Where will be halfway point of the 19/20 season?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

How many points will we be on after 23 games, the season halfway point

30 or less
No votes
31-40
21%
41-50
72%
51 or higher
8%

Total votes: 39

Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Where will be halfway point of the 19/20 season?

Post by Nic »

We are about a quarter of the way into the season, which gets me wondering, where will we be after 23 games? Are we going to trundle on the same as before, have we had the best of our season and it's all downhill from here, or is it all going to click and we go on and take the league by storm?

If we turn into Stoke it will be under 30, if we win every match we'll be on 56 pts, otherwise it will be somewhere in between. The crux probably is will we continue the same formation, and can we click with that, or is a shake up needed - will a change to the starting line-up be enough?
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Where will be halfway point of the 19/20 season?

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Our next 12 games

Birmingham City (h)
Preston North End(a)
Sheffield Wednesday (a)
QPR (h)
Blackburn Rovers (h)
Luton Town (a)
Reading (a)
Middlesbrough (h)
Huddersfield Town (a)
Hull City (h)
Cardiff City (h)
Fulham (a)
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Of the above games only Wednesday and Fulham look that difficult if I’m honest, the other games are very winnable.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

At this point I'm seeing -

6 wins
4 draws
2 losses

Think the Cardiff, Fulham & Luton games are where we might struggle to get any thing or at best a point.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
saintjimmy
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by saintjimmy »

Not feeling it at this moment in time , something is just ‘off’ around the place so I’m thinking something on the lines of 17 points. P12 w4 d5 l3 leaving us on 37 points at halfway.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

46pts, I'm going for an average of 2 per game like we averaged in the first 10 games :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Nic

Post by Nic »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Of the above games only Wednesday and Fulham look that difficult if I’m honest, the other games are very winnable.
Of our first 11, how many were not winnable? Millwall will always be tricky and Swansea a hard game but would you expect us to have dropped more than 7pts so far? First five was 4 wins and a draw, the last 6 has been 2 wins, a draw and 3 losses.

I am hoping the international break has done us some good and allowed us to reset, a decent win on Saturday by at least a couple of goals will help. The Preston and Wednesday games are definitely going to be the test, lose them and we'll probably lose QPR. Get at least 4 and we'll win QPR.

We then have six games we should easily win Blackburn, Luton, Reading, Middlesbrough, Huddersfield, and Hull City. Cardiff and Fulham could then be tricky as we seem to fall over after a winning stretch. Cardiff should be a win as all their losses are away from home and they have yet to win on the road .... and so to true Leeds fashion we'll allow them to buck the trend. We'll probably lose to Fulham too.

So that could be 28 points putting us on 48, and we need to be there or higher (last season we were on 48) if we want to be in with a chance of promotion.

The pessimist in me things we draw the Birmingham and QPR games, lose the two inbetween, manage to get 4 wins and a draw from the 6 "nailed on wins" and maybe a point from the final two. That would put us on 36 points and probably in 7th spot.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Nic wrote:
So that could be 28 points putting us on 48, and we need to be there or higher (last season we were on 48) if we want to be in with a chance of promotion.
That's true but our second half was poor, I expect that to be much better than last term so believe 45 at half way would be ok (90pts in the season usually gets you promoted) .
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Nic

Post by Nic »

Selby White wrote:46pts, I'm going for an average of 2 per game like we averaged in the first 10 games :thumbup:
You mean keep the average of 2pts per game rather than 2pts per game for the next 12.
Selby White wrote:
Nic wrote:
That's true but our second half was poor, I expect that to be much better than last term so believe 45 at half way would be ok (90pts in the season usually gets you promoted) .
Well we only got 1 point from the last 4 games of the season when many expected us to get 10 at least. I'd much prefer to get more points because the last few seasons we've tend to wobble at the end.
Last season and the one before we averaged 1.25PPG in final 8 games, in 16/17 when we finished 7th it was 0.75PPG in the final 8 games
Will we do the same this season?
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

3 points so far.
Winner of the Europa League