Nketiah

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Nketiah

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I see Eddie scored a hat trick for the U21’s last night should he be starting for us ? Personally I think he will end up going back to Arsenal & out on loan to Bristol City say.
Winner of the Europa League
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Re: Nketiah

Post by Otherworld »

I don’t think Arsenal will recall him in January. But regardless, he needs to be in our starting 11, with or without Bamford. He is potentially our best goal threat, but not when he’s sitting on the bench.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Yeah, I'd like to see him given a run of games. We could still play Bamford on the right of the attack or just bring him on late on to help us close out games if we're leading, rather than the other way. BamBam holds it up better than him so that might work, especially if we tell Eddie he's got an hour to go nuts ..
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Problem is that MB sticks with players & I’m a believer in squad rotation probably his only fault.
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

I would love to see him start but the boss clearly sees him as an impact sub. It’s all well and good saying he scored a hat trick last night but with all due respect it was against a group of teenagers, the championship is a different ball game.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

True to form Sky are trying to start a fire based on something Eddie Nketiah said on the lines that he is not happy day on the bench. Any player worth his salt would say that wouldn't he or she? That, in might view, is the right mentality. They want to be on the pitch, playing. That's not the same as saying "blow this for a game of soldiers I'm off". The lad is good but far from the finished article and he is learning and being developed by a guy who knows his onions. Hopefully Arsenal will take a more rounded view.

Perhaps the answer is that Bamford and Nketiah rotate game by game with each playing 60 minutes in alternate games :D
Keep The Faith / WAL
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

He's on Arsenals books lets remember and held in high regard by them. For me it doesn't matter at what level your playing at, getting goals is what its all about for a striker and the lad is doing that. It may turn out that he wants to go back to Arsenal in January? I think the lad has stated that he thinks he's good enough to play. For me personally it will be a travesty if he does request to go back without being given a fair crack of the whip.

For me and I've said afew times now, if you scout a player you should have a idea how he is going to fit into a system, Eddie is not PB and never will be imo, he's a completely different type of player. Its ok saying that PB fits our system better but that's because MB as designed it that way. I say this to fans and MB.

Think about how we would play without PB, and we may find another more productive solution, because by the sounds of it, we don't seem to have another solution at present.
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

ChilwellWhite wrote:I would love to see him start but the boss clearly sees him as an impact sub. It’s all well and good saying he scored a hat trick last night but with all due respect it was against a group of teenagers, the championship is a different ball game.
This is more or less my view. Bielsa probably knows Nketiah is better coming off the bench when the defenders are tired. He is undoubtedly quick and skilful but maybe also lacks the body strength of most Championship defenders to start the game and would be too easily knocked off the ball. If he does start, it has to be with Bamford who is much better at keeping hold of the ball and would also drag the defenders around creating space for Eddie to exploit.
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
Shadwell White
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Shadwell White »

BrighouseWhite wrote:
ChilwellWhite wrote:I would love to see him start but the boss clearly sees him as an impact sub. It’s all well and good saying he scored a hat trick last night but with all due respect it was against a group of teenagers, the championship is a different ball game.
This is more or less my view. Bielsa probably knows Nketiah is better coming off the bench when the defenders are tired. He is undoubtedly quick and skilful but maybe also lacks the body strength of most Championship defenders to start the game and would be too easily knocked off the ball. If he does start, it has to be with Bamford who is much better at keeping hold of the ball and would also drag the defenders around creating space for Eddie to exploit.
I'm not sure I buy into this bring him on against tired legs, why not have him playing from the start when none of our players have tired legs and we are dominating play. Looking back at some of our recent games, we could have been quite easily 3 or 4 nil up at half time. Anyway as I've been saying in previous post play Bamford on the right and Nketiah in the middle , Hernandez at 10. Simple, loads of goals!
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Shadwell White wrote:
BrighouseWhite wrote:
ChilwellWhite wrote:I would love to see him start but the boss clication to early sees him as an impact sub. It’s all well and good saying he scored a hat trick last night but with all due respect it was against a group of teenagers, the championship is a different ball game.
I'm not sure I buy into this bring him on against tired legs, why not have him playing from the start when none of our players have tired legs and we are dominating play. Looking back at some of our recent games, we could have been quite easily 3 or 4 nil up at half time. Anyway as I've been saying in previous post play Bamford on the right and Nketiah in the middle , Hernandez at 10. Simple, loads of goals!
True, there is the counter argument that Bamford would be better last on when we have a lead and he just holds the ball up to ensure we keep possession.

If we start with Eddie and he does not score in the first game, will people see it as a justification as to being a sub or case of persevering?