Investment

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Re: Investment

Post by The Fonz »

Tedbaker wrote:
Selby White wrote:Maybe I'm the only one not happy with this as think the current regime have taken us a long way.

Maybe the new owners will prove great but sometimes you've got to be careful what you wish for. The grass ain't always greener.

Only evidence so far of how they work imho is swapping Marcelo for Jesse and that is :thumbdown: from me.

Hope they prove me wrong.
I agree with most of this. I think Radz had been great in the main and Kinnear is part of that team. Marcelo created a lot of the footballing culture and the family feel. Orta certainly gets a lot of flack and he got a few wrong but I don’t think he deserves all of the criticism he gets. Buying can be a risky business. I for one won’t be disparaging of a team who turned the club around so effectively. As ManU fans can testify American owners are not always a blessing. And if they do have loads of money, where is the sport in that?
"Where is the sport in that"

Excellent point Ted there is absolutely no achievement in winning because tou can poach all your rivals best players.
Interesting fact about Orta's signings I was told at the weekend.
10 of the 13 players we used for the key win at Brentford were signed by him.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Winner of the Europa League
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Is Andrea involved in this ?

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1131063277?-11130:816
Doesn't look like it based on a search, found this in an article which names the leaders of the consortium and doesn't mention Radz (it's all over the Indonesian news bizzarely, as one of the investors is Indonesian and apparently there's a lot of Indonesians investing in football clubs in Europe, who knew?!)...
On Friday (27/5/2022), Lecce made the official announcement of joining the consortium that bought the club’s shares. The consortium is led by three people, Boris Francesco Jean Collardi, Italian businessman Pascal Picci, and young Indonesian entrepreneur Alvin Sariaatmadja.
That combined with these two paragraphs from the end of the article you linked, suggest to me that he isn't involved.
Ultimately, Radrizzani's attempt to purchase the club for a knockdown price was rejected and the Leeds chief walked away from the negotiating table.

Mencucci meanwhile, with vast experience from his time as a Fiorentina director, has taken on this new venture in conjunction with his Leeds United role.
Our other Director Mencucci must have a reputation in Italy from his Fiorentina and Leeds experiences for knowing how to run football clubs, so the investors approached him. I think it's just coincidence, if Radz is involved at all it's likely quietly as a minority investor. It's not unusual for guys like that to throw a few million in when their mates are making a deal (oh how the other half live!).
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

There are no imminent plans for the 49ers Enterprises to take full control of the reigns at Elland Road, according to Leeds Utd journalist Phil Hay. The NFL franchise have a 44% investment in the West Yorkshire club, and according to documentation leaked by Hay late last year, will take full control of the club before January 2024. At the time (last December), this caused a massive rift between the former Chief Football Writer for the YEP, and Radrizzani who tried to say that the situation had been misrepresented.

Hay also revealed that any plans for redevelopment were still on the back burner, as 'money has to be in place before Leeds can proceed and the project won't be cheap'.
Winner of the Europa League
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

This is purely speculation on my part, but I can't help but wonder whether the odds of Leeds becoming part of the Red Bull stable are narrowing?

It seems that the connections have been primarily driven by Orta and Radrizzani seeing the RB business model for player development as an efficient way of establishing the club in the EPL, and that's obviously led to Marsch and a growing list of players joining. But I wonder whether they're exploring making this a more formal arrangement? I could imagine Radrizzani might see it as a potentially viable way out of the club, and having two wealthy corporates/franchises (49ers and RB) competing would only boost the likely sale price.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

Can you imagine the reaction if Red Bull tried to rebrand us as they do with their other clubs - "Badge-gate" would pale in comparison.