Investment

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Investment

Post by ChilwellWhite »

ChilwellWhite

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Just over a month till the window opens are the 49ers going to further investment as I can’t see them wanting us in a relegation battle. Our squad is paper thin at the moment with so many injuries. This isn’t a moan just thinking out loud about things.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Just over a month till the window opens are the 49ers going to further investment as I can’t see them wanting us in a relegation battle. Our squad is paper thin at the moment with so many injuries. This isn’t a moan just thinking out loud about things.
No, can't see it, and it's def no time to be panic buying anyway, especially when NU and Scum will be on the hunt for quality buys.

And the Americans are here for the long haul, IMHO.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
ChilwellWhite wrote:Just over a month till the window opens are the 49ers going to further investment as I can’t see them wanting us in a relegation battle. Our squad is paper thin at the moment with so many injuries. This isn’t a moan just thinking out loud about things.
No, can't see it, and it's def no time to be panic buying anyway, especially when NU and Scum will be on the hunt for quality buys.

And the Americans are here for the long haul, IMHO.
Phil Hay's analysis of their recent investment in the club was that the way the transfer of shares was structured implied the investment would be used on big infrastructure projects (i.e. ER expansion), rather than transfers. I'd expect that there could be some funds made available given the paper-thin squad, but it's hard to think of a single player who is good enough, fit enough, and available on loan/at an affordable price.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Phil Hay's piece in the Athletic today (It’s becoming increasingly clear that Leeds need to act in the January transfer window) does question whether the January window should be used but he reminds us that is not the way Bielsa or Orta like to play.

"Thoughts, then, turn to the January window which Leeds tend to treat like an uncomfortable family wedding. You’re in there, you have to play the game but it’s not much fun, last orders will be called before you know it so don’t spend money if you can avoid it.

There are, it should be said, some good reasons for that and they have been discussed here at length: Bielsa’s stipulations on the attributes he wants, Bielsa’s insistence on tip-top fitness in a window where many available players are surplus at their current clubs, and Victor Orta’s view that transfer fees in January often represent poor value. Through the early part of this season, the message from Leeds was that they intended to sit this January out, unless sitting it out was obviously asking for trouble."
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

https://twitter.com/david_ornstein/stat ... 66656?s=21

What’s everyone’s opinion on this ? Radz no where to be seen at the moment.
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite

Post by ChilwellWhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:https://twitter.com/david_ornstein/stat ... 66656?s=21

Personally aren’t a huge fan of Americans in our game. I suppose Liverpool haven’t done badly with Werner at the helm.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

ChilwellWhite wrote:

Personally aren’t a huge fan of Americans in our game. I suppose Liverpool haven’t done badly with Werner at the helm.
Even then though, there were cowboys & native Americans having a 'mare a few years back.

But if it happens here then we as a supporter-base just need to be vigilant enough to keep careful eye on the new owners. This 'news' isn't new or confirmed TBF, there were other established reporters stating absolutely that Radrizzani was intent on selling to his mate at PSG.

My own personal 'final straw' would be if they make us build a new stadium to replace ER, that would be it for me. As for the SF 49ers, they have been pretty respectful and positive to our club's legacy so far, and naturally they wouldn't be here to ruin the club or, IMHO, make a profit and put the club in danger like the Glazers at Scum have.
saihtam
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by saihtam »

ChilwellWhite wrote:

Yes but American owners dont have idea how sport in Europe works. They will try to push still their stupid franchise methods on. We will end thus also in the front runners for so called superleague... Same stuff the Liverpool owners are doing.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
ChilwellWhite wrote:

Even then though, there were cowboys & native Americans having a 'mare a few years back.

But if it happens here then we as a supporter-base just need to be vigilant enough to keep careful eye on the new owners. This 'news' isn't new or confirmed TBF, there were other established reporters stating absolutely that Radrizzani was intent on selling to his mate at PSG.

My own personal 'final straw' would be if they make us build a new stadium to replace ER, that would be it for me. As for the SF 49ers, they have been pretty respectful and positive to our club's legacy so far, and naturally they wouldn't be here to ruin the club or, IMHO, make a profit and put the club in danger like the Glazers at Scum have.
Couldn’t agree more about ER, I’d hate to move away from that place.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.