Centenary Kit

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Centenary Kit

Post by Nic »

So we've been waiting for the Centenary Kit, sites like https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leed ... t-17094584 going on what Kappa have done before, such as for the french side Angers

It looks like the kit for Saturday has been revealed
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Centenary Kit

Post by Barlow Boy »

Priced at £149, (accompanied by a book), I’m not sure this is aimed at your standard supporter. Not to mention, it’s only available in size large, which rules the likes of me and Davy out straight away.

Perhaps one for ISR, but I can’t help thinking the club have gone at this the wrong way. There are 1919 of these shirts available, priced at £149 that’s around £285,000. Surely, pricing at say £50 they would have shifted thousands (especially with Christmas coming up), making far more than the £285,000.

To be honest, I can’t help thinking the club have used the centenary celebrations as a cash cow rather than a true ‘celebration’. Even our regular crowd in the Pavilion have been dispersed this Saturday with the Radebe thing going on :thumbdown:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:Priced at £149, (accompanied by a book), I’m not sure this is aimed at your standard supporter. Not to mention, it’s only available in size large, which rules the likes of me and Davy out straight away.

Perhaps one for ISR, but I can’t help thinking the club have gone at this the wrong way. There are 1919 of these shirts available, priced at £149 that’s around £285,000. Surely, pricing at say £50 they would have shifted thousands (especially with Christmas coming up), making far more than the £285,000.

To be honest, I can’t help thinking the club have used the centenary celebrations as a cash cow rather than a true ‘celebration’. Even our regular crowd in the Pavilion have been dispersed this Saturday with the Radebe thing going on :thumbdown:

£74.50 each mate and we can both wear it at the same time :thumbup: Using the loo may be an issue though :D
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Holy macaroni. £150, does it get signed at the legends dinner? I will get mi mate to get me one from Thailand next time he goes. I've got Yorkshire mannerisms can you tell, i love good value for money? :shifty:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

It's a load of old swallocks, if you ask me.
Completely unacceptable to charge that much for a shirt and a book.

I can only imagine what price they'll be on eBay in about six weeks from now ..
Nic

Post by Nic »

rigger wrote:It's a load of old swallocks, if you ask me.
Completely unacceptable to charge that much for a shirt and a book.

I can only imagine what price they'll be on eBay in about six weeks from now ..
Speculate to accumulate :shifty: I remember when new consoles came out yearly a co-worker used to buy a few as soon as they came out as they'd inevitably sell out and would ebay them.

I find it unacceptable the price of replica shirts especially when they bring out 3 kits. So really this is just another step.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Then again, we were reformed under a different name following Leeds City's illegal payments to players weren't we ?
You could say we're just upholding a fine old tradition of dodgy deals ..
Nic

Post by Nic »

rigger wrote:Then again, we were reformed under a different name following Leeds City's illegal payments to players weren't we ?
You could say we're just upholding a fine old tradition of dodgy deals ..
No wonder Ken Bates was attracted to the club. Seem to have had a few people connected with the club over the years :lolno:
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Otherworld »

Looks like they’re sold out now anyway. I would’ve bought one, would’ve given me some incentive to lose a bit of weight, but looks like it’s too late now. :(
lufctrav
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by lufctrav »

I feel like the club couldn't have gotten it more wrong.
1st, what relevance is the kit to the history of Leeds United?
And 2nd, a kit that would have flown off the shelves like none before it has been limited to a minority of supporters willing to part with an obscene amount of coin for a shirt.

IMO it alienates most supporters in a week that really should unite us all.