and him working on a pyramid of clubs underneath Leeds eg the Italian and Spanish clubs he was looking at while still be a big part of Leeds would be ideal, although not sure how that would work exactly, But we need a huge influx of staff and people with the IP to take us up a level.

The cultural thing is something Radz can help with. I actually still give Radz massive credit but it is clear a structure change is required.
Their investment arm is HUGE and is filled with billionaires so I suspect we can operate on a similar level to Liverpool. That should be our ideal model with US owners. SF49ers are known for being the savviest of the lot in US sports. I am willing to take that risk personally as Radz just doesn't have the funds or organisation behind him. If he was a multi Billionaire with 5-10 behind him he would be ideal but he would have lost half his net worth had Brentford gone differently. So it is a big risk for Leeds not to upgrade as you can't be too risk averse in the Premier league.
Last edited by corkleedsmot on 26 May 2022, 21:08, edited 1 time in total.
Tedbaker
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Tedbaker »

I agree with most of this. I think Radz had been great in the main and Kinnear is part of that team. Marcelo created a lot of the footballing culture and the family feel. Orta certainly gets a lot of flack and he got a few wrong but I don’t think he deserves all of the criticism he gets. Buying can be a risky business. I for one won’t be disparaging of a team who turned the club around so effectively. As ManU fans can testify American owners are not always a blessing. And if they do have loads of money, where is the sport in that?